Jet Airways to BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Latest:

Jet Airways has announced that its decision to fly to the US is postponed for two weeks. :sad:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

No good news at all. Problems with the USA, or a national carriers of the US, before starting.

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

OrientThai wrote: If 9W gets those A345 they will be used to fly to other US gateways.
Wouldnt it make more sense to:

Fly India-EWR and India-BRU-Other USA City because EWR would probably be the better performing route and so could sustain a non stop flight. Other cities may need the BRU (to the US and India) passengers to make their flight profitable

SR89

Post by SR89 »

Okay, related to this topic, Canada and India inked a new bilateral agreement, which could involve 9W and/or BRU indirectly at some point.

Here are the main aspects:

Annex 1, section 1 note 4

5th freedom right for pax (...) shall be available only between points in India and three intermediate points in Europe to be named by Canada (including the UK) and one intermediate point in Asia (West of Asia), to be named by Canada

Annex 1, section 2 note 4

5th freedom right for pax (...) shall be available only between points in Canada and one intermediate point in Asia (West of Asia),
and three intermediate points in Europe
to be named by India (including the UK) and three beyond points in the USA

So, should a India-BRU-YUL flight be launched, the BRU-YUL-BRU segment might be open.

What do ya think about it? 8)

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Interesting development: both Travel Magazine and TourMag today publish a so called unconfirmed rumour that Bernard Guisset (key account manager UA Belgium and president www.visitusa.org) will become sales manager for Jet Airways BeLux.

Jean

Post by Jean »

LX-LGX wrote:Interesting development: both Travel Magazine and TourMag today publish a so called unconfirmed rumour that Bernard Guisset (key account manager UA Belgium and president www.visitusa.org) will become sales manager for Jet Airways BeLux.
That would be a stupid move...

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:
LX-LGX wrote:Interesting development: both Travel Magazine and TourMag today publish a so called unconfirmed rumour that Bernard Guisset (key account manager UA Belgium and president www.visitusa.org) will become sales manager for Jet Airways BeLux.
That would be a stupid move...
I agree.
Aum Sweet Aum.

B737229

Post by B737229 »

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Jet Airways offers new service on Mumbai – Brussels – Newark
(09 June 2005)

Effective summer 2005, the Indian carrier Jet Airways will commence scheduled flight operations from Mumbai, India to Newark (New York), via Brussels. The new service will be operated six times a week, Monday to Saturday, using Airbus 340-300E aircraft configured with 38 business class seats and 231 economy seats. Jet Airways hopes to increase this frequency to a daily flight
later this year.

For Brussels Airport, Jet Airways’ new scheduled services to/from
Mumbai confirm the renewed need for direct flights to Asia. This is a significant development for Brussels Airport, as its first major route to Asia since 2001. The new service marks the first long haul success following the introduction of a comprehensive airline marketing programme developed jointly by Macquarie Airports and BIAC.

Jet Airways started domestic operations within the Indian market in
1993 and emerged as the best domestic airline of India in a short span
of years. Today it is India’s biggest airline and one of the fastest
growing airlines in the world. It strives to provide service of the highest standard to its customers, both on ground and in-flight service. Jet Airways is proud to be one of the few airlines in the world to receive the ISO 9001 certification for their in-flight services

Jet Airways said that the combined Brussels/New York flight responds to a strong demand for a connection between India, the United States and the capital of the European Union. With the choice of the World financial capital New York, and the heart of European administration and economic decision making Brussels, this new Jet Airways service satisfies to those needs..

source: BIAC

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

But still no official press release from Jet aiways ?
Still nothing to find in OAG , Amadeus.
Best regards,

Airbuske

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

airbuske wrote:But still no official press release from Jet aiways ?
Still nothing to find in OAG , Amadeus.
Why shouldn't this BIAC press release be correct?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I'm sorry Bart that's no what I mean.
But we hear nothing from Jet Airways.
How faster the people can book tickets and knows dat Jet Airways flies
BOM-BRU-EWR the better for Jet Airways , no ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

For the moment you can not book tickets for these flights. Even there is no announcement of the new flight to Newark via Bru. If they want to start at 23 June it's gone be time to set this on the route map.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

airbuske wrote:I'm sorry Bart that's no what I mean.
But we hear nothing from Jet Airways.
How faster the people can book tickets and knows dat Jet Airways flies
BOM-BRU-EWR the better for Jet Airways , no ?
Ok, now I understand! Indeed it should be better that the carrier officialy announces this new routes.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Atlantis wrote:For the moment you can not book tickets for these flights. Even there is no announcement of the new flight to Newark via Bru. If they want to start at 23 June it's gone be time to set this on the route map.
I wonder how you can sell tickets and do your job in a good manor if you still haven't completed your reservation and sales team in Belgium... i mean SOME PREPARATION!

Etihad has been looking for people for months and are already team but Jet Airways i dunno, let's see...

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:
Atlantis wrote:For the moment you can not book tickets for these flights. Even there is no announcement of the new flight to Newark via Bru. If they want to start at 23 June it's gone be time to set this on the route map.
I wonder how you can sell tickets and do your job in a good manor if you still haven't completed your reservation and sales team in Belgium... i mean SOME PREPARATION!

Etihad has been looking for people for months and are already team but Jet Airways i dunno, let's see...
It was announced by S. K. Dutta of Jet Airways India in an interview to www.NDTV.com that there has been a delay of 2 weeks :oops: so please be updated.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

Well I simply think 9W was just a bit too optimistic when it released the date of 23/06...

They needed more clearances and signatures from the US and Indian authorties.

When bureaucracy holds the power...

FB.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Damn , that's a pity!!! I hoped that they WOULD effectively start 23 or 24 June ....that's the end date of the exams for me , and than I would pay a visit to BRU at once to spot this 340!!! Has been many many loooooooooooooong years ago since I saw a 340. You can't imagine. :D

Would it be possible for them to start BEFORE 20 July , anyone has an Idea...it are only some formalities (although I know very good , that such a stupid things take TOO many time...)

Best regards: Yannick ;)

bits44

Oops there is no Jet Airways is there?

Post by bits44 »

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Finaly this stupid story ends. How can you say that an airline is corrupt or build on top of an terror organisation without prouf?
So I'm glad that this part is over. Let's take action now! We want to see Jet Airways in Bru!