Belgian Red Devils no longer fly on their iconic Brussels Airlines "Trident" aircraft

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sdbelgium

Belgian Red Devils no longer fly on their iconic Brussels Airlines "Trident" aircraft

Post by sdbelgium »

Read today that the Red Devils will not be using Brussels Airlines & Brussels Airport for their travel needs during the upcoming European Championships. Instead they will use a 737 chartered by The Aviation Factory and will use CRL as their gateway. Do we know which exact aircraft it will be? TUI? Maleth?

Passenger

Re: Trivia 2021 (miscellaneous news)

Post by Passenger »

sdbelgium wrote: 29 May 2021, 12:25 Read today that the Red Devils will not be using Brussels Airlines & Brussels Airport for their travel needs during the upcoming European Championships. Instead they will use a 737 chartered by The Aviation Factory and will use CRL as their gateway. Do we know which exact aircraft it will be? TUI? Maleth?
Surprise also in the Netherlands: 'Oranje' will leave for their final training session in Portugal with a Titan Airways A321:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-powu

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

sdbelgium wrote: 29 May 2021, 12:25 Read today that the Red Devils will not be using Brussels Airlines & Brussels Airport for their travel needs during the upcoming European Championships. Instead they will use a 737 chartered by The Aviation Factory and will use CRL as their gateway. Do we know which exact aircraft it will be? TUI? Maleth?
To come back to this: it will be a Klasjet B737.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sdbelgium wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 23:32
I knew it but not allowed to disclose. The thing is. I don't know what is logical behind that. Brussels Airlines SNA is not available even though many times SN used another aircraft to carry them on. I mean okay well Brussels Airlines is not available, which seems crazy and now... It is CRL instead of BRU. No offence to CRL work but I mean... Why them? The cheapest?

There's an article made by La Libre Belgique published yesterday saying that a crew member is payed €540 - €1300 gross and the airline makes social dumping.

That's not fair, there are other airlines, even ASL was unable to carry them on?

I heard that there are going to be 2 aircraft at a time.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sdbelgium wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 23:32 ....
Specialized VIP charter, based in Vilnius. Fleet made of several B735 and one CRJ

The livery of this one has about the right colours ....
B735 LY-KDT Exterior.jpg
First flew for US between 1992 and 2004, then 11 years with Air Baltic.

The cabin is not too bad either :
B735 LY-KDT Cabin Lite.jpg

H.A.

TLspotting

Re: Belgian Red Devils no longer fly on their iconic Brussels Airlines "Trident" aircraft

Post by TLspotting »

Thanks to the one who made a single topic, better.

ZavCity

Re: Belgian Red Devils no longer fly on their iconic Brussels Airlines "Trident" aircraft

Post by ZavCity »

I think Tubize is closer to CRL than to BRU?
gtz

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

ZavCity wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 15:25 I think Tubize is closer to CRL than to BRU?
According to Google Maps:
Martin's Red Hotel - CRL: 50.8 km (via E420), 46 min
Martin's Red Hotel - BRU: 42.3 km (via E19), 40 min (but higher risk of traffic jams in rush hours!)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Yes but, great circle distances :

BRU-LED : 1022 nm
CRL-LED : 1041 nm

Damn, comparison gets more complicated if we include taxi time to the RWY in use. ;)

H.A.

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

TLspotting wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 12:16
I knew it but not allowed to disclose. The thing is. I don't know what is logical behind that. Brussels Airlines SNA is not available even though many times SN used another aircraft to carry them on. I mean okay well Brussels Airlines is not available, which seems crazy and now... It is CRL instead of BRU. No offence to CRL work but I mean... Why them? The cheapest?

There's an article made by La Libre Belgique published yesterday saying that a crew member is payed €540 - €1300 gross and the airline makes social dumping.

That's not fair, there are other airlines, even ASL was unable to carry them on?

I heard that there are going to be 2 aircraft at a time.
SN does have a plane, to be used in case of emergency should the LH plane secured for the Germany national football team is grounded for technical issues. :mrgreen:

Joke aside, the Royal Belgian Football Association faced a 6 million EUR loss in 2020. Perhaps due to budget cuts translated into the use of a low cost carrier and flying from a low cost airport...

Reason claimed is about distance from Tubize to Charleroi. There must have somehow been some lobbying behind de scenes as SN would never put a wheel on CRL's runway unless emergency landing... I believe the contract must have been re-negotiated for EURO 2020 valid only for 2020 and now we're in 2021.

What would have been really great is to see the Belgian Red Devils flying from Charleroi with Air Belgium... Why didn't it happen?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Shonix wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 17:11
What would have been really great is to see the Belgian Red Devils flying from Charleroi with Air Belgium... Why didn't it happen?
If we are qualified to the final matches, I think that AB's planning would have been short (as they are dealing with Surinam every Wed and also the restart in July)... And I don't see ABD coming back from LDE with the current rumours.

Where tf is TUI ? TUI has some available aircraft too !
Telling that SN is not available, it is a joke. It is coming back tomorrow from EMA, a friend told.

SmartLynx would have been also a possibility to carry them on.

Money is probably the only reason. It is like Niky Terzakis saying that you can enter the Business Terminal and be onboard within 15 minutes. True ?
CRL was also said to be more axed on traffic jams issue (than BRU).

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

No logic about the plane.
Quite logic about the airport, too many risks of trafic jam (surely with the works on R0)

Homo Aeroportus

Just did a quick check on Klasjet LY-KDT thanks to FR24.
These guys are rather busy. During the last 12 days, May 25th to June 6th, they flew every day but for 02JUN and 04JUN, clocking +50 flight hours and 20 000nm. And this includes a stint to Seoul.
LY-KDT 25MAY to 06JUN (2).jpg
LY-KDT 25MAY to 06JUN (2).jpg (106.16 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Yesterday she flew BCN-INN-PRG-BCN where she is still currently.
Busy schedule.

H.A.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

TLspotting wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 18:02
Money is probably the only reason.
Comfort could be another and maybe the main reason. 2*2 in a 737 is a lot more comfortable than 6 in a row on the A320. Marginal gains could make the difference as there is a lot of travel involved in this year’s championship.
(Don’t forget that the aviation factory is certainly making some money as well)

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

And why not AB ? A lot of business seats, plane with the right colors... etc

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Thé only right colour is thé colour of money !
Especially in football...

They got all advantages..
Taxes
Vaccins ( just Ignore and reject it , perfect exemple for our youth )
Publicity
Money
More money...

So, if I see thé Klasjet... Right colours, perfect seatings...
And with all football... thé employees earns the minimum 😂

Guess thé Football League still had some vouchers of last year 😂

But go Devils !

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Wages for pilots are extremely poor as well...
So guess what; https://avherald.com/h?article=4c65913a&opt=0

Samuel Zerilli

Post by Samuel Zerilli »

Hello,

On 11,12,13 June 4 flights in total will be operated from BRU to LED. Flights are classified as "Charter Flights". Do they transport supporters? Possible or not. On the 12th there is also another SN BRU-LED flight but as a passenger and not charter this time !

SN1041 for Friday(OOSSX)
SN1035 for saturday (OOSNA :lol:)

So it's not like planes are missing or OOSNA isn't available..

Samuel,

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

I guess CRL seized the opportunity when the Red Devils started to fully use the training centre at Tubize. Before that, they gathered and stayed in The Crown Plaza Hotel close to BRU, so flying from an airport five minutes away with the national carrier having its base there is logic.

Now they 'reside' in Tubize and given the set up of Euro2020 in different cities all over Europe, CRL probably took the opportunity and negociated a deal which is beneficiary to all parties involved.

SN now has other issues with scaling up its operations post-Covid-19 and probably isn't too sad not having to set up a charter flight from CRL to wherever the Devils play.

They'll probably fly them again to Qatar in Winter 2022.