Bravo Airlines to brussels?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

burner737

Post by burner737 »

Would be great to see them @ BRU !!!
It would give me a reason to go back to BRU for once ...

regards Tim

Avro

Post by Avro »

Will they fly from BRU to Kinshasa directly or via MAD. The destination map is namely confusing...

Thanks

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Accoding to the map they are going to fly direct to Kinshasa. Again competition against SNBA. But good for BRU.

But when are they going to start with ops?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Euh, what about Hewa Bora airlines then?

Because at present, the bilateral between Belgium and DR of Congo only allows for 1 designated Belgian carrier and 1 designated Congolese carrier to operate scheduled flights between Congo and Belgium....

afrikair

Post by afrikair »

L A C will be operated by Bravo Al and becomes a congolese carrier

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

tolipanebas,

I have totaly the same idea about it than you.

Isn't that Hewa Bora's B767-200, they were talking about it? LAC =Lignees Aerienne Congolaises
The B767

The disclaimer on their site
Lineas Aereas del Congo
Lignees Aeriennes Congolaises
4 Avenue du Port KINSHASA (GOMBE)
© Bravo Airlines SA
Complejo Mirall Balear - Cami son fangos 100 Bloque A 1 - 07007 Palma de Mallorca

My conclusion after reading the web site: an Congolese Airline with a Spanish, European, operating licence.

Greetz,

Dave

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

tolipanebas wrote:Euh, what about Hewa Bora airlines then?

Because at present, the bilateral between Belgium and DR of Congo only allows for 1 designated Belgian carrier and 1 designated Congolese carrier to operate scheduled flights between Congo and Belgium....
There seems to be a loophole as LAC Bravo is registered as a Spanish carrier...

Regards, Robin Bamps.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

That still leaves TWO Congolese carriers where there can only be ONE as far as I know....

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Ah, so they might make use of a bilateral between Spain and DR of Congo, that makes sense.

However, don't count on any direct flights to BRU in that case: the plane must first land on Spanish soil.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It's strange in the whole sense. They have a very poor site, English and French version does not work. About info, when are they going to start?
It's weird. I'm curious if they will live very long.

Avro

Post by Avro »

tolipanebas wrote:Ah, so they might make use of a bilateral between Spain and DR of Congo, that makes sense.

However, don't count on any direct flights to BRU in that case: the plane must first land on Spanish soil.
But it was said in previous topics that Hewa Bora will not fly to BRU anymore with the L-1011 in the near future but with a B762. So the B762 might be the one of Bravo Airlines.

Chris

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

I've seen in the Congolese press that there are growing tensions between LAC and Bravo. Moreover many operational and financial issues are not solved yet.

A website with a big and extensive route map doesn't worth anything to me.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

But it was said in previous topics that Hewa Bora will not fly to BRU anymore with the L-1011 in the near future but with a B762. So the B762 might be the one of Bravo Airlines.
I would doubt it because they (Hewa Bora and LAC) are opponents in the congolese domestic market.

website-info

Post by website-info »

HWA are on the market for another L1011 instead of a B767 (apparently there are not many Boeings around at the prices they wanna pay !) Delivery of the L1011 should be in 3-4 weeks

T

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

It looks a little bit confusing to me. It's a new airline??
Wich will operate from madrid and from Kinshasa???

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

SN_fan wrote:It looks a little bit confusing to me. It's a new airline??
Wich will operate from madrid and from Kinshasa???
Yes it is a new company:
Bravo Airlines is an airline founded in Madrid , March 2004 in order to make regular flights in the African continent as well as connections between Africa and Europe.

So Bravo Airlines is a new Spanish airline.
The European company Bravo Airlines will be the operator of the flights.

Where is LAC coming from ?

Our respect by the idiosyncrasy of the countries that we are going to operate has made us make the decision to install us like partners of aeronautical operators who or have existed or we created we ourself. To this one aim we have been associated with Congolese Air lines.

To this one aim we have been associated with Congolese Air lines the old airline company of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Air Zaire denominated now AIR CONGO at the moment is without activity, only making flights operated by other companies of the surroundings. The agreement subscribed between the BRAVO group - LAC (Lineas Congolese Ae'reas) will allow the development of the routes that formerly operated this company and the use of its rights of traffic.

(Translation made by babelfish)

So if I'm correct the spanish airline will use the traffic rights of LAC to operate the flights ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

airbuske wrote: So if I'm correct the Spanish airline will use the traffic rights of LAC to operate the flights?
Well they certainly seems to think so, however the bilateral between Belgium and DR of Congo is cristal clear: ONLY ONE designated CONGOLESE carrier may operate between the 2 countries alongside ONE BELGIAN designated airline. And of course no other airlines from other countries may operate as there is no open sky agreement in place here.

Currently this Congolese designated airline is Hewa Bora Airlines, which flies to FIH alongside the 5 weekly SN flights. Don't know what all those traffic rights are that they seem to think LAC still holds, (Maybe LAC have just 'leased out' their rights on the route to BRU to Howa Bora) but IF this materializes Hewa Bora MUST stop their activities to BRU immediately!

If however, Hewa Bora is the owner of the traffic rights after all, then they can continu to serve BRU and Bravo Airlines can not do FIH-BRU non-stop, nomather what they seem to think. (They could do with a stop in for instance MAD though if there is a bilateral between Spain and the DR of Congo)

Anyway, seems like another 'African' story developing: 'who owns the right to fly BRU-FIH on Congolese side?' Wonder if they will sort it out quickly, or if they will fight over it for a long time? I wonder how long it will take them to start working out their frustation on the Belgians, who have the right for 5 weekly flights, whereas they 'only'' have 2.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I did some research to find some more info about this new airline.

So in this way I came true some African newspapers and some European economics newspapers. And all of them are saying the first flights of Bravo Airlines is scheduled in the beginning of March 2006.

The flights ex-Bru and ex-CDG are going via Mad.

They are going to use the B757 and B767 for their international flights and the F50 for the domestic flights.

The name Lac-Bravo airlines came from the dismissed airline LAC and the new Spanish airline Bravo Airlines. You can say that LAC get a second life in Bravo Airlines.

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

website-info wrote:HWA are on the market for another L1011 instead of a B767 (apparently there are not many Boeings around at the prices they wanna pay !) Delivery of the L1011 should be in 3-4 weeks
I think i found the possible L1011 for HWA in Victorville.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1002496/L/
This one is ready to escape the desert!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink: