VG/Delsey Virtual Airlines Poll

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...

As a flightsimmer, which name would you prefer ? (based on the ex-real airliner)

Poll ended at 02 Mar 2006, 11:21

Total votes: 0

DAT202D

VG/Delsey Virtual Airlines Poll

Post by DAT202D »

Hello fellow flightsimmers..

It's been a long time since I've been thinking about starting a virtual organisation but yesterday when I flew the VG Airlines A332 i felt really good when flying this bird..

I think everyone remembers the beautifull black scheme of this Belgian Ex-Airliner...

Therefor I'm working on a completely new VA trying to simulate the real VG/Delsey Airlines as real as it gets ;)

So.. as you all can see, there has been a poll where I as you to give me your opinion about this new idea. Feel free to post any comments.

Website soon available !

VG Airlines : http://www.al-airliners.be/t-z/vg/iva.330.jpg

Delsey Airlines : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0363235/L/

Kind regards
DAT202D

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

This airline operated only to 5 destinations. Not sure if anyone would join a VA with only so few destinations to choose from.

Yerevan - Brussels - LAX and Brussels - New York - Boston

Good luck though!

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

AFApresident wrote:This airline operated only to 5 destinations. Not sure if anyone would join a VA with only so few destinations to choose from.

Yerevan - Brussels - LAX and Brussels - New York - Boston

Good luck though!
I agree with you there, but this doesn't mean we can't expand our destinations! Agree, the airline had only 5 destinations when it flew in Belgium, but it is still alive in our hearts and minds. Sabena isn't alive anymore too but still many pilots fly it on IVAO.

I'm currently investigating the market wheretoo we can fly... Possibly the booming market in India and China will have something to do with it.

Again, I want to make it as real as possible and we're not going to fly to any useless or impossible destinations with impossible aircrafts. But a certain imagination on how the airline structure would be now isn't bad, right?

Kind regards
DAT202D

brieky

Post by brieky »

looks great!
maybe some smaller aircrafts for european destinations and feeder flights?

Maybe destinations in the Middle East and Asia.

DXB
AUH
SIN
PEK
HKG
DEL
BOM

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Delsey reminds me of the luggage brand!

Emirates

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

It would be nice if VG airlines would be in the virtual skies, their paint was the best!

However, if you'd start with the VA, don't think already of expanding. First make sure you have a nice website which looks professional etc.

Expanding is nice, but you don't have to exaggerate like some other VA's (which I'll not mention by name) do.
Tot hier en verder

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

brieky wrote:looks great!
maybe some smaller aircrafts for european destinations and feeder flights?

Maybe destinations in the Middle East and Asia.

DXB
AUH
SIN
PEK
HKG
DEL
BOM
Yes indeed we are currently investigating these options. But as I said before. We are trying to be highly professional and are not going to make any fast conclusions.

But for now the following destinations are confirmed:

KLAX (LA)
KBOS (Boston)
KJFK (JFK)
EBBR (Brussels)
EGLL (Heathrow)
VTBD (Bangkok) NEW
VABB (Bombay) NEW
ZBAA (Beijing) NEW

We are operating the following aircrafts at the moment:

OO-SFQ Airbus 330-223
OO-SFR Airbus 330-223
OO-SFS Airbus 330-223
OO-SFA Boeing 747-409 NEW
OO-SFC Boeing 747-409 NEW

The new dreamliner B744's will be used on the routes to Bangkok, Beijing and Bombay

Ofcourse we are going to launch our European routenet soon, but this is still ongoing as we don't want to lose the reality rate of this VA.

Kind regards
DAT202D

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Airbus_fan wrote:It would be nice if VG airlines would be in the virtual skies, their paint was the best!

However, if you'd start with the VA, don't think already of expanding. First make sure you have a nice website which looks professional etc.

Expanding is nice, but you don't have to exaggerate like some other VA's (which I'll not mention by name) do.
That's exactly what I mean ! The website will take some time but will be of high quality.

Don't worry we aren't going to exagurate, but we have to update the airline abit like if it was used today.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Nice to hear, I was just wondering why will you use a B747? You already have a fleet of 3 A330's so I find it quite weird (just my view, don't want to be critical or so)
Tot hier en verder

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Airbus_fan wrote:Nice to hear, I was just wondering why will you use a B747? You already have a fleet of 3 A330's so I find it quite weird (just my view, don't want to be critical or so)
You are absolutely right, but considering the fact that we have flights from Brussels to Boston, JFK, Los Angeles, Heathrow.. we might not have enough aircrafts available to perform flight to Asia. Therefor 2 B744's might do the trick.

Also a small request, if any of you guys might have an old timetable from VG Airlines, that would be greatly appreciated. The last flight was in November 2002 so i'm unable to find a timetable on the net..

brieky

Post by brieky »

maybe A340's? they are perfect for that flights!
and they would look great in VG Airline colors :wink:

greetz brieky

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

DAT202D wrote:
Airbus_fan wrote:Nice to hear, I was just wondering why will you use a B747? You already have a fleet of 3 A330's so I find it quite weird (just my view, don't want to be critical or so)
You are absolutely right, but considering the fact that we have flights from Brussels to Boston, JFK, Los Angeles, Heathrow.. we might not have enough aircrafts available to perform flight to Asia. Therefor 2 B744's might do the trick.

Also a small request, if any of you guys might have an old timetable from VG Airlines, that would be greatly appreciated. The last flight was in November 2002 so i'm unable to find a timetable on the net..
I might know someone who has got a timetable. I'll leave you a message as soon as I see him
Tot hier en verder

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

brieky wrote:maybe A340's? they are perfect for that flights!
and they would look great in VG Airline colors :wink:

greetz brieky
Yeah we have been considering the A340 indeed, but the B744 can carry more passengers then the A343. This is very important especially on high demand destinations like Bangkok and Bombay ! I know from real life situations, aircraft flying to Bangkok are almost always fully booked !

Anyway, we will see how the paint looks on the big mama..

@ Airbus_fan, great thanks !

brieky

Post by brieky »

but you are flying out bof BRU?
I'm not shure the flights are full on a 744!

greetz

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

There was already someone else making a VG airlines va...

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Great idea! I just loved the VGairlines livery!

I don't think the B747 will be a good idea though...
VG had problems filling their A332's (obviously), so I'd stick to the A332.
If you want to expand, how about A333?

Wasn't VG a carrier more aimed at the higher end of the market? Business passengers... (hence the somewhat weird destinations)
744 to BKK is for tourists, wich were not the main aim of VG.

For further expansion, I would go for the A319LR with an 'elite' concept, like airFrance. It's much more in line with VG's vision than the B744...

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Thanks for the idea's buzz ! We'll sure keep that in mind, but like I said, we are still considering all opportunities and don't want to end up as a VA that ends its activities 2 months later...

The choice of the 744 was mainly on the amount of pax that we would carry. The A343 is still an option but let's see what the deal will be on the next boardmeeting ;)

Anyway, the aim of VG was to replace the transatlantic routes after Sabena went bankrupt. So not only business, but leisure also !
Also keep in mind that VG Airlines flew on the VEX routes to Spain. VG and VEX had an agreement there..

@ SAB319, I've been flying for about 5 years now on IVAO and never encountered any virtual VG. I've been searching the market first before I've started this topic... results on google.... ZERO.
But thanks for the support anyway :roll:

Rubens

Post by Rubens »

DAT202D wrote:

"Wayback", the internet archive, is your friend:
http://web.archive.org/web/200212030952 ... id=146&l=1
http://web.archive.org/web/200302100410 ... id=141&l=1

The site can be quite unresponsive, so I copy it here:

NEW YORK:
Delsey Airlines is your partner for 5 flights a week to/from New York (JFK).
BOSTON:
We operate 5 flights between Brussels and Boston with an intermediate stop in New York (JFK)
LOS ANGELES:
To Los Angeles we offer 3 weekly, non stop flights every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
YEREVAN (Armenia):
Yerevan is part of our network with Brussels-Yerevan flights on every Monday and Saturday. The Yerevan-Brussels flights operate every Tuesday and Sunday.

Our flight schedule (in local times) to New York (JFK) is as follows:

Flight IV 001
Brussels (BRU) - New York (JFK)
* departure 11.30 hrs
* arrival 13.45 hrs at Terminal 3

Flight IV 002
New York (JFK) - Brussels (BRU)
* departure 19.30 hrs from Terminal 2
* arrival 09.30 hrs (the next day)

Our flight schedule (in local times) to Boston (BOS) with one stop in JFK is as follows :

Flight IV 001
Brussels (BRU) - Boston (BOS)
* departure 11.30 hrs
* arrival 16.45 hrs at Terminal E

Flight IV 002
Boston (BOS) - Brussels (BRU)
* departure 17.45 hrs from Terminal E
* arrival 09.30 hrs (the next day)

Our flight schedule (in local times) to Los Angeles (LAX) is as follows :
Flight IV005
Brussels (BRU) - Los Angeles(LAX)
*departure 12.05 hrs
*arrival 14.40 hrs at Terminal 5

Flight IV006
Los Angeles (LAX) - Brussels (BRU)
* departure 16.40 hrs from Terminal 5
* arrival 12.35 hrs (the next day)

Our flight schedule (in local times) to Yerevan (EVN) is as follows:
Flight IV007
Brussels (BRU) - Yerevan (EVN)
*departure 14.05 hrs
*arrival 21.15 hrs

Flight IV008
Yerevan (EVN) - Brussels (BRU)
* departure 08.55 hrs
* arrival 10.35 hrs

An older timetable (only New York and Boston)
http://web.archive.org/web/200206090758 ... id=146&l=1

Other links to explore:
http://web.archive.org/web/200212101139 ... /index.cfm
http://web.archive.org/web/200212030115 ... /index.cfm

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Excellent ! Thanks alot !

In the meantime we have our fulltime painter and i'm currently working on the website in php.

We have dropped the B744 idea and for the moment we have the

A332
A343

and possibly the A320 for short european destinations.

More info soon !!

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Dearest flightsim enthusiasts,

I would like to inform you all about the fact that we have officially registered the domain name for our virtual organisation.

In the near future you will be able to visit us at http://www.flyvg.org

I can also tell you that the website is coming in fast !

I wish I could give you all a slight preview but for the moment i'm at work so I will not be able to post a screenshot until tonight ;)

See you all then !

IV001
VG VA Director