VG/Delsey Virtual Airlines Poll

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...

As a flightsimmer, which name would you prefer ? (based on the ex-real airliner)

Poll ended at 02 Mar 2006, 11:21

Total votes: 0

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Great, looking forward to see the site 8)
Tot hier en verder

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Good luck with your VA, and have fun managing it.

cherdt

Post by cherdt »

:D I love the idea ! ! ! And I'm glad to hear that you dropped the b747's... I wish you all the best with your project. Can't wait to fly in VG Colors :wink:

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Thnx Cherdt !

Well, i promised you all to show you a preview of our website. I know it's very late now, but i can't stop working on it :roll:

We are working very hard to implement automatic functions to the site to help our pilots and to get everything ready as fast as possible. But then again, it takes a lot of time (considering it's 12:26 am now 8O )

Anyway, hope you all like the concept !

More to come later...

Davy Albrecht
IV001 Director VGVA

PS: Special thanks to A.net photographer Marlo for letting us use his picture.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

That website is so professional! Great job on that!
What host are you using?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

The site looks indeed very nice! Also great to see you'll fly on IVAO 8)
Tot hier en verder

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

A nice website for a nice Va :D When will the website be online?

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Thanks all !

Well, we are working very hard for our systems to be all settled and ready to go. For the moment we are implementing the fsacars tool into the website which will provide a map of the current flights, our pilots that are flying on ivao and a fully operational pirep and pilot roster.

So after this is done we will launch the website and open our systems for members.

As for those that really can't wait any longer, we are able to accept pilots pre registrations. This will give us the ability to test more of our tools.

Pilots interested in joining can simply sent a private message to my account and include their name, location and email. They will be notified by mail with their pilot id's.

As for the hosting matter, we use the excellent services of Speedpacket.

Here's a screenshot of the pilot roster:

See you later for more news...

IV001

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Please contact didiertiger@hotmail.com , since he is still working on VG virtual

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

didier is always free to contact us...

our url www.flyvg.org is almost finished.

Normally we should be in the air within 2 weeks max.

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

I Hope You Its Gone Be Great Because Now We Most Close Oure Site and The Other Things

But I think U got 1 Problem And Thats The Right Of Van Gaever Freddy we have them so mayby i hope my boys get a place in the Va It sdoesn't have To Be Big

greetz,
Didier

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Hi VG,

Nice to hear you are willing to cooperate with us. Well.. there's isn't really a problem because VG Airlines isn't an operator anymore. So basicly Van Gaever doesn't have anything to do with us or anything related to our website.

I haven't heard anything of your VG yet and i'm not aware of any plans of it...but then again we are all flightsim enthousiasts and i'm always in for a compromise. You can message me your existing members and staff and i'll see what i can do ;)

For all others, we are still busy with setting everything up, might take about 2 weeks to finish it because we don't want any problems with the site, pirep system etc...

Kind regards
IV001

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

Thanks Hope U guys Get Really In The Top

I'm Making Now An Other Airline

https://www.aviation24.be/postt15797.html

So Oure Site Isn't Gone Only Adres Change Because These Days It Is'nt Cheap For Some MB SPace

Hope Oure Airlines Are Going Good

Greetz,
Didier

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Didier,

thanks for the support ! I hope your VA runs great. Goodluck with it, you are always welcome at VG VA ;)

Flightboy2004

Post by Flightboy2004 »

Well, i promised you all to show you a preview of our website. I know it's very late now, but i can't stop working on it
Hello,

Nice Mambo CMS template you have chosen there.
Good luck with it. :wink:

Greetz..

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Hi ;)

Yeah mambo is great to use for this kind of projects. But then again, it's hard to adapt all the PHP and SQL stuff inside Mambo. It's not the easiest option to make your site :roll:

IV001

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

but it still is a whole lot easier than having to code everything from scratch in your custom php

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

sab319 wrote:but it still is a whole lot easier than having to code everything from scratch in your custom php
It is yes, but I have about 10 sites running on php and oracle so I can't make them all...

What's your point?

Buzz

Re: VGVA

Post by Buzz »

sn690 wrote:But I wonder if that's a good idea to add Boeings to the fleet!
If you want to expand the fleet , I should keep it by Airbus. Like A320's or more A330's, and maybe some A340's . Boeings aren't a good idea. The last years before that Sabena was still alive , there were no B747's in Belgium registered. So I don't like that idea.
Indeed, an A319LR in all bussiness class could do the trick...

Any updates on the project?

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

@ Ewout,

Thanks for the suggestions, but if you read the topic you will notice that we have dropped the 747 idea. Our fleet will consist of A332, A343 and A320 for local flights.

As what the destionations are concerned we are still performing a market research to figure out what destinations would be profitable for us. One thing is for sure, we will be present on the European market !

@ Buzz,

Indeed I have some updates on the project. The site is about finished, so is the A332 repaint. We found some nice A332 livery but it was painted for FS2002, so if we wanted to have a quality repaint we should repaint it. The A320 is available in our download section.

U'll probably ask... download section? Where? Well it is there but for the moment we like to keep our site closed because the last thing I want is a site that is not finished (shows lack of professionalism).

Fsacars (until we have our own pirep program) is almost implemented but we are still in the search for a fsacars 'expert'.

If any of you would like to participate in the implementation of fsacars I would like to hear about it ;)

I'm not going to promise we will be active as of April 1st but one thing is for sure... we ARE coming, we ARE going to be active on IVAO and we ARE going to participate in all Belgian Events !

Kind regards
IV001
VGVA CEO