Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Johan23
Posts: 62
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Johan23 »

Strange, do you think that there are more passengers who’s flight has been cancelled due to Corona, or might it be that you are the only one? Some patience in these harsh times for aviation, is that too much to ask?

Passenger
Posts: 6899
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Passenger »

Etienne Davignon: "On Tuesday or Wednesday, Brussels Airlines will ask the Belgian governement for temporary state aid".
https://kanaalz.knack.be/nieuws/brussel ... 77387.html

nordikcam
Posts: 1074
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by nordikcam »

Johan23 wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 09:47 Strange, do you think that there are more passengers who’s flight has been cancelled due to Corona, or might it be that you are the only one? Some patience in these harsh times for aviation, is that too much to ask?
Of course I'm not the only one ! I I only compare. Nothing more...

Passenger
Posts: 6899
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Passenger »


Inquirer
Posts: 2088
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 14:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Inquirer »

Belga reports that Brussels Airlines will halt all its flights as from Friday till (at least) April 20th.

rwandan-flyer
Posts: 481
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Here is the statement. From 21 March to 19 April

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... l-19-april#

pijaleu
Posts: 273
Joined: 15 Feb 2007, 16:14
Location: Holsbeek

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by pijaleu »

As a consequence, CR9's returning to DUB (STD 11:00)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

Another consequence: Brussels Airlines requests 200 million euros from the Government to avoid bankruptcy. As Lufthansa in Germany, Swiss in Switzerland and Austrian in Austria...

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... ian-state/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer
Posts: 2088
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 14:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Inquirer »

Not really related to B.air itself, but rather Belgian aviation as a whole:

According to de Live newsfeed of De Tijd, a formal demand for public financial support has also been made by 2 other passenger airlines of our country, TUIfly and Air Belgium.
No news about Air Antwerp (yet).

User avatar
b.lufthansa
Posts: 166
Joined: 15 Sep 2008, 08:25

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by b.lufthansa »

Passenger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 10:24 Extreme agression on a SN flight:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-him.html
I am totally against this kind of agression, but fingerpointing towards a passenger like this does not solve the situation. She gave the passenger a light slap, and he responded with a heavy hit.

User avatar
Sam V
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 Oct 2008, 11:41
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Sam V »

b.lufthansa wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 13:23
Passenger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 10:24 Extreme agression on a SN flight:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-him.html
I am totally against this kind of agression, but fingerpointing towards a passenger like this does not solve the situation. She gave the passenger a light slap, and he responded with a heavy hit.
video from FB if you want to avoid the daily mail

https://www.facebook.com/10000155451399 ... 092817546/

one mail at a time did an article too
https://onemileatatime.com/flight-atten ... passenger/

sean1982
Posts: 3273
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sean1982 »

Sam V wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 18:03
b.lufthansa wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 13:23
Passenger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 10:24 Extreme agression on a SN flight:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-him.html
I am totally against this kind of agression, but fingerpointing towards a passenger like this does not solve the situation. She gave the passenger a light slap, and he responded with a heavy hit.
video from FB if you want to avoid the daily mail

https://www.facebook.com/10000155451399 ... 092817546/

one mail at a time did an article too
https://onemileatatime.com/flight-atten ... passenger/
I mostly agree with that article, although I still feel like hitting a pax first is a big no no

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 592
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by DeltaWiskey »

As from this year, Brussels Airlines will officially be included in the reporting of LH Group Network Airlines:

"Brussels Airlines is managed by Network Airlines as of the start of financial year 2020 and has therefore been allocated to the Network Airlines segment."

https://investor-relations.lufthansagro ... 2019-e.pdf

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 881
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 16:03 As from this year, Brussels Airlines will officially be included in the reporting of LH Group Network Airlines:

"Brussels Airlines is managed by Network Airlines as of the start of financial year 2020 and has therefore been allocated to the Network Airlines segment."

https://investor-relations.lufthansagro ... 2019-e.pdf

Nice and much awaited move !

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

Finally some time to write here something after a very hectic time. Sorry if the question was already but I had no time to read everything

On our Brucargo it is now busier than ever. Really a lot of cargo flights and even more to come. There is even lack of capacity as belly cargo felt away.
Would it not be an idea, with the free airplanes of SN, to use their A330 as cargo planes? Prices for cargo are now 5 times higher than before. This could generate really a lot of money for SN in this difficult times.
We really need more cargo planes now

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Papa is back.

I mean that OO-SFP has returned to EBBR today.

OO-SFP 20200321.png

She had flown only 4 services in early October 2019 before being based in Düsseldorf.

H.A.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 13:49 Papa is back.

I mean that OO-SFP has returned to EBBR today.

She had flown only 4 services in early October 2019 before being based in Düsseldorf.

H.A.
Not enough room for storage in Düsseldorf?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Darjeeling
Posts: 256
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Darjeeling »

Atlantis wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 12:49 Finally some time to write here something after a very hectic time. Sorry if the question was already but I had no time to read everything

On our Brucargo it is now busier than ever. Really a lot of cargo flights and even more to come. There is even lack of capacity as belly cargo felt away.
Would it not be an idea, with the free airplanes of SN, to use their A330 as cargo planes? Prices for cargo are now 5 times higher than before. This could generate really a lot of money for SN in this difficult times.
We really need more cargo planes now
I've read American Airlines is doing that with the 77W bellies at the moment. Not a bad idea, considering SN's more recent A333s have an interesting cargo payload capacity.

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 13:58
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 13:49 Papa is back.

I mean that OO-SFP has returned to EBBR today.

She had flown only 4 services in early October 2019 before being based in Düsseldorf.

H.A.
Not enough room for storage in Düsseldorf?
OO-SFP went straight to stand 174.
Gate A74 or T74? I doubt there is any border control at the end of the A Pier and there is no long haul planned for SN.

OO-SFP at A Pier.png

H.A.

FLYAIR10
Posts: 514
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 22:05

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Atlantis wrote: ↑21 Mar 2020, 12:49
Finally some time to write here something after a very hectic time. Sorry if the question was already but I had no time to read everything

On our Brucargo it is now busier than ever. Really a lot of cargo flights and even more to come. There is even lack of capacity as belly cargo felt away.
Would it not be an idea, with the free airplanes of SN, to use their A330 as cargo planes? Prices for cargo are now 5 times higher than before. This could generate really a lot of money for SN in this difficult times.
We really need more cargo planes now
I've read American Airlines is doing that with the 77W bellies at the moment. Not a bad idea, considering SN's more recent A333s have an interesting cargo payload capacity.
I was thinking the same. What would be the maximum theoretical capacity of the 'new' A333's on let's say BRU-Monrovia or BRU-Kinshasa? Would it be about 40 tons cargo payload? (non-stop)

Post Reply