Is ryanair coming back to Ostend?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ciaran

Is ryanair coming back to Ostend?

Post by ciaran »

The airport want's anwsers over 2 months about a new line or if they're not coming back. But they're still in talk.
The airport is willing to drop the low case if they return but if they doen't they will go further.
The airport manager goes this week to Dublin for further talking.

you can read the article in "De Streekkrant" from the 10 till the 16 Februari.

Andries

Re: Is ryanair coming back to Ostend?

Post by Andries »

ciaran wrote:The airport want's anwsers over 2 months about a new line or if they're not coming back.
Mr. Vanspauwen has stated several times in the past he doesn't expect to get Ryanair back to EBOS ...

Personally, I'd like RYR to come back because of a spotters-objective. On the other had I'd rather see RYR go bankrupt cause I think their politics are very dirty and have absolutely care for their passengers, only for their wallets ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

waldova

Post by waldova »

Andries wrote: Personally, I'd like RYR to come back because of a spotters-objective. On the other had I'd rather see RYR go bankrupt cause I think their politics are very dirty and have absolutely care for their passengers, only for their wallets ...
What for a stupid quote is this? Who would like an airline to go bankrupt??? What is it with these people who don't like low cost carriers. Do you have some money to spare maybe? If you like to spend your money like this, just give it to me. Ryanair is not doing dirty politics, they are just playing things smart and that makes them so cheap to fly on, while they are still making profit. Why do you think ryanair is becoming so important in Europe? That is becaue people likes the company and don't want to pay absurd prices for a ticket!
I don't understand the people that are always complaining about ryanair.

Andries

Post by Andries »

waldova wrote:What for a stupid quote is this?
Check the first word of that part : Personnally
This means it is my personnal opinion and I am fully entitled to it ! Everyone has got that right ! Even you ! So I will presume the quote is your personnal opinion. There is no need for such a reaction. It's not like I said Ryanair is bad, I said I don't like it, but that still doesn't mean Ryanair is bad ...
waldova wrote:Who would like an airline to go bankrupt???
I could give you an entire list of people I know who would like to see Ryanair disappear ... like I allready said : Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.
waldova wrote:Ryanair is not doing dirty politics, they are just playing things smart
They tell you you will go to some city, but eventually you can end up 50km from that town :roll: ... hmmm, no thanks, I'd rather pay for full-service and go directly to my destination. I have nothing against LCC, only Ryanair.

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Maaske

Post by Maaske »

I think their politics are very dirty
they are just playing the basic liberal free market Economy :P
and have absolutely care for their passengers, only for their wallets ...
Without their wallets , what would be the use of starting an airline as an independant company if you don't want to make profit :D

Greetz,

Maaske

waldova

Post by waldova »

Ok andries, maybe I got a little bit too far here, sorry for that.

But I can't understand that you, as an aviation enthousiast would like to see one company go bankcrupt. For you this wouldn't change a thing, so for you it has no point of this company going bankcrupt. I understand company's like Virgin and SN to hope Ryanair will go bankcrupt because ryanair is taking a big market share in Belgium and also in other countries.

But about being far away from the city were you would like to be. Well I can say this. For example those people who want to go to Barcelona and take Ryanair, they know that they will end up in Girona and that that is far away from Barcelona. But not everybody flying to Barcelona wants to go to Barcelona. A lot of them have to go to other cities, so if Girona is closer to them, then Ryanair is perfect.
So I just want to say, people who book a flight on ryanair they know all of this, but it doesn't stop them on flying with ryanair, so it means they accept to pay less but to arrive a bit further from their destination.

This is by the way also the reason why I like Vueling, they fly to major airports in Europe, like Brussels, Paris CDG, Madrid, Barcelona. So that is a plus point for my favorite company ;)

But ofcourse you have totally the right to have your own opinion. Only the fact that you wished ryanair to go bankcrupt was a little to much for me. So my excuses again to you.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

What Andries was saying is that FR says it flies to BARCELONA (girona), while you are flying to Girona, 100 km away from Barcelona.
He has a point there, but it is not as if you don't know you are going to girona and need to take a bus into Barcelona... It is clearly explained on their website!

I always remembered my trip to Venice/Treviso: payed 30 euro's return, 10 euro's return for the 1 hour bus. We were out of the plane and in the bus in 5 minutes, and arrived in the centre of Venice just an hour after we landed, and that for 40 euro's all in. Had I flown in to Marco Polo, the flight & the bus would have costed me more (I had checked it at the time, € 80 for a waterbus, and €25 for regular bus) and the half hour less busride I would have spend in the airport waiting for my luggage etc.

But that's just my opinion :D

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

What's all this nonsense about "far away from the destination"? I live in Brugge, so I have to drive 100 kilometers to get to Brussels Airport. Why should I expect to land in the middle of Barcelona then? If I refused to cover some distance from airport to city, than I would do very little flying indeed, because there's not much passenger traffic from Ostend Airport. Get real, people. I once drove for 3 and a half hours in Australia to go to the nearest cinema! What do I care if I have to take an hour's drive in a bus when I arrive at the airport to get to the city of my destination?

Comet

Post by Comet »

I think that flying to Oostende for Brugge is much easier than some of Ryanair's other airports. That is one reason I would prefer other LCCs above Ryanair, if I were to fly with one. Major airports often have better transport links. EasyJet fly into regular airports, and so do other LCCs. Ryanair are probably OK when you want to fly into Dublin.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

CSB

Post by CSB »

yes, sometimes you land quite far away from your destination with ryanair, but i don't think that really is a problem when you're flying for leisure. but on the other hand, if you're flying for business, or if you're on a citytrip for one or two days, you want to land as close from your destination as possible.

So in my opinion it really depends of the goal of your trip. If you don't have the time to travel from the airport lcc fly on to your final destination, then pay more and fly a flag carrier

Comet

Post by Comet »

For me, out of the way secondary airports could be a big problem when they don't have the same public transport infrastructure as a major airport. When you don't drive a car, you need somewhere you can easily reach by bus or train. That is always a deciding factor when we choose an airport. Oostende is a lucky one - it has a bus service to the railway station, and then Brugge is only a very short train ride away (and the trains are regular). Other places are not so lucky.
Louise

danieln

Post by danieln »

Let's all be careful of blaming Ryanair when it comes to "airports far way from the destination". Ryanair uses Ciampino Airport for its flights to Rome, which is much closer to the city centre than Fiumicino. Same for Säve Airport in Göteborg, much more convenient and closer than Landvetter Airport.

And don't forget that the busiest airport in London (Heathrow) is also very far away from the city centre.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Yes but Heathrow has very good transport links, something you don't always find with secondary airports. That was the point I was making in my posts, not for or anti Ryanair. For some people the secondary airports are not a good option.
Louise

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

:offtopic: back ontopic please this isn't a discussion about ryanair and where they fly this is about ryanair coming back to OST

Comet

Post by Comet »

I know it's about FR coming back to OST, I had been making the point that OST has very good transport links compared with some of FR's other destinations. It's a pity more carriers don't fly into OST. I would have thought FR's OST service would have been a popular one, quicker and cheaper than coming by sea.
Louise

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

Comet wrote:I know it's about FR coming back to OST, I had been making the point that OST has very good transport links compared with some of FR's other destinations. It's a pity more carriers don't fly into OST. I would have thought FR's OST service would have been a popular one, quicker and cheaper than coming by sea.
Yes maybe comet butt i don't thinks there is such a big market in Ostend

regi

Post by regi »

I bet that Wiloo is already making up new battle plans