new direct road connection between Antwerp (E19) and BRU

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

killerwhale65

new direct road connection between Antwerp (E19) and BRU

Post by killerwhale65 »

hi,

any idea how and where they are going to put the new connection? Will there be a tunnel under 25R?
Last edited by killerwhale65 on 31 Jan 2006, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

744rules

Re: new road connetcion between Antwerp (E19) and BRU

Post by 744rules »

killerwhale65 wrote:hi,

any idea how and where they are going to put the new connection? Will there be a tunnel under 25R?
Another one ??
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

what do you mean another one? There is no direct connection now. People coming from the E19 first have to enter the Ring and then the A201.
Last edited by killerwhale65 on 31 Jan 2006, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Thoen

744rules

Post by 744rules »

What I meant, is that there is already a tunnel to get to the cargo apron

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

yes but that one is only for airport ground traffic.

Besides i dont know that, it was exactly my question.
Matthias Thoen

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Oh didn't even know!

Sounds good! Any good link where I can read more about it?

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Matthias Thoen

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I think, but that's my opinion, that they want to make this road behind the TNT building. A viaduct starting at the E19 over " de Haagtsesteenweg" and go further in the direction of "de Mosselbank". There you can make a connection with the existing road at the building of Sobelair and Sabena house. They are at this moment working at this road.

Second question if allow. Where are they going to build the cargo railwaystation at Brucargo? So that's why I think the place behind TNT is perfect. A lot of space.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

this would mean you would have to cross 25R no?
Matthias Thoen

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

killerwhale65 wrote:http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_mast ... ndex.shtml

but only in Dutch ...
No problem with Dutch thanks! lol! :)

More seriously glad they want to lay the new connection at the same time as the train link. Should mean less disruption for everyone! What about the AE40 shouldn't they build a better access to it as well? At the moment You need to cross Zaventem village to reach it am I correct?

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

you need to go via the Ring as well. Or you could go of earlier and indeed go via Zaventem city but i dont think many people do that. The problem here will be that the distance between the E40 and the A201 is much bigger then between A201 and E19.
Matthias Thoen

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Not cross because at that place you are behind the 25R. It's in the direction of the new ringway and the new parkingplace for airport staff.
Last summer they have worked a lot to level up the field over there. After that, a geometer worked on his own a whole week to took up the whole region. That's why I think there will come something.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

ok i thought this was a little bit more east.

2 things:

* there is already a little road there (Nieuwe Zaventemsesteenweg). Will it be moved or just abandonned?

* Also, wont it be too close to the treshold of 07L? Cause when you are driving on the ring some planes come over already quite low! So move this up a little bit closer to 07L and many more planes will come even lower.
Matthias Thoen

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I've seen it in the newspaper a few months ago.
It had an exit on the E19, then went next to the Ring, and joined the expressway to the airport (if I can remember correctly)
I doubt it would link to the existing road at the Sabena/Sobelair building, since it is a very smal road not suited for a lot of trafic...

744rules

Post by 744rules »

If memory serves well, there were plans to connect Antwerp to the airport via train. That was when the track would follow the E19 path and then deviate towards the airport between Weerde and Vilvoorde. This would mean that the road would cut through some "green" area and Agalev was contra.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Nobody wants Agalev and a little correction it's Groen!. All the coalitions would get rid of Groen! so no problem with that.

They are going to build the new railway in the green bedding in the middle of the E19. That's why they search a new place to plant the trees who are going lost. They are going to start with this project at the end of August of this year.
Last edited by Atlantis on 31 Jan 2006, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

In the VTM news they said that there also are plans to build a new highway from the E40 directly to the airport. Those new roads to the airport will reduce the traffic on the Brussels ring.

Also on the news was that they are going to build a biiiiiiiig new bridge in Antwerp over the docks. It is called 'The Zwabber' a big double deck toll bridge that is going to be ready in 2010. Let's see how it goes...

They also said that those works in Belgium will be the biggest one's in 30 years. Something to look at 8)

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Atlantis wrote:Nobody wants Agalev and a little correction it's Groen!. All the coalitions would get rid of Groen! so no problem with that.

They are going to build the new railway in the green bedding in the middle of the E19. That's why they search a new place to plant the threes who are going lost. They are going to start with this project at the end of August of this year.
I know it's Groen!, but I mentioned Agalev, because that was the name at that time.