Just Booked Flights with British Airways!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

Just Booked Flights with British Airways!

Post by Comet »

Today we booked our winter holiday and for the first time in years we are flying with British Airways.

We fly MAN-LHR on an A320 (I really wished for a 757 as I've never been on a 757 but I've flown in a few A320s).

Then on the same day we fly LHR-BRU again on an A320.

A few days later we fly direct from BRU to MAN in a BAe 146 operated by BA Connect.

This will also be the first time we've flown domestic flights in the UK.

We fly out from terminal 4, which I've never flown from so I hope it's a decent terminal, I've done all the other Heathrow terminals.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

regi

Post by regi »

why you did this booking over Heatthrow?
BMI has great B737 flights directly Manchester -Brussels.

Comet

Post by Comet »

All the bmi flights I found were via LHR. We wanted to fly back to MAN direct without a change because we would be setting off from BRU late in the afternoon. We fly out via LHR because most flights from MAN-BRU don't operate on a Sunday and SNBA always seem to drop the SN2174 at Christmas.
Louise

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Sad that you couldn't choose for SN Brussels Airlines.

They have nice fares if you book more than 2 months in advance.
Fare 39 € + 74 € taxes. ( return )
And they have a 2 - 3 seating :wink:
Best regards,

Airbuske

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

regi wrote:why you did this booking over Heatthrow?
BMI has great B737 flights directly Manchester -Brussels.
BMI has 737's? Well thats news to me, so to is that they fly Manchester-Brussels! BMI Baby have 737's but not to Brussels anymore. But maybe I am wrong! :? But I doubt it mate!

Emirates
Last edited by speedbird1 on 28 Feb 2006, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

BMI is only using ER4's / A320's and A319's on the routes to BRU.
Best regards,

Airbuske

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

this must be a blow to SNBA, losing their biggest fan.

Enjoy your flights on BA!!

Comet

Post by Comet »

We would have gone with SNBA if it hadn't been for the fact that they axe alot of their flights to and from the UK over Christmas. We like to fly out in the morning but the morning ones are the ones which seem to be axed. At least with BA having lots of flights a day, it is easier to get re-booked on another flight if one doesn't run than it would be flying with an airline with only one flight.

Normal SNBA service will be resumed next year, but at least we have two holidays with SNBA to look forward to :mrgreen:
Louise

sn26567

Re: Just Booked Flights with British Airways!

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Today we booked our winter holiday and for the first time in years we are flying with British Airways.
I don't recognise you anymore! You, the BA-basher, booked on BA? At least you will be able to compare. 8)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Re: Just Booked Flights with British Airways!

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:Today we booked our winter holiday and for the first time in years we are flying with British Airways.
I don't recognise you anymore! You, the BA-basher, booked on BA? At least you will be able to compare. 8)
:mrgreen: Compare what? I don't have a problem with six abreast RJs :mrgreen:

Seriously, BA was our only option for the flight times we wanted. SNBA axe the morning flights at Christmas, VLM would be out of the question because of the restricted opening of LCY and so we just had BA to go for.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Flew BA to/from LHR last Wednesday and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

I love their Airbus aircraft, and the service in general was excellent. Cabin crew members were perfect as well...

Although many people complain about LHR T4, I quite like it (lot's of things to see, enough eating facilities for in case you're hungry,...)

Will write a trip report when I have time.

Frederic

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have only experienced T4 very briefly on the landside when we had a ride over there a few years ago as we had a few hours to wait for our flight from T3. I had read it had reasonable facilities on the airside, such as shops, but I have read very little about it from people who have actually used the terminal.

And seeing as we land in the morning from MAN, some nice places to eat will be very welcome, as we have three hours before our flight to BRU leaves.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

To me also T4 looked very functional, easy to use. And indeed there are a lot of eateries (and drinkeries with brands like Stella Artois, Leffe, Hoegaarden, etc.). Only the general colours of the building look somewhat cold.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Captain

Post by Captain »

T4 is not too bad though ageing a bit compared to the huge T3 which is served by most international airlines.

T4 does have a huge amount of BA wide bodies as well as a few Qantas 747's.

T5 which will open in 2 years will be dedicated to BA which will allow it to operate all of it's flights from one single terminal and ease the notoriouse flight transfer between BA flights (i.e T1 and T4). This will also provide a lot of room for expansion.

Comet

Post by Comet »

We got an e-mail from BA today to say that our outward MAN-LHR flight is slightly retimed and leaves and lands a little bit earlier.

What would be nice was a change of aircraft type to 757 and A321 then I could sample two new types, and this could be my only chance to fly in a 757.
Louise

Stepha380

Post by Stepha380 »

T4 is one of the best terminal at LHR
-view on runways (rotation pictures)
-former BA Concorde terminal
-Wifi (Deutsche Telekom)
-Lots of clothing shops (some are really expensive like Escada...) and food shops.

Lots of QF 747, BA 747 and 777 to look at, there is also KLM...
Comet wrote: What would be nice was a change of aircraft type to 757 and A321 then I could sample two new types
If it happens book a seat in the first rows while on-line checking in, otherwise it might be a "nightmare". :shock:

Don't forget to look right first when crossing the streets. :lol:

I fly on thursday LHR(T4)-CDG with BA, I will post some pictures.

Comet

Post by Comet »

I just found out that BA appeared to have changed their BRU-MAN flight we're going on from a 146/ARJ to an ERJ145 :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I've never been in an ERJ. Now all I want is for the A320 between MAN and LHR to be a 757 and the A320 from LHR-BRU to be an A321 then that is three new types for me!
Louise

TWA

Post by TWA »

The ERJ experience will be the best part of your trip, it's almost like flying a privat jet. Have fun.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Comet wrote:I just found out that BA appeared to have changed their BRU-MAN flight we're going on from a 146/ARJ to an ERJ145
Not a bad change, as the BAe146-200s BA operate give a very old impression on the inside. Certainly the ceilings... the interior was very clean however, when I was on G-GNTZ MAN-BRU 10 days ago.

By the way: the reason why MAN-BRU is a dedicated BAe146 route, is because the AR1s are equipped with a 3-3 seating configuration. In order to compete with the 2-3 of SN, BA decided to dedicate the 2-3 configured aircraft to the BRU route (with the exception of a few other destinations, where their sole BAe146-100 and BAe146-300 are used).

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:In order to compete with the 2-3 of SN, BA decided to dedicate the 2-3 configured aircraft to the BRU route.
If they really wanted to compete, they would also offer free meals and drinks!
André
ex Sabena #26567