Topic General Aviation

Zone pour tous les messages en Français (Seulement si vous ne pratiquez pas l'Anglais) - De plaats voor alle Nederlandstalige berichten (Enkel als U de Engelse taal niet machtig bent) - Forum für alle Deutschsprachigen Beiträge (Nur im Falle Sie Englisch Nicht Beherschen)

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Topic General Aviation

Post by A318 »

Misschien handig om een General Aviation te starten zodat alle gerelateerde zaken die niet in een van de andere topics geplaatst kunnen worden hier een plaatsje weten te vinden.
Ik denk dan aan vragen over sollicitaties, maatschappijen, contacten etc.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ground_crew, please write in English, except in the section devoted to French/Dutch messages.

I do not think a General Aviation topic is needed. There is already a section on Aviation News, where such topics can be discussed.
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Aviation news etc

Post by A318 »

Which section do you think you are in??? 8)
Anyway I still think there is a big difference between aviation news and general aviation imo. Since I am only sharing my ideas it is not a must ofcourse. I can imagine that people with questions about any company regarding jobs, way to apply, inside info and more of those things, will not put those questions in the aviation news section.
A Whole Different Animal

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

André,

indeed he is in the correct forum ;-)

Ground_crew,

can you be more precise what kind of forum you would like to see ? Maybe we can do something! A nice description would be great!

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Guys, the post is in the correct forum NOW, after I moved it this morning ;) 8)

So André was correct...

KLM: can you be a bit more precise please?

Currently we have 2 actif aviation boards, it is better I think to keep everything in those 2, in order not to make things too complicated.

If you start a topic which is related to planespotting, post it in the planespotting-forum. All the other aviation news is for the other forum.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Guys, the post is in the correct forum NOW, after I moved it this morning ;) 8)

So André was correct...

KLM: can you be a bit more precise please?

Currently we have 2 actif aviation boards, it is better I think to keep everything in those 2, in order not to make things too complicated.

If you start a topic which is related to planespotting, post it in the planespotting-forum. All the other aviation news is for the other forum.

Regards
Frederic
Did i sleep then when i posted??? Probably :)! Well what i ment with general aviation is a section which has nothing to do with aviation news. I think more about questions which has to do with all other aviation related cases. For example my question about specific contract deals inside SNBA. Other things you can think about is how/where to apply with an airline, email addresses, job openings for people that are searching for a job etc. Also questions about airlines to people that work there, working environment, schedules and all more you can think about. Tips, destinations, sales, meetings, fares, shows are also welcome in this section. People have to look around on a lot of sites and it would be very nice to have it all on one forum. Just an idea like i said no must. Sorry i write in english in this french/dutch section :wink:
A Whole Different Animal

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

If you guys are going to do a general aviation form I think it should be about what the name is general aviation. Like about Cessnas and Pipers. Personally I think that is a neater idea.
Onward and Upward...

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hello KLM,

I understand where you are coming from, and actually, it's a nice idea.

Today, if you want to ask something about a Boeing for example, this topic doesn't belong to planespotting and latest news.

My suggestion: keep planespotting and make, instead of latest news, 1 general aviation forum in which you can put everything?

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:My suggestion: keep planespotting and make, instead of latest news, 1 general aviation forum in which you can put everything?
Yes, perhaps, but don't call it General Aviation. As nwa757 wrote it, this term usually refers to smaller business jets or private planes.

For my part, I prefer to keep the "Latest Aviation News" as it is. The kind of topic Ground_crew is referring to can be discussed in the Pub around a pint of beer ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

I totally agree with André

Chris :wink:

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:The kind of topic Ground_crew is referring to can be discussed in the Pub around a pint of beer ;-)
Then the subscription from the Luchtzak pub has to be changed because now it says the following:
This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation-discussions So that means no aviation talks in here ;)
imo the general aviation is still the best solution, once again i can not place those kind of questions in plane spotting and it is also not aviation news. But democrate is my middle name, I will visit the pub if I have some of these kind of questions.
A Whole Different Animal

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Ground_crew,

I have opened a new forum:

https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name ... forum&f=14

It's the general aviation forum! Use it on your discretion ;-)

ciao,

Bart

A318

Post by A318 »

luchtzak wrote:Ground_crew,

I have opened a new forum:

It's the general aviation forum! Use it on your discretion ;-)

ciao,

Bart
Bart

Thank you so much for opening this section, now things are totaly clear and I and others know where to post now with other things related to the aviation industry. Thanks again!
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:I have opened a new forum:

It's the general aviation forum!
Bart, the idea might be excellent, but I still believe the name is not well chosen. General Aviation refers to small aircraft used for private business.

I suggest to change the name to "Miscellaneous aviation topics".

Best regards,
André
ex Sabena #26567