BRU best airport in Europe

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Cartman

BRU best airport in Europe

Post by Cartman »

Source: De Standaard.

The Airport Council International elected BRU as the best airport in Europe. BRU and CPH tied, ZRH got the second place, third place went to HEL.

This Airport excellence awards is the result of a questionnaire among passengers in 66 different airports worldwide.

Honestly, working at BRU passenger services myself, I am little surprised. Imagine how bad things are at other airports :D :D :D Or is BRU really not that bad at all and is it just because I see things going wrong daily that I have a wrong picture about this marvellous place to work?

[In Dutch: https://www.aviation24.be/postt15827.html ]

Ivan_Eagle

Post by Ivan_Eagle »

Hello

BRU isn't bad, but everybody thinks that because all the bad comments of the people in the departure-route( :evil: :evil: ) is complaining and we still remember that :wink:

Greats Ivan

zillox

Post by zillox »

Yihaa... BRU is the best airport in europe!
Modern and a lot of space :D
Only Hongkong is better in my eyes :wink:

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Great for BRU, however it's sad to see BRU can't take advantage of its potential ...
Tot hier en verder

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
I'm traveling a lot and YES BRU is a great airport if you compare to CDG or Heathrow these are very BAD.
But Schiphol is fantastic but in BRU it's a easy airport.
It's maybe a long run but it's calm and you feel relax it's not crowdie and with a lot of light inside.
Regards
Pat
Last edited by lumumba on 08 Mar 2006, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Munich doesn't get a mention. That's a good airport no?

Emirates

Atlantis

Re: BRU best airport in Europe

Post by Atlantis »

Cartman wrote:Source: De Standaard.

Honestly, working at BRU passenger services myself, I am little surprised. Imagine how bad things are at other airports :D :D :D Or is BRU really not that bad at all and is it just because I see things going wrong daily that I have a wrong picture about this marvellous place to work?

[In Dutch: https://www.aviation24.be/postt15827.html ]
Off course BRU is not bad at all. The big difference is that we are in the middle of it. We know the problems of our airport, the noise and nightflights f.e., but other airports have them also. Not every company or airport is 100% everywere you have something that is going wrong.

But I'm pleased that the world know that BRU is the best airport of Europe. We have to be proud and maybe it brings good things to BRU.

burner737

Post by burner737 »

I think the people who made that decision where either drunk or high ...
I've traveled from AMS, ZRH, and some other airports ...

But for me AMS and ZRH are way much better then BRU --> for passengers and spotters ...

And ofcourse some people will say that this isn't true because they like BRU, but you can only compare if you travel ...

Regards Tim

Avro

Post by Avro »

burner737 wrote:
But for me AMS and ZRH are way much better then BRU --> for passengers and spotters ...
Spotters don't count in this survey ;)

I'm however surprised that MUC and ZRH are not mentioned !! But they are in the top for sure.

Chris
Last edited by Avro on 08 Mar 2006, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

burner737

Post by burner737 »

Avro wrote:
burner737 wrote:
Spotters don't count in this sruvey ;)

I'm however surprised that MUC and ZRH are not mentioned !! But they are in the top for sure.

Chris
I know but however ... AMS and ZRH are the best for me in every way ...

Regards Tim
ow and BTW double check before you post :D it's survey ... :wink:

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Bru airport authorities and sn should make the most out of this distinction.. ADVERTISEMENT WELCOME !
frankly except this forum members who was aware that brussels airport is currently the most appreciated in Europe...LEt this great news be broadcasted the world over ;;;it's good to hear ;o)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi burner 737.
AMS and ZRH are good airport's for sure BUT Brussels also is a good airport and today Brussels is a very good airport.
Regards
Pat
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Avro

Post by Avro »

burner737 wrote: ow and BTW double check before you post :D it's survey ... :wink:
Thanks for correcting ;) Sorry for my mistake :oops:

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Am I the only one thinking that it doesn't deserve that much praise? I mean look at how much time it takes to go to terminal A! Most of us might be young and healthy but this going up and down business really does my head in whenever I fly in the Schengen zone!

Congrat though!

sukiyaki

Post by sukiyaki »

Airbus_fan wrote:Great for BRU, however it's sad to see BRU can't take advantage of its potential ...
I'm not sure about that ! This award puts BRU (the political heart of Europe) again on the aviation world map. I guess especially Asian carriers are sensitive to quality aspects. So let's see it from the bright side and hope it will be inducive for more big carriers to choose BRU as an alternative for its (congested ?) big brothers like LHR, FRA, CDG and AMS. I only hope BRU will manage to win this award next time again !

C_J

Post by C_J »

sukiyaki wrote:I am not sure about that ! This award puts BRU (the political heart of Europe) again on the aviation world map. I guess especially Asian carriers are sensitive to quality aspects. So let's see it from the bright side and hope it will be inducive for more big carriers to choose BRU as an alternative for its (congested ?) big brothers like LHR, FRA, CDG and AMS.
Will this award attract more customers? I don't know...

burner737

Post by burner737 »

lumumba wrote:Hi burner 737.
AMS and ZRH are good airport's for sure BUT Brussels also is a good airport and today Brussels is a very good airport.
Regards
Pat
Well in my opinion BRU is not that good...

to Vinnie-Winnie: nope you're not the only one who thinks that ...

Regards Tim

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Avro wrote:
burner737 wrote:

Chris
As I said in the original post, ZRH was second best. I have no idea about MUC though...

Edit: SEL (Seoul Kimpo) has been elected best airport worldwide.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Vinnie-Winnie wrote:Am I the only one thinking that it doesn't deserve that much praise? I mean look at how much time it takes to go to terminal A! Most of us might be young and healthy but this going up and down business really does my head in whenever I fly in the Schengen zone!

Congrat though!
A walk of 20 min is nothing in compare with LHR. I travel time to time via LHR and change from terminal can take 70 to 75 min.

The same for Johannesburg. You can check in for a domestic flight and after that you have a very, very long walk outside to go to the right terminal.

Just my opinion