Brussels Airlines in 2021

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2021

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airlines sees a strong increase in the number of incoming bookings. Ever since the lifting of the travel ban for Belgians on 19 April, the airline has noticed a positive trend. However, the past few weeks the increase in bookings grows even stronger.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... -bookings/

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

luchtzak wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 11:28 Brussels Airlines sees a strong increase in the number of incoming bookings. Ever since the lifting of the travel ban for Belgians on 19 April, the airline has noticed a positive trend. However, the past few weeks the increase in bookings grows even stronger.
Good to hear!
Let’s hope they can finally pay back the tickets from last year’s cancelled flights.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Poiu wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 12:06 Let’s hope they can finally pay back the tickets from last year’s cancelled flights.
I had two SN flights cancelled this year (cancelled by me because of changes in schedule). I was reimbursed in 3 days for the first one and in 12 hours for the second one.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 14:06 I had two SN flights cancelled this year (cancelled by me because of changes in schedule). I was reimbursed in 3 days for the first one and in 12 hours for the second one.

I am still waiting for the money of FIVE tickets from last year, despite all promises including a mail from the CEO....

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

It was Back without Welcome for Brussels Airlines this morning!!!
First I had to wait 1h30 for my check in😳 than because my son is not flying the same destination (but same Airline) he couldn't go in the lounge with my!
No thanks I don't want to travel like that.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Missed you !

Today was a total disgrace for BRU !

Was in thé same row for also 1,5 hours, just to pick up a boarding pass and then they didn't even check a PLF nor Covid test !

Next summer from AMS for sure !

Two rows of counters open and a Nice maze around six rows !
Nice planning and organzing !

Just made it to thé gate on time !
No lounge time given !
Even a Panos quick stop was impossible !

Even lost my sweater in that mess...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

jerry

Post by jerry »

Can you provide more info? Did they stop giving out boarding passes in order to check the documents? Was that line for SEN/*A gold etc.?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

jerry wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 11:28 Can you provide more info? Did they stop giving out boarding passes in order to check the documents? Was that line for SEN/*A gold etc.?
I was flying to Africa I'm gold no prob it was easy but for my son flying to a EU destination it was hell like I said 1h30 minutes to get out the check in area.
And after that we had 30 minutes to spend together ,the lounge was empty and because he was not flying the same destination he could go in !!!!
Very frustrating morning.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

He couldn't go in!

PttU

Post by PttU »

Are those problems caused by Brussels Airlines, or by the airport? Who decides the amount of check in desks and the procedures at those desks? Who decides entry to lounges?

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Nice to see all these AFI flights again.

OO-SFLs 05JUL21.png
Plus OO-SFX on the SN467 to KGL and SFH as SN501 to JFK.

But what is this double flight to DLA today with SFF operating as SN1371 ?

H.A.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Things go again the very wrong way at Brussels Airlines, at least for the cabin crew community (cockpit is soon to follow).
We are very close to witness a notice of strike before the end of summer.

A lot of complaints that reflect the deep unprofessionalism and amateurish management of SN.
No transportations to hotels arranged, so they need to call Ubers by themselves, no hotels rooms booked, no uniform renewal before two years (cabin crew have to organize themselves with laid-off staff), some crew members forced to sleep together after 15 hours+ of duty, flight rosters and FT/DT that can’t simply be followed and are much worse than Ryanair’s. Many crews are calling in sick, and SN’s management is of course taking full profit of the Covid situation and makes the most of it.

Very sad to see this. Next step is just safety to be put at risk as frontline staff is put under deep pressure.

On the other hands, office staff receives new facilities (new desks) and the brand new company Volvos, Mercedes, BMWs and… Lexus keep coming in the b.house garage.
No wonders the extra smile will soon be part of old stories.

A whole bunch of amateurs they are… and Thanks God I never worked for them.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Darjeeling wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 22:06 A whole bunch of amateurs they are… and Thanks God I never worked for them.
I can see a hint of frustration in your post(s) when you talk about Brussels Airlines, sorry you didn't got the job :lol:

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

crew1990 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 14:21
Darjeeling wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 22:06 A whole bunch of amateurs they are… and Thanks God I never worked for them.
I can see a hint of frustration in your post(s) when you talk about Brussels Airlines, sorry you didn't got the job :lol:
I am everything BUT frustrated not to work for Brussels Airlines. I've been working for one of their subcontractors in the past and could therefore closely observe their management's lack of professionalism. I stand correct, "amateurs" is the best word I can use.
:arrow: I hold a senior operational position for a famous Luxembourg based cargo operator where I can even freely speak my native language (among others !) without being starred at like a plague ;) (if you see what I mean "zeker"...).

In contrast, my niece used to work for them as cabin crew and lucky for her now works for AF.

Now, I want to be clear, I'm very saddened to see how things unfold at SN as some friends still work there. It's a shame to know that SN's management put many cabin and cockpit crew in economical unemployment at the expense of remaining crews who have to work like slaves for the summer season... SN has purposely miscalculated the crew it needed to properly operate and fly its summer production schedule. If you consider that a normal way to manage... :oops:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

If earning around 2700-3000€ a month is being a "slave" I guess we do not have the same definition.

Indeed we do have some crewing issues caused mainly with the vaccination as we have 3 days "off" after each dose and it makes some last minut trouble. Do you think we are the only one? Ryanair had a lot of problem with pilots because they forgot their vacation, are them "amateur" too? I don't think so. Does a mistake makes people "unprofessionnal" I don't think neither but of course I guess that you are perfect and you never make any mistakes...

I do not know what happend to you but yes it's clearly frustration.

The only point I agree with you is about languages, as a french speaker we have less value for the company than a Flemish. But this is not Brussels Airlines issue, it's something more global if you see what I mean. Just to give you some statistics, the cabin crew community is 18% FR 82% NL and most of them can't even have a proper discussion in FR.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nevertheless, there is a cabin crew issue; otherwise, the unions would not have served a strike notice, all together. From what I hear, some crews arrive at a night stop destination without rooms or transport being booked for them; and they have to buy their own meals. In exchange for more flexibility from the crew, Brussels Airlines had committed to setting up a joint control body to avoid all excesses. More than a year later, this organ still does not exist.

I haven't seen yet a response from management about those claims, hence the unsatisfaction.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

crew1990 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 14:02
I don't see frustration in his posts. He's saying the same as many of your (apparently) colleagues are saying.
But yeah, for someone who worked at Ryanair, I guess you have another vision of modern "slavery".

Let's not ignore reality; many airlines will ask for more flexibility, more work and for poor(er) conditions.
While low cost airlines will forget covid19 quickly, more traditional/business airlines will continue to struggle for years and those who will feel it the most are the employees. Either you shout it out loud today, or your accept the situation until it's over (and guess what, it will take decades to get back what you lost this year).

For ex Sabena employees, this seems to be more difficult than for ex Ryanair employees...

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sn26567 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:21 some crews arrive at a night stop destination without rooms or transport being booked for them
Yep indeed that true, a document had to be sent to the hotels and it haven't been done. When cabin crew landed there were no booking indeed, but as hotel are not full at the moment the only problem was some extra stress at arrival but don't worry the crew got rooms in the hotel. However instead of informing the company of the fact they there were some issue with the hotels, the crew informed the social media, Brussels Airlines being the last informed about it... But once informed, SN sent the right documents to the hotel and this problem is solved.

For the meals, It has always be the case CCM got breakfast only at the hotel and for every Day ON they got a meal allowance, it has always been like that so I don't understand your point...

Lux_avi wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:38
I guess you have another vision of modern "slavery".
Beside languages and certain type of interpersonnal skill, the job require the same qualification than a job at Starbucks or Delhaise. But with a salary wich is the double and plenty of extra advantages, don't call CCM modern slavery because obviously you don't know what you are talking about.
Lux_avi wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:38
For ex Sabena employees, this seems to be more difficult than for ex Ryanair employees...
Indeed they still didn't got the point that the glorious time aviation is now over. If they can't stand with it maybe they can do another job. Well actually, many did and came back... :roll:

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

crew1990 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 14:02 If earning around 2700-3000€ a month is being a "slave" I guess we do not have the same definition.

Indeed we do have some crewing issues caused mainly with the vaccination as we have 3 days "off" after each dose and it makes some last minut trouble. Do you think we are the only one? Ryanair had a lot of problem with pilots because they forgot their vacation, are them "amateur" too? I don't think so. Does a mistake makes people "unprofessionnal" I don't think neither but of course I guess that you are perfect and you never make any mistakes...

The only point I agree with you is about languages, as a french speaker we have less value for the company than a Flemish. But this is not Brussels Airlines issue, it's something more global if you see what I mean. Just to give you some statistics, the cabin crew community is 18% FR 82% NL and most of them can't even have a proper discussion in FR.
- C'mon ;) you know like me that 2700-3000€ is full long-haul pay "all-in" (rounded up) with overnights premiums, flight hours, on a peak period with 5-6 long hauls a month for a senior cabin crew, something that doesn't exist anymore nowadays. And what's left of this "netto" for the retirement scheme when all the "premies" are diluated ? :?: Moreover, I don't question the sustainibilty of this from a human health point of view (95+ hours FT/DT in block hours).

- Ryanair has had no issues with its crew vaccination scheme, or limited and unless I'm mistaken, they haven't yet used Covid as an excuse (a well known word at Brussels Airport) for delays, baggage delays and other operational discrepancies, owed refunds included ;). I'm not a Ryanair fan (even far from), but at least they are a punctual carrier and didn't scam their customer with refunds like SN did for more than 14 months.

- Unprofessionalism: no less than two days ago, SN's crew watch sent SMS messages to crew members in their off-days or yearly holidays period in order to "urge" them to come and fly to face the current crew shortage. Taking into account they sacked hundreds of crew members and put others on economical unemployement scheme during summer season. Any AV24.be moderator can contact SN's "propaganda dienst" (in due language) to check it out... If I lie, I can be banned from this forum... 8-)

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

crew1990 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 21:44
Yep indeed that true, a document had to be sent to the hotels and it haven't been done. When cabin crew landed there were no booking indeed, but as hotel are not full at the moment the only problem was some extra stress at arrival but don't worry the crew got rooms in the hotel. However instead of informing the company of the fact they there were some issue with the hotels, the crew informed the social media, Brussels Airlines being the last informed about it... But once informed, SN sent the right documents to the hotel and this problem is solved.

For the meals, It has always be the case CCM got breakfast only at the hotel and for every Day ON they got a meal allowance, it has always been like that so I don't understand your point...

You confuse yourself (and fool yourself) with your explanations, you do worse than good...
Let your D.O (if any is left in the organigram) react himself, it will be better off. :lol: :lol: :lol: