New Scenery Designer in the FS world

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
jessy

New Scenery Designer in the FS world

Post by jessy »

Hi all,

with this topic I'd like to introduce the newest Scenery Design Company in Flight Simulation, named World Scenery Design projects, WSDprojects in short. WSDprojects is a young company designing several airports in the world trying to get the lowest framerate impact as possible while using a lot of details in the textures and buildings. Currently we are working on EBBR - Brussels Airport. As this is our first project we are going to release it as freeware and we are going to try to get the best out of it. We also have a temporary webstire which I made with my best knowledge about webdesign on www.wsdprojects.tk (for those who cannot enter the page due to security reasons: http://users.telenet.be/jessy.stas/WSD%20site), as said before this is a temporary site and out webmaster is already designing a new one. At this early stage we are trying to release the best quality we can get out of this scenery.
And since this is our first project we'd like to hear from the community thinks because, a scenery can only be made at it's best when the community tells us what should be changed and what they want in the scenery.

EBBR - Brussels Airport features:
* Comptability: FS2004 (FSx: we are not sure yet, depends on the requests for FSx)
* Moving jetways
* Visual Guidance Docking Systems
* Animated radars
(* maybe moving vehicules on the airport)

Comments welcome Wink .

The WSDprojects Team
Schubert Gunther - BETA tester and Webmaster
Billen Steven - BETA tester and Co-founder
Stas Jessy - Founder and Designer
Jessy Stas
Assistant Director - Belgium
Special Operations Assistant Coordinator - Belgium

International Virtual Aviation Organisation
http://ivao.aero | http://ivao.be

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

previews already look good, I really wish you good luck whit your new venture and I hope you'll manage to produce loads of detailed airports for use in FS.

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

Very Nice ! Good work !

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Interesting to see a new company, and i whish you all the luck. But wasnt someone else already designing a new EBBR? Or has this project been cancelled?
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

Yes the project has been canseled the site of the product

http://www.bsprojects.be/nl/index.htm

But the site is off-line

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Nice! Good luck with your venture! :D
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

Skyfighter

Post by Skyfighter »

I'm just wondering...

This is the 3th time i see a new EBBR scenery upcomming.
That payware one,another from Robert Buysen and now this one.I like the way of interesse but I think It will be a little foolish to make 3 Scenerys of the same airport.

Maybe someone can make a surround area,fences at 25L,that soundwall,
a visible railroad on the 02,.....these are the things that will do it now i think.

Just an idea :wink: but keep on working,I hope one of these 3 get released soone.

greets

jessy

Post by jessy »

Skyfighter wrote:I'm just wondering...

This is the 3th time i see a new EBBR scenery upcomming.
That payware one,another from Robert Buysen and now this one.I like the way of interesse but I think It will be a little foolish to make 3 Scenerys of the same airport.

Maybe someone can make a surround area,fences at 25L,that soundwall,
a visible railroad on the 02,.....these are the things that will do it now i think.

Just an idea :wink: but keep on working,I hope one of these 3 get released soone.

greets
Hi, the EBBR 2005 scenery is aborted, Robert Buysens scenery (srry for my language) s*cks, why? because these reasons:
1. Runways not on correct place, wrong heading, wrong length
2. taxiways not on correct position
3. mising gates and gates too much to the south
4. ...

In the EBBR scenery I'm currently making I get comments and suggestions from a guy working at EBBR, when he sees something that's wrong he tells me, I'm also having contact with the designer from EBBR 2005 and he's giving me advise as well. So currently my scenery has all gates, taxiways, runways, buildings, ... on the right place. Maybe we're also addign a photorealground, fences, the "spotterswall" (soundwall), maybe costum approach lights, ...

This scenery will not be at it's best quelity on the buildings but on the ground. I had some requests from IVAO BE staff members to make a detailed ground so pilots can find their way without charts.

If anyone is interrested with provinf high resolution and high quality photos just contact me on [email protected] . As I'm putting most details in the ground I don't have much time myself to search "perfect" pictures for th buildings (most wanted pictures: night pictures, DHL buildings, GA buildings, and everything on the North side as there aren't much pictures of these.)
Jessy Stas

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

sn690 wrote:Is there a payware scenery for EBBR ??
Nice job, looks promising :)

Kind regards,
Ewout :wink:
Read this post properly and maybe you'll understand that there is none at the moment!

Jessy keep up the good work good luck with it your work will be greatly appreciated by the Belgian flightsim community when your scenery is complete!

stroman

Post by stroman »

sn690 wrote:Is there a payware scenery for EBBR ??
Nice job, looks promising :)

Kind regards,
Ewout :wink:
Check out http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=15

And http://www.dreamfactorystudio.eu/

grtz,

stroman :wink:

ps: Jessy, good luck with your version of EBBR, the screenies look very promising!

yabu

Post by yabu »

Hi, the EBBR 2005 scenery is aborted, Robert Buysens scenery (srry for my language) s*cks, why? because these reasons:
4. ...
If your saying this based on the website he made with a few old screens then you should think twice cause im helping robert with his scenery and your totally wrong.
1. Runways are correct
2. Taxiways also
3. Its not finished as is yours
4. His A-terminal is a beauty
5. ...

I wish you good luck with your version but its not fair to say that robert's version sucks when its far from finished.

Greetz

jessy

Post by jessy »

yabu wrote:
4. ...
If your saying this based on the website he made with a few old screens then you should think twice cause im helping robert with his scenery and your totally wrong.
1. Runways are correct
2. Taxiways also
3. Its not finished as is yours
4. His A-terminal is a beauty
5. ...

I wish you good luck with your version but its not fair to say that robert's version sucks when its far from finished.

Greetz
I know the guy who as working on EBBR 2005 very well, I once met a beta tester on IVAO while Iw as doing followme car at EBBR, the pilot told me that I wouldn't be able to give him followme service because he had the beta of EBBR 2005 so I followed him, the first thing I noticed that his was parked on the S taxiway in Roberts scenery, when he got taxi clreance from EBBR_TWR to taxi via S he taxied on R4 in roberts scenery, he was informed to use B3 holding point and on roberts scenery he was between B1 and B3 in the GRASS. The B3 issue can eb clearly seen on any airpicture of EBBR, it's not direct linked to B1, B3 is the end of INNER 7. And I can assure you my version is fully correct, all my parking positions, taxiways etc are placed using Belgian AIP charts (and yes they are up to date). I'm also implementing a photoreal ground to be sure everything is placed correctly.
Another prove that Roberts scenery is not fully correct, let an aircraft taxi arround EBBR in FS2004 and another plane following the same taxiways but in FSx, the FS2004 version is way of the FSx version and Roberts scenery i even more way off than FSx, so the airport layout is not fully correct. About everything has moved northwards (except the runways, they ware kind of in the correct place but with a wrond heading, wrong dimensions, ...)

And if you are currently helping Robert with an EBBR scenery I need to ask you which one?
Robert was also a team meber of EBBR 2005 if I remember correctly and that project is abandonned with all sourcefiles at the founder, Thomas.

Now who has to tell who to think twice?
And I have a few people already flying with my scenery (the beta progress is further than the screenshots let see) and if they had the chance to chose between mine or roberts, they'd chose mine for the follwing reasons:
1. les FPS impact
2. taxiway layout correct accoring Belgian AIP, same for taxiways, runways
3. Buildings look more realistic, textures are photoreal

EDIT: I said that all bacause I used the scenery myself and I missed gates, I couldn't use the INS correctly due to the wrong parking stand Coordinates with would occur in wrong allignment, ...
Jessy Stas

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

jessy wrote: 3. Buildings look more realistic, textures are photoreal
I find the textures and buildings of EBBR2005 absolutely fantastic and have extremely detailed photoreal textures. The A-pier even has a detailed interior. I hate to say it but their buildings actually look more realistic then yours. Sorry. :(

I'm also pretty sure that his taxiways are correct...

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

No need to slag off what has been done before we all agree that Robert Buysen's airport was fantastic for us mostly Belgian simmers that didn't want to rely on the default FS2002/FS2004!

Point is now it is a bit past its time it needs remodelling it needs to be refined and improved so that for example BRU will now be located at its exact position!

So Jessy keep on the good work and let's stop these childish little fights what we all expect is an amazing new scenery and we hope Jessy will be able to provide us just that!

jessy

Post by jessy »

fokker_f27 wrote:
jessy wrote: 3. Buildings look more realistic, textures are photoreal
I find the textures and buildings of EBBR2005 absolutely fantastic and have extremely detailed photoreal textures. The A-pier even has a detailed interior. I hate to say it but their buildings actually look more realistic then yours. Sorry. :(

I'm also pretty sure that his taxiways are correct...
yeah i know, I'm currently waiting on a team member to drop of the brussels airport photbook, i'll be recreating my textures with those photos as reference. The detailed interior: sicne there are some limitations to that i'm not going to include it (clouds will still look like the are being seen true the cockpit window :( , and the goal is framerate friendly :P , i can assure you that detaled interrior isn't FPS friendly :wink: .
Jessy Stas

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

You could make a "detailed" and a "lite" version. :)

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

Hi All,

It has been a long time since the FS world has heard something from the BSProjects Team (and of the EBBR2005 scenery). I just came across this topic and I have to say that people should have more respect for other scenery designers.

In my opinion it is very rude and disrespectfull to say that Robert's scenery 's*cks'. You should have more respect for the effort that Robert has put in his scenery. And also don't forget that Robert's scenery was originally made for FS2000 and upgraded up to FS2004. At the time of FS2000 you didn't have that much information about airports, like charts, areal photos, pictures. So with the information that was available that time, Robert did a fantastic job. And I think that 90% of the Belgian Flight Simmers use his scenery in FS2004, so it isn't that bad after all, isn't it?

The only reasons why a new scenery should be made is
1. It is out of date. (Textures still in old formats,A-Pier not correct,...)
2. It doesn't use much advantages of the new Graphics and Scenery engine of the latest FS version. (Gmax objects, Animations, ....)

That is also why I started to create a new scenery. Few months after I started, I contacted Robert to join me in the project and he did join us. He made an updated version of the Melsbroek part (Military aprons). And he did a fantastic job on that. So it all depends on the information and knowlegde that is available. Nowadays you have a lot of pictures available on Airliners.Net, high resolution areal photos of Google Earth, all the latest AIP charts,... So now it is easier to create a scenery.

It is also true that Robert is creating a new EBBR scenery. He is using some models and some textures of the EBBR2005 project. You can see some new screenshots on http://users.skynet.be/robert.buysen/FSDesign.htm . And I'm sorry to say that his buildings

The reason why I stopped the project is because my private situation changed. At the time I started creating the scenery, I was still a student, so a lot of spare time to design a scenery. In July 2005 I started working for a software company, and by that I was running out of spare time. Some time later, I had the chance of travelling a lot for my job, which takes even more of your spare time,...

Anyway I still have all the models and textures of the project. Maybe sometime...

Regards,
Thomas
Last edited by tommeke84 on 22 Mar 2007, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

this is becoming an interesting threat... :wink:

jessy

Post by jessy »

fokker_f27 wrote:You could make a "detailed" and a "lite" version. :)
I could.
But some staffmembers from IVAO BE asked me to put more work in the ground so you can find your way arround the airport without charts.
And the goal of WSD is FPS friendly sceneries as stated on teh website :wink:
Last edited by jessy on 23 Mar 2007, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Jessy Stas

yabu

Post by yabu »

Well its obvious that the payware one of Dream Factory Studio is gonna be a beauty, i have the Geneva one and my god it is gorgious. The preview pics also look excellent.

And for the freeware one, well shouldn't it be for the best that all the people who are making one work together? As an example Roberts A-terminal is very nice and jessy's groundtextures are very nice, isn't there a way all you guys could work together and maybe use some of Thomas's (old) work and make one freeware EBBR version with all the best parts by everyone?

Just an idea