FS X the next Flight simulator

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
stroman

Post by stroman »

[quote="jan_olieslagers]Thanks for disagreeing with me in a polite way![/quote]

As a frequent reader of flightsim-forums I have seen a lot of study-material on how NOT to make a discussion... :wink:

And perhaps you're right, an improved atc is one of the most recurring demands of the flightsim community, so they probably would have mentioned it.
Oh well, if atc was perfect, we wouldn't need ivao or vatsim and what would those guys do then :D ... Let me say with what I know now of the future FSX, I'm willing to pay max 45€.

grtz,

stroman :wink:

bits44

Post by bits44 »

There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

abishay

Post by abishay »

Someone said something about FSX sounding dumb or childish yes thats right it sounds a bit like a video game thing not a simulator or something big boys can play. But all the things people are saying in here are just not for the right time 8) but my question is instead of downloading Teamspeak(because it does not work in my comp :lol: ) will FSX have an automatic sound transferring to the ATC or other pilots online :?: second one is will the planes in FSX have an interior and more realist virtual cockpit like the PMDG :?: those are some features i am hungrily waiting for 8)

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

Probably a stupid question but what is Windows Vista?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Windows Vista is the newest Windows, and is available for 64 bit processors. But will also have brand new multimedia features (like 3D tabs etc)
Tot hier en verder

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

thanks. I only heard something of the new Windows Longhorn.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Airbus_fan wrote:Windows Vista is the newest Windows, and is available for 64 bit processors. But will also have brand new multimedia features (like 3D tabs etc)
Currently Vista is in beta-stage, release is scheduled in Q4 2006.

More info: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx

Sabena320 wrote:thanks. I only heard something of the new Windows Longhorn.
Longhorn is a codename used by MS for beta-versions, Windows 98 was called Windows Memphis when it was in Beta (Can be wrong, I have a manual somewhere around but too lazy to search it ;) )

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

Hah, windows vista... isn't that macosx anno 2001? 8)

Anyway, let's see how many virusscanners/anti spyware programs windows users will need now.. :roll:

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

DAT202D wrote:Hah, windows vista... isn't that macosx anno 2001? 8)

Anyway, let's see how many virusscanners/anti spyware programs windows users will need now.. :roll:
Stick to FS-X, before we have a apple vs microsoft vs linux flamewar ;)

twinsen

Post by twinsen »

bits44 wrote:The Official no Bullshit Facts

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main ... sx0104.htm
Looks great! Call me childish, but I like great grafix in FS, it only adds to the level of reality. If gfx weren't important, we'd still be flying with FS95 grafix.

Ok, there's more to FS than just great gfx, I must admit. I'd also like to see better ATC, but a lot of you people fly online, right? :)

I really love this line:
"We are adding a new mission-based element to give fans a more objective driven experience with a sense of progression and skill development."
8O