Most popular routes out of BRU

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

brieky

Most popular routes out of BRU

Post by brieky »

Hello :D

What is your opinion about the most popular route(s) out of BRU?

Greetz Brieky

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Madrid , Barcelona , Frankfurt , Londen ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

brieky

Post by brieky »

yes for the european market i think also

but for the intercontinental market?

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

American routes for sure! Allmost every 767 of UA,CO,AA and DL are full. Flew to New York this winter and loadfactor was (again) 100%.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Most popular destinations in 2004 in terms of passengers:

a) Intra-European destinations
1. London
2. Madrid
3. Rome
4. Barcelona
5. Frankfurt
6. Milan
7. Copenhagen
8. Lisbon
9. Vienna
10. Malaga

b) Overseas destinations:
1. New York
2. Hurghada
3. Monastir
4. Casablanca
5. Chicago
6. Djerba
7. San Francisco
8. Tel Aviv
9. Kinshasa
10. Sharm El Sheik

Source: BRUTRENDS04 (Biac)

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

San Fransisco????
And What about Washington, Atlanta ?
I wouild have thought also about Jo'burg and Montreal

brieky

Post by brieky »

there is no JNB route out of Bru!

i expected to see much more american destinations in the list!

greetz Brieky

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Is there a SanFransisco non stop route out of BRU ?

brieky

Post by brieky »

hello

but in europe London is number 1 :arrow: i heard the loadfactor from the BRU-londen isn't 100%

greetz Brieky

brieky

Post by brieky »

the route Bru-San Fransisco is verry popular! Why not a direct flight? That will atract much more people!

greetz

brieky

Post by brieky »

I don't play the airline manager i just give my opinion! :x

greetz brieky

GAJAH

MOST POPULAR ROUTES EX BRU

Post by GAJAH »

Guys,

It would be a bit naive to think that because SFO is a popular destination ex BRU, it would be also profitable.
Fares to the USA are extremly cheap, because of high competition, so..stop dreaming about a direct link between BRU and SFO.
It's not because a plane is full that you make money in this business, other routes ex BRU with less loadfactor are much more profitable,...
Anyway, it would be nice to have a direct link but i guess this is wishfull thinking...no Belgian carrier ever will fly from BRU to the USA, unless they wanna commit suicide...and the American carriers can easily link SFO via WAS or ORD, or JFK.DITTO for any direct links to the Far East,as competition with FRA,AMS and CDG is too big, and the Belgian market too small......too bad but the truth.....

Jense

Post by Jense »

BRU-IAD-SFO is mentioned as one flightnumber, yes, but there's a plane change in IAD (B763 into A319). So you can't call it a "direct link".

Further on, wich destinations did you expect for the USA? Except for ATL (I'm also surprised as I thought many would take DL to ATL for a connecting flight at DL's hub), all of the USA-destinations are in the list.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jense wrote:BRU-IAD-SFO is mentioned as one flightnumber, yes, but there's a plane change in IAD (B763 into A319). So you can't call it a "direct link".
There is indeed a plane change at IAD, and you have to clear customs and immigration at IAD, but it is a 763 on both legs.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn26567 wrote:
Jense wrote:BRU-IAD-SFO is mentioned as one flightnumber, yes, but there's a plane change in IAD (B763 into A319). So you can't call it a "direct link".
There is indeed a plane change at IAD, and you have to clear customs and immigration at IAD, but it is a 763 on both legs.
Yes indeed I was wrong I see. Did it changed recently? Because I remember that route was often served with A319 previous months.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

brieky wrote:I don't play the airline manager i just give my opinion! :x

greetz brieky
And how right you are to give your opinion !!
It is always welcome on this forum ...
And I am sure true airline managers will not mind luchtzakers to express their own ideas regarding any airlines topics :)
@ jan_olieslagers
if the idea is really bright, and you can prove it, you might well raise the required funds and start your own airline to operate the route.
Yoo I agree however finding the money might not be a piece of cake :wink:
@GAJAH
no Belgian carrier ever will fly from BRU to the USA, unless they wanna commit suicide...
DITTO for any direct links to the Far East,as competition with FRA,AMS and CDG is too big, and the Belgian market too small.....
Beware of such statements ... You know the market is there at BRU (more than plenty to grab around) sole problem is the competition around. But what is business about unless effectively marketing a product among the fiercest competition?
Actually many North-Atlantic routes are being started and new products or concepts being tested from all around , big and small places around BRU ...EXCEPT from BRU itself (or far too few of them). Since the market demand for this traffic is increasing (as for most intercontinental destinations) and most analysts believing that big profits can be more confidently expected there, we should ask ourselves why is it that Brussels airport is not following the same expanding curve on those routes?
The response that comes natural to me is because there lacks a local operator willing to effectively market those routes...Sabena is dead and DAT will stay DAT. Unfortunately there is no extreme challenge nor reward expected in our gloomy plain at present.. :(
But I am still hoping to see things change ...

airmemphis

Post by airmemphis »

I am very surprised that Hurghada is the second most popular overseas destination (second to JFK). Great news!

Also Sharm El Sheikh is up there. I'm surprised Luxor isn't there though.

Any figures for 2005 or projected figures for 2006?