Austria want to set minimum fare of 40 euros for airline tickets

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Deejay

Austria want to set minimum fare of 40 euros for airline tickets

Post by Deejay »

What do you guys think of this austrian idea of a minimum ticket price ? populist idea, or rather intelligent protection ?
Last edited by Deejay on 14 Jun 2020, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

Deejay wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 14:56 What do you guys think of this austrian idea of a minimum ticket price ? populist idea, or rather intelligent protection ?
An absolutely useless green idea. Easy to circumvent. Example: Ryanair sells a ticket for 40 euros from Vienna to Barcelona, but offers free baggage and meal onboard.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

sn26567 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 16:40
Deejay wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 14:56 What do you guys think of this austrian idea of a minimum ticket price ? populist idea, or rather intelligent protection ?
An absolutely useless green idea. Easy to circumvent. Example: Ryanair sells a ticket for 40 euros from Vienna to Barcelona, but offers free baggage and meal onboard.
I like your thinking, bro. :D

Matt

Post by Matt »

And somehow this guy doesn't work for Ryanair. Marvelous thinking

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

A plane is never filled with only 5,99 euro tickets..

These are promo's which every firm tries to get attention.
They are there yes but try to find one to your destination and date at choice, so stop wining about those fares...

But yes there is a strong need for a fair job, taxes, ecology,.. let's say (european controlled ) rules...

And with these (!) fair rules a fair ticket fare will follow naturally.... NATURALLY ..
So we can see still 5,99 euro flights but with happy customers and hopefully happier employees :)

And besides mister JAF pilot who are you to Point to people with their strange day europe trips..
It are these people which pays your ,to big? , salary in the end... ( Cheap fares are fun sometimes,like buying/finding a nice piece of clothing cheap, but if you don't Care about such things Well maybe your earning too much haha )
Besides it's your ! boss which set those to you silly fares in the beginning, no..

And pure economally... What's the difference in aviation between a 5,99 euro and a 40 euro ticket ?
Really ? Because it's my guess both don't cover the real expenses ;)
So what are you talking about...

And OH yes I'll do those strange daytrips myself also, even with JAF ;)

If so ... Please put these rules to everything then basic prices for coke, water,electricity,gas , Alibaba things...

Well a reply available in two topics... That's cheap..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Ansett wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 22:16
737MAX wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 21:43
Wait... I thought politics should be avoided here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
And by the way, do you travel with a piece of luggage when you do your strange "day" trips around Europe?

Everybody knows 5,99€ tickets are completely nuts, somebody pays for that and it's most of the times the employee.
But who cares as long as you still pay peanuts for your ticket... right? :?

I think a minimum of 40€ is still *very* cheap. Especially at VIE...
I fully agree. Flying for x euro under forty to BCN, VCE or ROM is absolutely ludicrous.
A minimum price of 40 euros one way is far too cheap. I expected (seriously) at least double that price.
LCC and the forerunner of all of them in Europe have managed to circumvent legislation on subsidies, to lie (we fly to Brussels when it was CRL), to blackmail regional airports and to treat their staff like dirt !!!
I'm proud that I have never set foot in an aircraft of one of these LCC and I never managed to get a LCC-similar fare on a legacy carrier (the low fares advertised were never available on the day or at the time of the day that I wanted to fly). I'd rather fly less, but with an airline with a minimum of ethics and decent wages and working conditions.
(Shouldn't we start a separate thread on this subject ?).

@ cathay belgium ; what if you were a cashier at Colruyt, had to buy your own uniform and had to work for peanuts so that the retailer can sell its goods at very low prices and attract even more customers who will make him richer because of the huge volume of business. Apply the Ryanair (let's call a spade a spade) model to the sector in which you are working and I wonder if you will be happy.
Indeed, most legacy airlines' promotion fares at least have the decency to cover the cost of airport taxes. They're still promotion fares for which the losses can be regarded as marketing costs, but without being insanely low like certain LCC's put them on the market. And indeed those fares are very very hard to actually find - that's the whole point of them: being a nice headline add to attract people to then actually buy something more expensive. The rock-bottom ticket sales of certain airlines are well beyond that level...

No matter how much I like flying, there's something obviously wrong when you pay more for your train ticket to the airport than for your flight across Europe...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RoMax wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 22:29 No matter how much I like flying, there's something obviously wrong when you pay more for your train ticket to the airport than for your flight across Europe...
Indeed, the diabolo surcharge is a ripoff ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567