Alitalia cancels 121 flights today!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

KLM671

Alitalia cancels 121 flights today!

Post by KLM671 »

Alitalia has cancelled 121 today because of their syndicates. Alitalia remembers to all passengers that tomorrow there are going to be around 250 cancelled flights and many delays.

This is very sad :( , the airline is really destroyng herself!

Regards
KLM671 :wave:

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

the link does not say very much, they simply say that it is because of the syndicates, here is the link (sorry, found it only in italian): http://notizie.msn.it/msn/notizie/itali ... 43514.html

Regards

regi

Post by regi »

All those passengers should be lucky. Imagine they would have flown on a Alitalia flight. It would have endangered them to get a food poisoning, damaged luggage and disappearance out of booking systems. (the things that happened to me on 1 return flight with this Disgrace of Italy)

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

This is not the thing to do for an airline in such situation... At this moment I'm booking a flight to Malta. I have two choises:r a cheap one with Alitalia or a more expensive one with SN/KM. I prefer going for the second one and being sure to arrive the day as planned..

regi

Post by regi »

correction : you don't have a choice for flying, just for booking.
Booking with SN costs you more, but will get you there.
Booking with Alitalia costs less, but who knows where you will end?

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

I do not know why, but every flight i had with Alitalia (15-20 every year) has been good, the food was tasty and very good and crews where great and helpfull, maybe i should consider myself lucky?

Regards

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

KLM671 wrote:I do not know why, but every flight i had with Alitalia (15-20 every year) has been good, the food was tasty and very good and crews where great and helpfull, maybe i should consider myself lucky?
If you had a constant (repetitive) positive experience it can be both good luck and/or structural good product.

If you had a negative on the only one, that's bad luck.

BTW, if you don't know how to find Regi, just post an Alitalia thread :lol:

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

Alitalia is breaking the image of Italy.
Although I am half-italian I recommend you to pay a little more...or a little less!!
Have you already considered travelling directly to Malta wit Air Malta?
You can have a two-way ticket for about 196 euros!!
With SN you will pay at least 272 Euros and with Alitalia at least 240 euros.
For 50 euros less you get a direct flight!!
just check it out on www.airmalta.com
And one more thing: Never fly Alitalia!

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

Rayman wrote: BTW, if you don't know how to find Regi, just post an Alitalia thread :lol:
I noticed that! :lol:

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:Alitalia is breaking the image of Italy.
I absolutely agree, even if i had nice flights with them, i see that many people did not. I am very scared for the upcoming Olympic Games in Italy, because i think that if they wont give a relatively good service to all the people who is going to fly with them, the entire world will know that it is a bad airline! :(

Regards

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

I got more news: http://www.tg5.mediaset.it/economia/art ... o370.shtml
unfortunately it is just in italian, but what the article says, is that some of the workers are blocking the access to the maintenance workers, so planes are not receiving normal maintenance and are going to sit on the ground until the maintenance will be done on them, the actual number of planes sitting on the ground right now is 55.

Regards

A318

Post by A318 »

How to kill your struggling airline?
Ask Alitalia staff!
Just unbelievable, I am glad KLM broke the contract years ago since this would have cost them their good name.
A Whole Different Animal

regi

Post by regi »

In the days of Stalin, there were no strikes with Aeroflot.

earthman

Post by earthman »

Yes and in the days of Mussolini, Italian trains ran on time. Italy hasn't been quite the same since he's gone...

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:Have you already considered travelling directly to Malta wit Air Malta?
You can have a two-way ticket for about 196 euros!!
With SN you will pay at least 272 Euros and with Alitalia at least 240 euros.
For 50 euros less you get a direct flight!!
The flight booked with KM is 262 euro, SN (in codeshare with KM, on a the same KM plane) 258 euro and Alitalia little over 200 for the days I'll fly. And to be honest, the times I flew Alitalie the food was horrible: just a small snack out of a cardboard box. Long live SN!

KLM671

Post by KLM671 »

Lyulka wrote:And to be honest, the times I flew Alitalie the food was horrible: just a small snack out of a cardboard box. Long live SN!
Like KLM breakfast coming from USA/Canada to AMS!

Regards

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

A318 wrote:I am glad KLM broke the contract years ago since this would have cost them their good name.
But it costed KL €200mln fine :lol:

However, if the merge went through in the dispute, considering the market capitalization at that time (AZ 65, KL 35) KL could have also risked to lose governance instead of the planned 50/50. That's why it was broken.
I cannot say KL is better off now in terms of governance.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

KLM has a good name you say?
Well, I m sorry but on long-haul flights to Tokyo Narita, I did not see anything of that at all. It was like flying in a ventilated box.
The noise of the b747 engines was so loud I could not speak to the person next to me without having to shout. Food was ugly and looked like a diet meal. The seats were so tight!!!
Stewardesses were friendly but over the 40 years. After a few hours you could see their thick make-up melting down :-)
And this was not only once. (About 4 times, the same pattern).
People taking ANA seem to be twice as happy as there is a pick-up service by bus at home.
And ANA sometimes has better fares than KLM.

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Surely a 744 will have the same amount of noise whatever the airline?

A318

Post by A318 »

vc-10 wrote:Surely a 744 will have the same amount of noise whatever the airline?

Exactly, stewardess is older then 40 so what!?
I don't care about their age, I care about their skills and a lot of times the older stewardesses are a lot better then the young ones.
Besides all that I flew with the 747-400 from AMS to PEK and all I can say it was a very nice flight, good food and a very comfortable seat (economy).
Sometimes I get the feeling people complain about everything they can think about.
Do you really want to have a bad experience?
Fly Iberia transatlantic and then we talk again!
A Whole Different Animal