Brussels Airlines in 2021

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2021

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

It is now confirmed that brussels airlines will fly the BRU - FRA route as from may / june, twice a day !
Source :
https://www.air-journal.fr/2021-02-25-b ... 26219.html

Samuel Zerilli

Post by Samuel Zerilli »

Hello,

Today OO-SFF goes to Amman for maintenance/storage.
Also today OO-SFE comes back from Amman to brussels.

Samuel,

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Brussels Airlines will fly on behalve of tour operator "Nordic" to several destination as from summer 2021

Destinations are: Evenes (Norway), Bergen (Norway), and in winter, Kittila (Finland) and Enontekiö (Finland)

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

I have been a loyal passenger at SN for over 30 years. Last year, like many of us, I had to cancel flights. I put in the files and received emails announcing their refunds but it's been 5 months and nothing comes!
I contacted SN by chat, twitter, email and call centre. We always get the same message: we don't respond to any refund requests. At the call centre, the agents politely end the conversation! This really gives the impression of a company that abandons its customers and does not fulfil its obligations!
Are other members in the same situation?
Does anyone have an idea of a procedure to get legitimate information?
Should we go to court?
SN should not be surprised to lose its loyal passengers with such disregard.
Your opinion?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Same situation here... Pity enough...

No refund since september, no answers, no money, nothing !

As thé government give them a free cheque to let their pax wait for thé money for a year court is not yet an option I guess..

Well, hard to see they got government money to stay alive but they loose thé most loyal customers this way...

My policy, no booking with companies until refund.

Okay, next flights with stopover and a few bucks more.. but who cares as an avgeek...
KLM will be thé nearest option in thé future I guess...

So pity... Hope they 'll be back on track soon and learn a bit of customer service ... Even their 'indian' service center are really good in ignoring and helping to mess up things...

No no Sir no flights at that date... No you can't fly LH instead, no not possible ..
Next day they can...euh ?

Well first money and then maybe we'll book again in thé future.

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

After 11 months I got the canceled SN ticket back. The company had to be put on notice to pay. I had also lodged a complaint with the Consumer Protection Service which took charge of my request but SN reacted since I had indicated a deadline! The call center was a tragedy !!! The Facebook service too. Hope you will all receive your refunds...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Have you all guys tried to complain via Test Aankoop/Achats? They are grouping all the complaints against Brussels Airlines, TUIfly, Ryanair and others. Altogether, they have more power. Call them on 02 542 33 33.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

My experience: I had a flight in March 2020 that got cancelled. Asked for a refund (via the website). Got an e-mail explaining me it could take a while, got another one saying they were processing it and a final one stating the money was underway. Eventually got my money back on my bank account in september (6 months later).

Yes that was a long wait but seen the unprecedented circumstances it was absolutely fine by me.

I don't understand all these people hysterically mailing, calling the airline for their refund. Didn't they know there was a pandemic, threatening practically all airlines to go bankrupt? The airline clearly communicated (more than once!) that everyone would GET their money back. So what if it took a few more months? A little bit of understanding from our (passenger's) point of view would be nice aswel.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Boavida wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 15:52 My experience: I had a flight in March 2020 that got cancelled. Asked for a refund (via the website). Got an e-mail explaining me it could take a while, got another one saying they were processing it and a final one stating the money was underway. Eventually got my money back on my bank account in september (6 months later).

Yes that was a long wait but seen the unprecedented circumstances it was absolutely fine by me.

I don't understand all these people hysterically mailing, calling the airline for their refund. Didn't they know there was a pandemic, threatening practically all airlines to go bankrupt? The airline clearly communicated (more than once!) that everyone would GET their money back. So what if it took a few more months? A little bit of understanding from our (passenger's) point of view would be nice aswel.
I do understand that tough.

Not to be an ***hole here, but I got a refund from Ana for tickets that i was supposed to use end of this month

It took 2 weeks (!!!!!!!) to get refunded and the money was actually there on my Visa.

TWO WEEKS

It took Brussels airlines 7 months to reimburse me my plane tickets to spain...

So yeah... I get the people

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Great for ANA, personally I'm waiting for almost 8 month for my reimbursement from Avianca. Will I never fly Avianca anymore per frustration? Of course not, I'm clever enough to understand in which trouble airlines are going through at the moment.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Hysterically ?
Really ?
Pandemic yes..
+6 months waiting and last months only publicity of new summer routes, rebooking for free, Bari !!
Okay.. if you do these in times of red areas, travel forbidden by law , quarantaines after landing at home...

They received a lot of state air so maybe before making such a fuzz for new bookings in a time when nobody CAN-WANT to book they may take customer care serious !
Refund your customer in a normal period so they still have trust in you for thé future !
I am a fan of SN but you have to keep reality... Six months without replies, with idiot replies with no action you don't make friends...

Hysterically ?
Why can't SN handle this in six months ?

While..

Turkish 3 days
SAS 1 month
Air Gotland 5 days
Easyjet 1 month
Ryanair 4-5 months ( if they accept 🙄🤔😖 )
Transavia 1 week
United 1,5 month

Testaankoop... You have to be member of by membership I presume..
Membership is more then that ticket..
For me it's a low amount but it's about thé principle of customer care...

Hope they see thé light soon again and start again with an extra smile , they need us customers to survive so why I ask ...

CXB

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

It seems you all forgot in what position SN was after March 2020. It was even uncertain if the company would survive!

Would LH let them go?
Would the government nationalize?
Would the government bail out?

The future of SN was highly uncertain at that time. This certainly added to the fact that refunds took a long time.

Btw, about this lack of information or replies from SN during this period. Like I said: I received at least 3 extensive mails from SN explaining the situation and confirming me I would certainly get refunded. And in the end the money appeared on my bank account.

Obviously other airlines could do it faster but every airline situation is unique.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

SN is 100 percent LH...
SN going bust opens thé back door of LH home for competition and was an opportunity for cheap belgian taxpayer money to keep that back door closed.
That's thé situation in march and now !

Thé risk of going bust was a sole decision of Germany ;)

So all thé rest you may think isn't not thé real fact...

Why isn't LH refunding ?
Still need some money of LH from march 2020 and SN from september 2020...

Every airline situation is unique ? Really ?
Do you read andre's daily Corona updates ??

For me all airlines are in thé same shitty situation now but some do Care for thé future customers and others simply don't !
But we can choose who to fly in thé future ;)

The cheapest, thé one we trust or thé ones that survived...
You need customers and/or state aid to survive..

It's hard but you have to think about your Future customers no ?

CXB

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Boavida wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 20:49 It seems you all forgot in what position SN was after March 2020. It was even uncertain if the company would survive!

Would LH let them go?
Would the government nationalize?
Would the government bail out?

The future of SN was highly uncertain at that time. This certainly added to the fact that refunds took a long time.

Btw, about this lack of information or replies from SN during this period. Like I said: I received at least 3 extensive mails from SN explaining the situation and confirming me I would certainly get refunded. And in the end the money appeared on my bank account.

Obviously other airlines could do it faster but every airline situation is unique.
And??? Brussels airlines is kept artificially alive with taxpayers money and at the same time they are withholding money from the same people who, temporarily, saved them.
One thing is SN asking their customers to provide a free loan, another thing is using tricks and white lies to keep the money. Some friends are waiting for important sums, they need the money as badly as SN.
I have 5 tickets which haven’t been refunded, despite emails promising refunds months ago.
And please don’t start about the 50€ extra when you accept a voucher, these vouchers are only usable via the call center which charges more than 50€ extra compared to the website.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines Airbus A333 OO-SFP performing flight EW1278 from Frankfurt to Windhoek (Namibia) on 25 March rejected takeoff at low speed. The aircraft vacated the runway at the third available exit about 700 meters down the runway and returned to the apron. The crew indicated a computer problem. The aircraft was able to depart 110 minutes later.

More details: http://avherald.com/h?article=4e4ee86e&opt=0
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

SN flights to Africa now seem to be operated quite regularly again. Does anyone know their current load factor?

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

They are doing OK on African flights. Around 170-200 pax per rotation, sometimes full flights + good cargo loads.
They can be grateful to their African ops, because forward bookings are terrible on European side, even for this summer.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Darjeeling wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 14:46
They can be grateful to their African ops, because forward bookings are terrible on European side, even for this summer.
Most likely the case for every airline, except where governments have given perspectives (i.e. those who have high vaccination rates, so nowhere in the EU, I guess :? ).

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Are they begging for their next round of cash infusion yet?

I don't feel much sympathy for SN.
When I worked there, I was treated poorly by colleagues and middle management, earned peanuts and was under-appreciated until I dropped my notice and gave them the finger.
I felt like I was a civil servant in a forgotten branch of government, kept together by lanyards with the logo on them to make you feel like you belonged to something special, like a herd of sheep who wear their bells with pride.
Like me, most talent has moved on.
Most of us who have moved on are now earning multiples of our salaries at SN, being respected and appreciated for what we do. Some even working for big names in respectable positions that would make a SN CEO jealous.

This pandemic has exposed the airline for what it is.
Having Brussels Airlines on your resume is fast becoming a bad thing, because withholding refunds is not good faith. Lots of people now have a bad memory of trying to get refunds from SN, including HR people at many companies.
It may not be your fault, and yet you belong to the same entity, so you represent the same thing in their minds.

Airline jobs are cyclical. Working for SN is fine if you're young and craving adventure, but if you're trying to build a career, I can't recommend it. Too much risk for too little reward. You won't become rich working for them, their pay is poverty level for all but a few.

Time to return some expiring leases, shrink, regroup and reinvent itself.
Get rid of entire middle and upper management, start fresh with people who prioritize mutual respect and competence over favors and internal friendships. People managers who understand that a company is one team, not winners and losers based on who best kisses your behind. The company has to stop behaving like a semi-public entity, start behaving like a start-up with something to prove.

Otherwise, you might as well rename it Alibelgium, because they would be going no-where.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Darjeeling wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 14:46 They are doing OK on African flights. Around 170-200 pax per rotation, sometimes full flights + good cargo loads.
Africa is saving SN 8-) . But it's porbably the case for KLM and Air France. And probably for many carriers based in Ukraine, Russia or Poland which are curently operating lots of flights to East Africa
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873