Crash Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752 Tehran-Kiev UR-PSR (08/01/2020)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Crash Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752 Tehran-Kiev UR-PSR (08/01/2020)

Post by Passenger »

Crash Ukraine Airlines PS-752 Teheran-Kiev UR-PSR (08/01/2020):

news report on the homepage here:
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ukra ... hran-iran/

Flightradar24.com trajectory:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... r#23732569

Aviation Herald:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4d1aea51&opt=0

Aviation Safety Network:
https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20200108-0

Aircraft history - Airfleets.net:
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -38124.htm

luchtzak

Re: Crashes and serious incidents/accidents in 2020

Post by luchtzak »

Lufthansa confirms that it has cancelled flight LH600/601 to Tehran (IKA) over the current events (#PS752).
The airline is evaluating the situation to decide if and when these flights could resume.

john stro

Re: Crashes and serious incidents/accidents in 2020

Post by john stro »

Lufthansa is cancelling its daily flight between Frankfurt and Tehran due to the situation in Iran. Also cancelling its next planned flight - on Saturday - to Erbil in Iraq.

Several other major airlines said on Wednesday they were re-routing flights to avoid airspace over Iraq and Iran after the Federal Aviation Administration banned U.S. carriers from the area following an Iranian missile attack on U.S.-led forces in Iraq.

luchtzak

Re: Crash Ukraine Airlines PS-752 Teheran-Kiev UR-PSR (08/01/2020)

Post by luchtzak »

ADSB-coverage around Tehran, Iran was fairly good. The chart suddenly stops recording ...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Gulf airspaces news :

Gulf Air stopped flying to Irak.

LOT Polish Airlines doesn't fly more over Iranian airspace.

Lufthansa cancel today's flight to Tehran, and doesn't fly more above Iraq nor Iran.

Egyptair, flydubai & Emirates cancel their flights to Baghdad.

UIA suspends flights to Tehran.

A few BA flights had to divert to Istanbul IST following the notice.

Air France suspended their flights to Iraq and Iran.

Air India & Air India Express flights rerouted.

Swiss is at the moment monitoring the situation.

Singapore Airlines avoids the Iranian airspace.

Qantas might soon make a stop on its Europe-Australia direct link if a rerouting happens.

PS752 news :
flyUIA social network accounts in black.

Via RT : "Crash was due to engine failure, according to airport report, but airline claims the plane was in ‘excellent condition’"

The only accident of the airline in 27 years of service, without any major incident.
Early reports state that the aircraft had a technical problem, and pilots didn't declare any emergency...
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

lucas

Post by lucas »

Iran will NOT give the black boxes to Boeing! Seems pretty strange to me, some might say they shot the aircraft down, but there were Iranians on board, so that doesn't seem logical to me. Anyone who knows why?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

lucas wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 14:35 Iran will NOT give the black boxes to Boeing! Seems pretty strange to me, some might say they shot the aircraft down, but there were Iranians on board, so that doesn't seem logical to me. Anyone who knows why?
the two countries are at war and have no diplomatic relations!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

lucas

Post by lucas »

lumumba wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 14:43
lucas wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 14:35 Iran will NOT give the black boxes to Boeing! Seems pretty strange to me, some might say they shot the aircraft down, but there were Iranians on board, so that doesn't seem logical to me. Anyone who knows why?
I know, but if you've nothing to hide, then why wouldn't you allow that the black boxes to go to the US to be read out by the manifacturer? There are also Iranian families that want an answer to the death of their beloved ones!
Iran states that the cause of the accident is to be found in engine malfunctions, but than the aircraft wouldn't explode in mid-air.

Important addition: this are just thoughts, and no political statements!

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

UIA statements.
UIA's official statement to relatives of victims of flight PS752 on January 08

UIA expresses its deepest condolences to the families of the victims of the air crash and will do everything possible to support the relatives of the victims. The airline has created a dedicated telephone numbers for relatives of passengers of Tehran-Kyiv flight PS752 on January 08, 2020 with a request to call as soon as possible by phone:

0 800 601 527 (for calls from Ukraine)

+38 044 581 50 19 (for calls from abroad)

for information and assistance.
Information on PS752 crew

With due allowance for the complexity and duration of the flight, the UR-PSR aircraft’s crew was augmented.

Flight crew comprised three pilots:

· Captain Volodymyr Gaponenko (11600 hours on Boeing 737aircraft including 5500 hours as captain);

· Instructor pilot Oleksiy Naumkin (12000 hours on Boeing 737 aircraft including 6600 hours as captain);

· First officer Serhii Khomenko (7600 hours on Boeing 737 aircraft).

“Tehran airport is anything but a simple one. Therefore, for several years UIA has been using this airport to conduct training on Boeing 737 aircraft aimed at evaluating pilots’ proficiency and ability to act in emergency cases, – noted Ihor Sosnovsky, UIA Vice President Operations. – According to our records, the aircraft ascended as high as 2400 meters. Given the crew’s experience, error probability is minimal. We do not even consider such a chance.”

Cabin crew comprised six flight attendants:

· Ihor Matkov, chief flight attendant;

· Kateryna Statnik;

· Mariia Mykytiuk;

· Valeriia Ovcharuk;

· Yuliia Solohub;

· Denys Lykhno.

UIA condoles deeply to families and friends of the passengers and the crew.

The airline introduced the Emergency Response Plan.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

lucas wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:19
lumumba wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 14:43
I know, but if you've nothing to hide, then why wouldn't you allow that the black boxes to go to the US to be read out by the manifacturer? There are also Iranian families that want an answer to the death of their beloved ones!
Iran states that the cause of the accident is to be found in engine malfunctions, but than the aircraft wouldn't explode in mid-air.

Important addition: this are just thoughts, and no political statements!
I don't think they trust each other...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Some press question the reliability of boeing planes
This scenario is worth as as much as the iranian option : quite realistic but pure speculation.

But it seems airlines like one option more...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Last edited by TLspotting on 08 Jan 2020, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Are the back boxes normally not given to an aviation authority (or eventually to the black box manufacturer) for read out, and not to a private company that is directly involved with the crash?

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

I am a regular user of Ukrainiain International Airlines, always felt safe with them, and service is actually good. A lot of new B737-800 in their fleet. If you look at the names of the passengers, nearly all are Persian, so consipracy is out of place here, why would they shoot down their own people. Sad coincidence with geo-political events. Some children on board as well, seeing from the dates, chilling ... I guess most were Iranians then transferring in Kiev to other European cities

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

eurojet wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 17:43 I am a regular user of Ukrainiain International Airlines, always felt safe with them, and service is actually good. A lot of new B737-800 in their fleet. If you look at the names of the passengers, nearly all are Persian, so consipracy is out of place here, why would they shoot down their own people.
Not conspiracy but a human error, I wouldn’t be surprised the Iranians took the 737 for an American rocket.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Are the back boxes normally not given to an aviation authority (or eventually to the black box manufacturer) for read out, and not to a private company that is directly involved with the crash?
Yes, exactly my understanding. Actually I seem to remember that the local aviation authority is always the first to receive them, under a local law reflecting ICAO regulations or recommendations; and it is up to them to share them (or not) with other parties more or less involved. Only I think the back box manufacturer will not usually be considered a prime involved party. There must be deep roots to this in ICAO rules.
Last edited by jan_olieslagers on 08 Jan 2020, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I wouldn’t be surprised the
Sorry, but could we please avoid blank speculation?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Another UIA statement.
The day of January 8, 2020, is marked with black for the time being.

Despite the airline’s employees have repeatedly undergone special training, we could never grow emotionally and psychologically strong enough to face up to such a tragedy.
Today, all our thoughts and prayers are with the passengers and crew of PS752 Tehran – Kyiv flight.

We express profound sympathy to the families and friends of the victims. We share your pain, we mourn together with you, and we remember everyone whose life was taken away in the sky of Iran.

We’ll make every effort to find out the cause of the tragedy and the families of the passengers and crew get all the help and support they need.
UR-PSR: 167 + 9
R.I.P.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Turkish Airlines suspends all flights to Iraq and Iran until further notice.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

There's a new footage. Exactly 4 seconds before impact, there's (on both videos) the brightness, which is really increasing.