Air Polonia Bankrupt?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SicilianFalcon

Air Polonia Bankrupt?

Post by SicilianFalcon »

http://www.skyeurope.com/bottom.php?lan ... alnews.php

News to me!

Apparently Air Polonia declared themself bankrupt on Sunday even though it is still saturday lol :?

Yet the website doesnt say so . . . Im way lost!!

http://www.airpolonia.com/index.php?lan ... 06be0a3b0e

Is this another skyeurope story like the Wizz one???? :roll:

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

The booking engine ("buy online") is blocked: "server error at Air Polonia", says my computer.
Am I the only one with this online message?

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

Ah yes it seems to be now!! Good job!

Wasnt when I first posted 8O

I gather they waited till Midnight? Although it would have already been midnight in Poland Hrmmm

Ack I guess it is true then No more Air Polonia, And I never even saw one of theyre aircraft before :x

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

As i have said earlier, we should have a forum specially and specifically dedicated to BANKRUPT AIRLINES!

Another one goes down the memory lane.
Aum Sweet Aum.

oli21

Post by oli21 »

So in the end Airpolonia went bankrupt, not (up until today at least) Wizzair.

So why did Skyeurope and the press make such a fuss about Wizzair when the real problem was Airpolonia (which nobody mentionned)?

It seems clear that all this fuss was because they knew they were the only two left and they are going to battle it out until the end. And they are using dirty tricks (Wizzair giving away free seats to push Skyeurope out, Skyeurope using the medias and sending out dubious statements).

Who will survive?

May be none and Easyjet or Ryanair shall buy one of the two...

pee

Post by pee »

Well, just two quotes:
AirPolonia:
We regret to inform you that from Sunday 5 December 2004, all our flights are suspended and tickets are not on sale at the moment. We inform you that SkyEurope Airlines has agreed to carry our passengers for free (excluding airport taxes and charges) on its network. You may use this option by rebooking on www.skyeurope.com.
oli21
Who will survive?

May be none and Easyjet or Ryanair shall buy one of the two...
Yeah. There IS a potential in those markets. But possibly not for beginners...

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Let s hope Wizzair will stay !

They have a nice livery ! And A320's ;)

Still 1 has to go i guess, Sky or Wizz ?

PS Air Polonia couldn t compete with the strength of Wizz and Sky.

Rgds,

[ admin luchtzak, no cursing please, even if you ***** ]

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

Yeah im with you on that!!

Wizz have a cool shceme not many pink and purple planes flying about :D

Plus i live under Luton's flightpath so I would choose Wizz to stay coz skyeurope dont come here and if Wizz went it would mean more of the flying Orange fruits taking up all the routes :(

oli21

Post by oli21 »

Why didn't Skyeurope publish on its web site that it was concerned with Airpolonia.com impeding bankrupcy?

Was it a plot to let people book with Airpolonia (and not with Wizzair) so that then Skyeurope would carry them once it decleared bankrupcy... (for free?? let see if it is really going to be for free)

Quoting from Skyeurope website:

"SkyEurope has undertaken to offer free flights* to all passengers, booked to travel Air Polonia, on any one of these routes, during the period from 6 December 2004 to 26 March 2005 (limited availability during the peak Christmas period where free seats will not be available as many of SkyEurope’s flights are already sold out)."

Strangely flights are already sold out for christmas. Is Skyeurope simply looking to make a few euros with some stranded passengers that need to fly during christmas?

These Central European stories grow more interesting everyday. First it seems that Wizzair is about to go bankrupt. Then it gets money and continues to practise dumping prices on its routes (to force out someone?). Then Airpolonia.com goes bankrupt (and nobody knew about this until today) and Skyeurope comes to the rescue.

Strange that Skyeurope knew of Airpolonia.com bankrupcy immediately after it happened... It was not yet published on Airpolonia.com website (and it seems that it still has not been published). Skyeurope seems to know Airpolonia too well...

Strange, strange, strange.

szyszek

Post by szyszek »

It is on Air Polonia website. Try "Buy a ticket"

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

szyszek wrote:It is on Air Polonia website. Try "Buy a ticket"
You would expect it to be on the frontpage though

TVB

Post by TVB »

Saw on the Belgian TV (Teletext) : Air Polonia canceled all his flights from today. Reason : financial troubles. Several passengers are stuck at airports.

dodik

Post by dodik »

Hmmm,

I have a ticket from Warsaw to Brussels two ways.
But this route is not in the list of offers from SkyEurope.
Does such an offer for destination Brussels also exists?

Otherwise does anybody know any very cheap alternatives?
I guess it is impossible to get any money back?

Thanks anyway for any help

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

dodik wrote:Hmmm,

Does such an offer for destination Brussels also exists?

Otherwise does anybody know any very cheap alternatives?

Thanks anyway for any help
IMHO you should try and contact
- Sky Europe but they don't fly from Brussels (or even CRL)
- Wizz

Regards

BeN :idea:
Support me by voting here

Avro

Post by Avro »

And the next airline is gone.

To be honest I'm not surprised anymore. There are simply to many of those start up airlines.

Dodik,

SkyEurope doesn't come to Charleroi but Wizz air does, so you might always try to fly with them. But nobody knows if they will soon be bankrupt as well.....

To be sure that you get to WAW I would suggest you fly out of Brussels, with LOT/SN. It'll cost you a lot more but you'll be sure to get there on time.

Chris

pee

Post by pee »

dodik wrote:Hmmm,
Does anybody know any very cheap alternatives?
Try http://www.wizzair.com. Depending on the day of your departure, you could even find some very nice prices. Of course, there were rumors about WizzAir's troubles as well. Or try Germanwings to/from Cologne (Köln) and the rest by train.
Other options - look at http://www.whichbudget.com.
Your money are probably lost, but in some cases you could be entitled to repayment by credit card's issuer.

pee

Post by pee »

... and indeed WizzAir too will help AP's passengers giving them tickets for NULL Euro + taxes:
Wizz Air offers free tickets for all passengers who have valid reservation with the bankrupt airline, only taxes and charges are to be paid.

Those having AP reservation on any AP routes from Poland to London can rebook on Wizz Air’s Warsaw-London Luton, Katowice-London Luton and Gdansk-London Luton flights.

AP’s passengers travelling on Warsaw-Brussels Charleroi can be rebooked on Wizz Air’s Warsaw-Charleroi.

AP’s Warsaw-Stockholm Skavsta can be rebooked on Wizz Air’s Katowice-Stockholm Skavsta.

Passengers on AP’s Warsaw-Frankfurt Hahn can rebook on Wizz Air’s Warsaw-Dortmund flight.

The Warsaw-Rome Ciampino and Warsaw-Paris Beauvais AP flights can be rebooked on the Katowice-Rome Ciampino and Katowice-Paris Beauvais Wizz Air flights.

Rebookings can be made through Wizz Air’s call center (+48 22 500 9499) and at the airport ticketing agents in Warsaw, Katowice, Gdansk, London Luton, Brussels Charleroi, Stockholm Skavsta, Dortmund, Rome Ciampino and Paris Beauvais airports.

Rebooking will be also possible on wizzair.com/airpolonia later this evening.

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Wonder if we will see more Wizz routes from Warsaw like

Stockholm Skvasta
Frankfurt Hahn
Paris Beauvis
Rome Ciampano

dodik

Post by dodik »

Just found it out by myself too :-)
Good news, now I only have to repay the taxes,
i think that's worth taking the risk.
I'll try to rebook tomorrow.

Thank you all,
Grtz

oli21

Post by oli21 »

Let's hope to see a new Warsaw-Milan low cost route soon too.

Skyeurope is pulling out of it as of Jan 10th and I really can understand why, since they had no competition from others low cost carriers on that route!

Instead they've kept flights from Krakow (where they are competing with Wizzair flying from Katowice) and from Budapest (also competing with Wizzair).

Really hard to understand why they make such choices...