2021 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ostair

Re: 2021 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by ostair »

Question to our LGG friends.
is LGG a new training ground for Belgian customs?? Is every packet from China inspected?

I have a package worth 4 Euro still in transit from the beginning of December at LGG because there is no invoice...
When arriving at BRU these packages didn't see any customs at all.

With package still in transit/customs can any help? Normally if there is no invoice then BPOST sends a letter to clear this out.
Packages less than 22 Euro are still free of charge...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

We talk about 500 millions parcels in 2020...
Would be interesting to understand how they work
Your situation isnt rare but given the volume its maybe just bad luck "russian roulette"...
It seems it can get stuck up to 4-5 weeks
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

2020 Was A Record Year For Liege Airport !

https://cargotrends.in/news/2020-was-a- ... ge-airport

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

ostair

Post by ostair »

Acid-drop wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 16:56 We talk about 500 millions parcels in 2020...
Would be interesting to understand how they work
Your situation isnt rare but given the volume its maybe just bad luck "russian roulette"...
It seems it can get stuck up to 4-5 weeks
Thanks for the info.
Parcel is released thanks to Bpost Liege.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Cloudy skies above Liege Airport ?
China Likely To Nationalise Jack Ma's Alibaba And Ant Group !

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/st ... rts/370226

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

SR20 wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 12:23 Cloudy skies above Liege Airport ?
China Likely To Nationalise Jack Ma's Alibaba And Ant Group !

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/st ... rts/370226
Why cloudy sky's?
Alibaba will not disappear!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

China might just buy the whole province of Liège, thats the only risk i see :roll:
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

A new ring road around the airport is currently built
https://www.grace-hollogne.be/ma-commun ... c68285.pdf

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Fedex will reduce activity in LGG, 670 jobs from the 1700 could be lost
https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 27dfaa5075
https://www.lecho.be/entreprises/servic ... 78253.html

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Very bad news for LGG, sorry to hear and read this.
It's like a deja vu of DHL at BRU many years ago. We can see the same here. Jobs lost and majority of the flights abroad. Going from 40 to only 15 is really a lot. This is now at the scale of DHL at BRU.
Cutting the wings of the main cargo operator has a big consequence

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Possibly bad but maybe not
The growth is massive and many companies hire everyday
There is chance those people find another job soon, fingers crossed.
Lets hope it doesnt break the positive trend... i dont know how other operators were counting on TNT's network
But its a fact that LGG always prioritized old operators, so now there is more space for others.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

"Nous avons passé en revue tous les scénarios, les capacités de pistes, le nombre de mouvements endéans certaines plages horaires, le nombre de parkings disponibles, les capacités de tri sur Paris et Liège, etc.", insiste Muls

The well known capacity issue during some hours might be a valid good reason to not expand LGG...
Many plans were made to correct that... too slow ?

Regarding the jobs lost, 130 positions could be found in other companies very quickly it seems

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Aéroports de Paris (which operates CDG and Orly) owns 25% of Liège Airport. Conflict of interest in the FedEx issue?

There will be a Board meeting tomorrow at Liège airport. It could be contentious!
André
ex Sabena #26567

longwings

Post by longwings »

I wonder what these integration issues FedEx is complaining about are. If they are still experiencing significant difficulties absorbing TNT into FedEx 5 years after the acquisition, I wouldn’t fault FedEx for looking for a different solution, such as moving more volume to an unaffected platform.

CDG also has the undeniable advantage of more passenger long haul flights to carry packages in the hold where FedEx planes do not go. It is not a coincidence that most of its hubs outside the US are located at large international airports. After all FedEx did not hide that its main interest in TNT was the road network…

Still FedEx seemed to be adding flights to LGG until recently, so this comes as a surprise.
sn26567 wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 22:55 Aéroports de Paris (which operates CDG and Orly) owns 25% of Liège Airport. Conflict of interest in the FedEx issue?
Conflict of interests how? Did the ADP board members somehow block measures that would have benefited FedEx? Did they gain confidential information about airport charges and the likes and used it to make FedEx a better offer?

SR20

Post by SR20 »

And then Liege flew from heaven to hell !

https://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20210122_ ... DC9911B7EF

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Acid-drop wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 21:54 The well known capacity issue during some hours might be a valid good reason to not expand LGG...
Many plans were made to correct that... too slow ?
Not sure what "well known" issues you're talking about...
Rush hour at night are indeed busy but it would be the same at any other place, even worse in big hubs.
It looks like the plan has always been to develop Paris and Koln, no space for LGG in between unfortunately.