Impact of your organisation on BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

randykshlerin

Impact of your organisation on BRU

Post by randykshlerin »

Hi all,

I am just wondering which organisations have a big impact on the figures of BRU airport.

We all know that e.g. the EC and related bodies are major users of the airport: own staff travelling around; people visiting the EU bodies in Brussels; people attending events of the EU; family of expats visiting or travelling to their homes; etc.

But what with your company/organisation? Do you know their impact? I belong to a big organisation (> 21.000 employees) and heard some figures on the travelling of our staff (quite impressive). [Travel of own staff is around 22.000 trips on an annual basis, but I have no clue about the number of flights for each trip on average. Also many other trips of people linked to our organisation are not included]. But I also know we attract many 'external' people as well: events; project meetings; international visitors; ...

Many European trips, but also many intercontinental trips.

What about your organisation: do you know how many trips? what kind of? ...

Cheers,

JOVAN

Re: Impact of your organisation on BRU

Post by JOVAN »

randykshlerin wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 05:23 Hi all,

I am just wondering which organisations have a big impact on the figures of BRU airport.

We all know that e.g. the EC and related bodies are major users of the airport: own staff travelling around; people visiting the EU bodies in Brussels; people attending events of the EU; family of expats visiting or travelling to their homes; etc.

But what with your company/organisation? Do you know their impact? I belong to a big organisation (> 21.000 employees) and heard some figures on the travelling of our staff (quite impressive). [Travel of own staff is around 22.000 trips on an annual basis, but I have no clue about the number of flights for each trip on average. Also many other trips of people linked to our organisation are not included]. But I also know we attract many 'external' people as well: events; project meetings; international visitors; ...

Many European trips, but also many intercontinental trips.

What about your organisation: do you know how many trips? what kind of? ...

Cheers,
Welcome Randy.

First : I think nothing will be like before after Corona. Cheap tickets to the Sun or massive corporate travelling : Finito.

Second: I remember when Procter & Gamble had European headquarters in Brussels (before moving to Geneva) there where enough PAX for Sabena at that time to offer daily flight to Concinnati. By 747.

In the company where I work we have over 70 intensive travellers (worldwide) . But I am sure the rules will be adapted and fun-travelling will be stopped. Exhibitions in Miami, SFO, Bangkok, Milan.. where everybody from every department had a "reason" to go to : Finito.
This will be the case in most companies.

Blackdark future for airlines, hotels,..

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

First : I think nothing will be like before after Corona. Cheap tickets to the Sun or massive corporate travelling : Finito.
While I agree it will certainly be different, I see more difference on the business side than on the leasure side.

On the business side we cant unsee the efficiency of those collaboration tools... we will certainly travel less and pretend less. And that should hurt both airlines and cities like brussels

For leasure, most people are tensed like a spring and will release their fury and budget very quickly I think. I will.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

If there is one thing past crisisses have learned, things mostly return to business as usual once the crisis is over.