Lufthansa & Tap Air Portugal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Loadcontroller

Lufthansa & Tap Air Portugal

Post by Loadcontroller »

Lufthansa (LH/Frankfurt) and TAP Air Portugal (TP/Lisbon) have signed a codeshare agreement. The two carriers will codeshare on all services between Germany and Portugal (Frankfurt-Faro/Lisbon/Porto, Munich-Lisbon). Lufthansa will also put its code on TAP flights from Lisbon to Dakar, Faro, Funchal and Porto. TAP will put is code on Lufthansa flights from Frankfurt and Munich to Athens, Berlin Tegel, Bremen, Budapest, Cologne/Bonn, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Helsinki, Leipzig/Halle, Münster/Osnabrück, Nuremberg, Prague, Riga, Stuttgart and Zagreb.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

I wonder what will happen to TAP code share flights SN has out of BRU? Destinations which spring to mind are: GOT, THF, BHX, HAM, PRG, SXB.

Will TAP give them up because all of the destinations are served by LH too and are included in the agreement between LH and TAP? We all know how dearly LH would like to see SN fail asap, so I would imagine more than just some pressure from them to do so. :cry:

We all remember what happened to the SN - LOT code share after LOT joined STAR, don't we? They were FORCED by LH to give it up immediately, only to realize later they were now loosing tons of money on their WAW-BRU route and thus signed it again 6 months later....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:I wonder what will happen to TAP code share flights SN has out of BRU? Destinations which spring to mind are: GOT, THF, BHX, HAM, PRG, SXB.
And also the SN/TP/NI codeshares between BRU and Lisbon/Oporto?
Currently all are still in place!
André
ex Sabena #26567