Improving my VA, can you help?

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
fokker_f27

Improving my VA, can you help?

Post by fokker_f27 »

Hi everybody,

As you probably know now I have a VA: SkyBlue. It's still a small VA with 2 pilots. But our VA wants to grow larger, improve. What would you like to see on the VA?

Out website is:

www.freewebs.com/fly_skyblue

Thank you :D

stevie

Post by stevie »

hay

I like your VA and would to help you but I don't have a flight sim. already
but its a start for a good airline :wink:

flying greets

Flightboy2004

Post by Flightboy2004 »

Hi,

I can't help you but here are some tips. You may consider to use some of them.

Tips
1. Build a professional website, with a top level domain and hosting. Don't use freewebs etc. it just doesn't make sence. If you don't have the possibility to build one on your own then search someone who can.
2. Try to improve your logo, it looks a bit 'microsoft painty' in my eyes, but it's a start.
3. I think the blue on your aircrafts is to flashy, it's really 8O. Try to bring it a bit down to are more eyefriendlier blue, so that it doesn't look this flashy.
4. Plan, plan, plan, plan and did I say plan already? You have to plan everything within the airline so it runs smooth, a virtual airline that is set up in two days/weeks is not that good. It takes years, yes years, to come up with something cool.
5. Search some really good administrators, don't just give anyone a position he/she wants, try to find the best people.
6. Try to be realistic but let it be fun for your pilots to.
7. Take your time for the airline, see also tip 4.
8. On your aircraft paint, try to smoothen the blue on the fuselage, it looks a bit stressed-painted. :lol:
9. Good luck...

:wink:

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Thanks for the tips, Flightboy2004. But which host should I use? I can't afford one that costs money...

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

unfortuantly there are noe free hosts on which you can build a decend site on, a paid host really is the best, otherwise use the free webspace your provider normally gives you (for example Telenet gives you 50MB) it's not much, but it's a start ;)

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

[quote="sab319otherwise use the free webspace your provider normally gives you (for example Telenet gives you 50MB)[/quote]

Belgacom gives the same space.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Yes, I use Telenet and I've tried to make a website like that. It's difficult. And even if I would get it working I don't know HTML nor know anyone who knows it... :(

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

Do you have a kind of program like Frontpage? Otherwise just look google under "make your own website" there you can find a lot of HTMl explenation.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

I think I'll stick to Freewebs tough... If I learn CSS I can customise my site there.
Flightboy2004 wrote:3. I think the blue on your aircrafts is to flashy, it's really icon_eek.gif. Try to bring it a bit down to are more eyefriendlier blue, so that it doesn't look this flashy.
I've just made a new paint since the last ERJ arrived. Only that plane has it but the colors are much darker.

Maybe I should ask something different:
What don't you like about my VA?

Flightboy2004

Post by Flightboy2004 »

Hello,

Try this website it's very good to learn HTML:

http://handleidinghtml.nl/

Good luck. :wink:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I've seen a lot of start-up VA's here. Unfortunatly they're no mach for the Sabena VAgroup and AirBelgium... Maybe it would be better to merge some smaller VA's so you can create one big VA wich might have a chance (and has the people behind it to work on it)?