2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

Or if they do, they should at least explain it properly so the small brains understand : its not to move goods, its to move the plane.
But having a load of 110tons of stoopwafels makes a better story for sure
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

SR20 wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 17:22
Acid-drop wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 17:04 Could you elaborate the push back limitations due to the military layout ?
How can it be a problem ?

(In the country beeing a discreet bubble is sometimes the only way to grow)
As there is only one tawiway on the south side, an aircraft performing a push-back is blocking the way for other aircraft ready for taxi.
It is indeed an issue due to the development of the Northern Apron.
For departure from there on RWY 22, you need to cross the active which creates a hot spot and then risk being blocked on TWY Alpha (main apron) in case of a push back there in front of you as BraceBrace explained.

SOWAER has a project to extend the secondary RWY which will enable, being used as a taxiway, to reach the take off threshold of the main RWY 22L. See Charlie 7.
EBLG Ext Sec RWY.png

Timing undefined but must be done by the time RWY 22L-04R is closed for renovation which is to be done by 2025. Resurfacing and improved PCN.

H.A.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Acid-drop wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 16:44 I thought LGG was connected to the nato pipeline, its not enough apparently ......
The NATO pipeline does not feed EBLG directly.
The connection to the main feeder is "in the neighbourhood" though +10km away from the airport and uses a small (4-inch) pipe. This was sufficient when the place was known as Bierset Air Base but feeding a couple of squadrons, even of gas guzzling fighter jets, flying "once in a while" is nothing compared to pouring 100 tons of jet fuel into each of these several wide body freighters every day.

The secondary, back-up, pump at that pipeline pick-up point needed to be replaced but I'm not sure the tender has been awarded yet. The idea being to use the new pump as the primary and use the other as back-up (I think is it still the original one, the installation dates back +50 years).

IIRC Sowaer also had concerns about the actual depth at which the 4-inch feeder is buried and has/will issue a tender to verify and correct as needed.
Methinks that, in light of the traffic growth at EBLG, they'd better dig out the existing small pipe and place a feeder of larger dia.
Even at 50 bar upstream pressure, you can't push more than probably 1000-1500 m³ a day. That's say 800-1200 tons of jet fuel.
I don't know the on-site storage capacity but it may at times not be sufficient to compensate the limited daily supply from the pipe hence the need to supplement with tanker trucks.

H.A.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

awsome replies, thanks
They have enough to be busy i see... let's hope it doesnt slow the growth too much

Apparenly a new pipeline connection is planned with the contigency track update

https://www.sowaer.be/wp-content/upload ... ations.pdf
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 18:21
Acid-drop wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 16:44 I thought LGG was connected to the nato pipeline, its not enough apparently ......
The NATO pipeline does not feed EBLG directly.
The connection to the main feeder is "in the neighbourhood" though +10km away from the airport and uses a small (4-inch) pipe. This was sufficient when the place was known as Bierset Air Base but feeding a couple of squadrons, even of gas guzzling fighter jets, flying "once in a while" is nothing compared to pouring 100 tons of jet fuel into each of these several wide body freighters every day.

The secondary, back-up, pump at that pipeline pick-up point needed to be replaced but I'm not sure the tender has been awarded yet. The idea being to use the new pump as the primary and use the other as back-up (I think is it still the original one, the installation dates back +50 years).

IIRC Sowaer also had concerns about the actual depth at which the 4-inch feeder is buried and has/will issue a tender to verify and correct as needed.
Methinks that, in light of the traffic growth at EBLG, they'd better dig out the existing small pipe and place a feeder of larger dia.
Even at 50 bar upstream pressure, you can't push more than probably 1000-1500 m³ a day. That's say 800-1200 tons of jet fuel.
I don't know the on-site storage capacity but it may at times not be sufficient to compensate the limited daily supply from the pipe hence the need to supplement with tanker trucks.

H.A.
Pipeline pumping capacity around 1200 m3 a day.
Actual in-site storage capacity : 6030 m3

A 4th fuel tank should be built in the near future. Here are the expected new figures :
Screenshot_20200423-220939_Messenger.jpg
Fuel consumption in LGG Is already exceeding the pipeline capacity so additional fuel trucks are required to fill the local fuel tanks. In 2019 an average of 15 fuel trucks (35 000l each) each day.
With the increase of traffic, it's anticipated that 50 trucks will be required in the near future.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

impressive.
Could it be the reason of the bottleneck we see these days ? Im thinking of qatar that reduced massively the amount of flights, for the benefit of bru and mst possibly (flights lost to ams is another story, already discussed)

SR20

Post by SR20 »

It would be nice to have some feed-back and explanations from insiders, like handling agents !

SR20

Post by SR20 »

UN launches COVID-19 aid flights to vulnerable developing nations

A Boeing 757 cargo flight left Belgium’s Liege Airport on Thursday evening loaded with 16 tonnes of medical supplies, including masks, gloves, medicines and syringes for the West African country of Burkina Faso.

The other hub airports are Accra, Addis Ababa, Guangzhou, Johannesburg, Panama City, Shanghai, Subang and two in Dubai.

https://www.stattimes.com/news/wfp-acti ... logistics/

Screenshot_20200501-221001_Flightradar24.jpg

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

And suddenly ABC is back.
If anyone understands, please let us know

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

As far as I understood, there was never an issue with ABC. CargoLogic Air on the other hand suspended (=voluntarily and temporarily) operations for a while. In the meantime, it seems they decided to restart operations.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Just Planes video on YouTube:

Dubai-Liège - TNT Airways 777:

LJ

Post by LJ »

Acid-drop wrote: 06 May 2020, 09:59 And suddenly ABC is back.
If anyone understands, please let us know
Maybe a sudden influx of Chinese airlines at AMS may have something to do with it, or EK substituting its passenger aircraft for cargo aircraft at AMS (now 26 cargo flights a week)

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

How Liège Airport has kept its vitality in the face of the pandemic (ANALYZE)

If the World Health Organization (WHO) chose Liège airport alongside seven others to serve as a hub in the transport of important medical supplies to Europe, it is no coincidence: it is the sixth cargo airport in Europe and the first in Belgium.

https://translate.google.fr/translate?h ... 065118.htm
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Belt & Road Initiative: Belgium's cargo industry reignited by Chinese trade

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-18 ... index.html

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Cargo-partner adds new Liège hub to cater for air cargo growth

https://www.aircargonews.net/freight-fo ... go-growth/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Due to a debt dispute with airport authorities, all El Al cargo flights have been suspended until further notice.

Bernie747

Post by Bernie747 »

sdbelgium wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 13:53 Due to a debt dispute with airport authorities, all El Al cargo flights have been suspended until further notice.
Dear SD Belgium ! No debt from El Al to LGG. If you
Want to face Israeli lawyers on your way keep spreading your bullshit ...!