2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Since the begining of 2020, the 744 of Air China cargo B-2409 seems to be dedicated to the Nanchang (KHN)-Liege (LGG)-Nanchang (KHN) route, 3 times per week.

Some sources mention there are 30+ flights per week between LGG and China
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

LGG expects a slowdown due to coronavirus

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Acid-drop wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 11:43 Since the begining of 2020, the 744 of Air China cargo B-2409 seems to be dedicated to the Nanchang (KHN)-Liege (LGG)-Nanchang (KHN) route, 3 times per week.
This route seems to be suspended : according to FR24 last flight operated was on January 21st !
Last edited by SR20 on 05 Feb 2020, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Acid-drop wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 20:33 LGG expects a slowdown due to coronavirus
AirBridgeCargo cancels China cargo connections due to corona virus ! Will ASL, ETH, FDX and CAO adapt their schedule ?

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/f ... ona-virus/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Most chineese flights are suspended
Very big impact for LGG i think

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Documentary about LGG by belgian television RTBF (so in french)

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_on-n-e ... id=2603094

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 16:24 Most chineese flights are suspended
Looks like they resumed china connections heavily
(Which i find weird because nothing is solved and the slowdown is real)
Screenshot_20200229-151055_Flightradar24.jpg

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Acid-drop wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 15:15
Acid-drop wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 16:24 Most chineese flights are suspended
Looks like they resumed china connections heavily
(Which i find weird because nothing is solved and the slowdown is real)

Screenshot_20200229-151055_Flightradar24.jpg
Well, yes and no, the one thing that is most interesting for air transport is anything related to healthcare.
Especially now as there is high demand for it, and therefore air transport is ideal. How long will it take a train or a ship to bring medical supplies? They will run out well before the next shipment will come in. And in case of medication, time is even more of an essence.

In the other direction there is more demand as supply chains are broken due to the factory closures in China. The more urgent factories here need some parts supplied from China the less cost will be an issue.

This combined with a sharp decrease in belly capacity due to less pax flights towards china, make for higher demand in the full cargo segment.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

From RTBF : https://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/liege/ ... d=10445675

Coronavirus: slowdown of the Chinese cargo at Liège Airport but no concern for officials

Liège Airport has seen a slowdown in its cargo activities linked to China in recent weeks. But should we see a link with the coronavirus? Not necessarily. The answer is indeed more complex than it seems.

Measuring the effect of coronavirus on packages arriving from China is more difficult than it seems because the Chinese economy is particularly cyclical. From September to December, the cargo activity, sending parcels, experienced a significant peak. But every year, from the end of January, on the occasion of the Chinese New Year, there is a serious slowdown for a few weeks. This is currently the case, but signs of recovery are already being observed by Patrick Hollenfeltz, the managing director of ECDC, a company based in Bierset which processes packages arriving from China by plane, boat and train.

"To say that the coronavirus is solely responsible for this slowdown is premature at the moment. We are already planning a recovery in China on the side of Chinese manufacturers and logisticians. Shipments are already expected within three weeks at the train level. sea ​​containers are already being loaded at the moment and for the plane, the flow has never really been stopped, even if the quantities are a little less for the moment. has a variation of 15 pc compared to last year. Nevertheless, to say that it is the coronavirus, it would be necessary in particular to analyze that in a statistical way because we had much more stock than the year before ", he explains.

At Liège airport, the coronavirus did not bring an end to cargo air links with China. And so its director Luc Partoune is not worried. Maybe even on the contrary: "We still have planes arriving from China and we still have some that go to China, so there are still volumes that pass in both directions. It has occasionally been reduced Chinese New Year, but these are two phenomena that have been encountered. In a way, we are not worried. What we are seeing is that passenger flights will not resume for a while. In these passenger flights we put cargo. However the economy will recover in a certain way at some point and this economy will need goods so we expect more stronger growth in cargo traffic with us because we have all cargo flights here, "he said.

If the slowdown were to continue, then we could speak of a coronavirus effect.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

SR20 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 23:54 Documentary about LGG by belgian television RTBF (so in french)

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_on-n-e ... id=2603094
It was mention there that LGG became the 6th biggest cargo airport in europe, passing before LUX

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

SR20

Post by SR20 »

A cargo plane carrying 500,000 surgical masks departed from China on Friday and arrived in Belgium’s Liege Airport, where it continued on to its destination in Rome, Italy.

https://www.alizila.com/ewtp-hub-facili ... us-relief/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Companies are trying to ensure air freight routes out of mainland Europe to the US are maintained. Geodis announced this morning it is launching a four-times-a-week round-trip service next week. It will operate from Liege to Chicago, with connecting services to US and European gateways.

https://theloadstar.com/air-freight-rat ... satlantic/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Can anyone comment if Liège is overloaded these days ?
I see less and less qatar flights and some source* mention Basel is used instead of LGG and LUX.
I also see qatar flights from MST.
Is it that crowded ?
Where is the bottleneck ?

* https://skynews.ch/zivilluftfahrt/merkl ... roairport/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 22:32 Can anyone comment if Liège is overloaded these days ?
I see less and less qatar flights and some source* mention Basel is used instead of LGG and LUX.
I also see qatar flights from MST.
Is it that crowded ?
Where is the bottleneck ?

* https://skynews.ch/zivilluftfahrt/merkl ... roairport/
I think your answer is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68294
André
ex Sabena #26567