KLM reactie op berichtgeving pianiste KLM Inflight Entertainment systeem

Zone pour tous les messages en Français (Seulement si vous ne pratiquez pas l'Anglais) - De plaats voor alle Nederlandstalige berichten (Enkel als U de Engelse taal niet machtig bent) - Forum für alle Deutschsprachigen Beiträge (Nur im Falle Sie Englisch Nicht Beherschen)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

KLM reactie op berichtgeving pianiste KLM Inflight Entertainment systeem

Post by sn26567 »

KLM heeft klachten van passagiers ontvangen over de pianiste Valentina Lisitsa in het programma van het Inflight Entertainment Systeem.

KLM wil dat alle passagiers zich welkom voelen aan boord en een prettige vlucht hebben. In sommige gevallen krijgt KLM het verzoek van haar passagiers om zaken in haar product aan te passen omdat zij ze als gevoelig, onduidelijk of onjuist ervaren. Daarom heeft KLM besloten de opnames van desbetreffende pianiste uit het Inflight Entertainment Systeem te verwijderen.

Amstelveen,28 augustus 2015

Rare and strange reaction indeed. Valentina Lisitsa is a Ukrainian-American classical pianist born in Kiev who resides in North Carolina. Lisitsa independently launched the beginnings of her career via social media, without initially signing to a tour promoter or record company.

Lisitsa has received criticism for her staunch opposition to the Ukrainian government and support to pro-Russian separatists since the 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine and the ensuing armed conflict.

I guess this is the reason for removing her from the KLM IFE...
André
ex Sabena #26567

galaxy

Re: KLM reactie op berichtgeving pianiste KLM Inflight Entertainment systeem

Post by galaxy »

This year Ms. Lisitsa contract and concerts were cancelled by the Toronto Symphony Orchestra because of her heinous tweets where she calls Ukrainians “dog shit”, “pigs”, “nazi” and celebrates terrorists responsible for taking down MH17‬ and killing close to 300 people on board including nearly 200 Dutch citizens

See more at: http://slippedisc.com/2015/08/just-in-v ... CedXy.dpuf

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

There are reactions in Russia: a "Boycott KLM" campaign, with remarks like "so if I tweet I'm pro-Russian, do I get banned by KLM?".

And it's also worth reading what @ValLisitsa writes on her Twitter account about KLM, like "I wonder if KLM can enlighten the customers on the investigation into their assistance to fleeing Nazis"...
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

Yet another example why airlines should steer away from politics... If the presence of that artist on their inflight entertainment system bothers them so much, they could have replaced those entries next time they review the contents of that system... I assume that happens periodically? No need for their bombastic statement...