ANA to order more 777's after considering A380

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

The B777-300ER makes a good job in AF fleet too.

My favorite airliner at the moment.

Regards

Seb.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

It's glad to see that someone over there is actually open minded to Boeing. Thank you HorsePower!!!!!
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Avro

Post by Avro »

Knight255 wrote:It's glad to see that someone over there is actually open minded to Boeing. Thank you HorsePower!!!!!
Come on Knight255, many of us are open minded for Boeing planes. And I don't doubt that many Americans are open minded to Airbus as well.

It's not because some over here are pro-Airbus and some over there are pro-Boeing that all of them are like that.

Chris

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I know I know. Just seems that I stirred up a hornet's nest by being supportive of Boeing and the U.S.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Knight255, I really think you should experience a flight aboard an A320 and ask the crew what is their mind about the aircraft, it could be a very good learning.

Just my thought. :wink:

Regards

Seb.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I have been onboard an A320 once (could have been an A319). I found it very similar to a 737. Of course this was only a passenger's view. I'm sure they're fun to fly, but I resist the amount of technology people are putting into the flightdeck. TCAS is good, FADECs are good, heck even autopilots are good sometimes (low approaches and VERY long flights). I don't like the fact that a computer can overrule the PIC (pilot-in-command). That's just was it should be, pilot-in-command. In my view, there is a loss of being in command if a computer can overrule your inputs.

Pittsboy

Post by Pittsboy »

Knight255: It does not overrule your inputs. It prevents you from doing things that are unsafe. And believe me, you won't come anywhere near these limits in normal day to day operations.
Modern figher planes like the F-16 have fly by wire. I don't hear any Viper driver complain... :?
And yes, I love both Boeing and Airbus planes. :D

cheers from a proud A320 driver !

BelugaBrain

Post by BelugaBrain »

Sometimes the computer trys to protect the pilot, but it crashed into the trees
'A320' (Paris Airshow 1988 :cry: )

Pilots fault mind you :?

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

In this case, the plane was flying below the security limit and with pax!

Seb.

BelugaBrain

Post by BelugaBrain »

HorsePower wrote:In this case, the plane was flying below the security limit and with pax!

Seb.

Was the plane @ 30 feet with the landing gear down???

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Don't say driver, say flyer!! :D Who do you fly for???? How'd you get started in the industry??? (Two questions I always ask professional pilots out of curiosity and looking for tips.) In the case of an F-16, there is a huge speed gap so computers are needed. I just don't like the idea of a computer taking away control from me, that's all. Pilots are very capable of determining what's safe for an airplane. You don't see Boeing planes crashing left and right do you??? If it weren't for that sort of automation, I'd love to fly a A340-600!!!

Pittsboy

Post by Pittsboy »

In any case, the aircraft concerned was one of the first of its type to enter service. And as with all first aircraft that have entered service, there have been mishaps.

Was this accident caused by a glitch in the system or was it poor pilot knowledge of the A320 systems and controls ? I really don't know. Maybe the accident report could shed some more light on this.

Knight255: PM me if you want an answer to your questions.
Last edited by Pittsboy on 02 Feb 2005, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

To my knowledge a little of both. The pilots didn't really know how to operate the systems. But it seems to me kind of stupid to not be able to go around in that kind of configuration.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Exactly, he was flying at 30ft above the ground instead of 100ft.
The whole story is quite more complicated, here is it:
http://www.airdisaster.com/investigatio ... f296.shtml

Regards

Seb.