Air Belgium in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Air Belgium in 2020

Post by Acid-drop »

My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Almost seems that KF is flying more during covid times then before covid times :-)

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Surely not, all the planes were used before COVID ( ACMI and regular)
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 02 May 2020, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

According to EASA guidelines for transport of cargo in the cabin on passengerseats, the boxes are not allowed to extend above the seatback.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Nice job, Air Belgium !

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

by SR20 » 30 Apr 2020, 16:58
Another flight with OO-ABE is planned from Liege to Hong-Kong on May 3rd. Back to Liege on May 4th.
It seems the flight between LGG and Hong-Kong did not happen.
On the other hand as per FR24, OO-ABE is currently performing an SLM flight between AMS and Paramaribo, and back I presume...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Dear Air Belgium Traveller,

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Good news! Belgium has started its lockdown exit process. Considering the initial steps of the lockdown exit along the recent communications from the Belgian Government, we are looking forward to the possibility to resume our scheduled flight operations.

Nonetheless, the relaunch of our flight program shall be accompanied by specific new reinforced sanitary measures decided by Air Belgium to ensure the optimized protection of all our passengers and employees.

As we previously announced, we are still hopeful to resume our service to the French West Indies as from the 3rd of June 2020. This being said and although things are gently clearing up from the Belgian side, we remain, like any other airline, subject to the reopening of the destination airports and their acceptance of flights bound from Europe. We must also ascertain the measures for allowing international travellers and tourists welcome.

To this end, we are constantly in touch with the concerned Regions and airports and we are anxiously awaiting their decisions and plans that they have yet to communicate to us. It is upon review of all these elements that we will be able to ascertain and reconfirm the exact date on which our flights will resume.

We will communicate further and let you know such a date within the next few days and inform you about the sanitary program that are being implemented in order to safely resume our operations.

We thank you for your understanding and for your trust.

Our services remain at your disposal for any questions you may have.

The Air Belgium team
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

TLspotting wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:09
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Good news! Belgium has started its lockdown exit process. Considering the initial steps of the lockdown exit along the recent communications from the Belgian Government, we are looking forward to the possibility to resume our scheduled flight operations. Nonetheless, the relaunch of our flight program shall be accompanied by specific new reinforced sanitary measures decided by Air Belgium to ensure the optimized protection of all our passengers and employees. As we previously announced, we are still hopeful to resume our service to the French West Indies as from the 3rd of June 2020. This being said and although things are gently clearing up from the Belgian side, we remain, like any other airline, subject to the reopening of the destination airports and their acceptance of flights bound from Europe. We must also ascertain the measures for allowing international travellers and tourists welcome. To this end, we are constantly in touch with the concerned Regions and airports and we are anxiously awaiting their decisions and plans that they have yet to communicate to us. It is upon review of all these elements that we will be able to ascertain and reconfirm the exact date on which our flights will resume. We will communicate further and let you know such a date within the next few days and inform you about the sanitary program that are being implemented in order to safely resume our operations.
The Air Belgium team
I hope this is just a press release to show their FB fans that they are still alive. Because seriously: flying tourists to Martinique/Guadeloupe as from 3th June? They can't believe that themselves. Or do they, Thibault?

It doens't look good at all for the summer. French president Macron was interviewed about the (French) summer holidays just today: "...Enfin, sur les vacances d'été, le président n'a fermé aucune porte. «On n'a pas gagné la bataille contre le virus, il est toujours là, on l'a ralenti. Si on est tous responsables, on y arrivera. Il est trop tôt pour dire si on pourra avoir des vacances», a-t-il lancé précisant juste qu'il fallait d'ores et déjà «éviter les déplacements internationaux». Pour la possibilité de se déplacer en France durant ces vacances, il a assuré qu'on le saurait «début juin. Il faut avoir cette part d'espoir», a-t-il conclu appelant pour cela chacun à la «responsabilité»...."

http://www.leparisien.fr/politique/visi ... 311110.php

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

In a personal way, I know that it might be kind of difficult.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

They are lucky those 2 dst are in france.
Because who will take the risk to go to a subdevelopped country and get sick there.
But still. I wouldnt fly right now. Who would ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

I have serious doubts that AB will restart on 3 June (and who to carry on ? Passengers who are not allowed to leave the country ?).

I would eye more mid June or end June, not earlier.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

737MAX wrote: 05 May 2020, 19:35
Acid-drop wrote: 05 May 2020, 19:07 But still. I wouldnt fly right now. Who would ?
Educated people who understand hygiene rules & principles.
First hygiene rule: Social distance 1,5m. Good luck with that in Cattle Class. There was a proposal to keep the middle seat empty (in 3-row configuration), but Ryanair already rejected that.

- - -

For long haul, IATA has given a prognosis in their Economics Charter of the Week, 17th April:
Q3: Recovery in domestic markets, slow international recovery, recession.
Q4: Recovery in domestic, 50% recovery international markets, recession.
https://www.iata.org/en/iata-repository ... o-be-slow/

My bet: if Air Belgium is still alive in 4Q, their A340's will not be flying to Martinique/Guadeloupe. They'll be flying charters and ad hocs.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Acid-drop wrote: 05 May 2020, 19:07 They are lucky those 2 dst are in france.
Because who will take the risk to go to a subdevelopped country and get sick there.
Some people still do lockdown party, do you thing this "people" would stay home if the have the possibility to travel?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Acid-drop wrote: 05 May 2020, 19:07 They are lucky those 2 dst are in france.
Educated people. I'm waiting for going to Cuba...60 muertos. I guess I know what to do...Right now AF canceled the flight of 16 of june. So I wait for flying quickly when possible. And I did'nt ask AF for my money...:-)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

nordikcam wrote: 05 May 2020, 20:01 ...I'm waiting for going to Cuba...60 muertos. I guess I know what to do...Right now AF canceled the flight of 16 of june. So I wait for flying quickly when possible. And I did'nt ask AF for my money...:-)
French president Macron has given the answer today for "quickly": it's a no:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Eduacted people who enjoy the statistics of a russian roulette. Have fun without me ;)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 05 May 2020, 20:17
nordikcam wrote: 05 May 2020, 20:01 ...I'm waiting for going to Cuba...60 muertos. I guess I know what to do...Right now AF canceled the flight of 16 of june. So I wait for flying quickly when possible. And I did'nt ask AF for my money...:-)
French president Macron has given the answer today for "quickly": it's a no:
This source is far from being of quality ... a kind of DH ... Macron says white and his Prime Minister black the next day (remember the episode of compulsory quarantine). Everything is too early! Sorry we are far away from KF...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

737MAX wrote: 05 May 2020, 20:37
Passenger wrote: 05 May 2020, 20:17 French president Macron has given the answer today for "quickly": it's a no:
Bullshit again. The article says Macron thinks it's too early to decide.
And he probably said that because he's not the only one to decide about this sector...
Another sad example of the sad attitude by some people who are on this forum, mainly to defend the interest of their employer. If they don't like the message, they shoot the messenger.

No, let's remain serious please. When the president of France says something like that, it's not a slip of the tongue. He was briefed that the question would come. The answer was planned. No long haul out of France this summer: ...précisant juste qu'il fallait d'ores et déjà éviter les déplacements internationaux. And you expect these French citizens to come to CRL? Forget it.

And is IATA then wrong too? They predict only 50% recovery of long haul in 4Q-2020. 50% Recovery: that's too little loadfactor for a 340, a 767, a 787, a 330. That's bad news for Air Belgium, that's bad news for TUI's long haul, that's bad news for Brussels Airlines' long haul.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Passenger wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:53
TLspotting wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:09
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Good news! Belgium has started its lockdown exit process. Considering the initial steps of the lockdown exit along the recent communications from the Belgian Government, we are looking forward to the possibility to resume our scheduled flight operations. Nonetheless, the relaunch of our flight program shall be accompanied by specific new reinforced sanitary measures decided by Air Belgium to ensure the optimized protection of all our passengers and employees. As we previously announced, we are still hopeful to resume our service to the French West Indies as from the 3rd of June 2020. This being said and although things are gently clearing up from the Belgian side, we remain, like any other airline, subject to the reopening of the destination airports and their acceptance of flights bound from Europe. We must also ascertain the measures for allowing international travellers and tourists welcome. To this end, we are constantly in touch with the concerned Regions and airports and we are anxiously awaiting their decisions and plans that they have yet to communicate to us. It is upon review of all these elements that we will be able to ascertain and reconfirm the exact date on which our flights will resume. We will communicate further and let you know such a date within the next few days and inform you about the sanitary program that are being implemented in order to safely resume our operations.
The Air Belgium team
I hope this is just a press release to show their FB fans that they are still alive. Because seriously: flying tourists to Martinique/Guadeloupe as from 3th June? They can't believe that themselves. Or do they, Thibault?

It doens't look good at all for the summer. French president Macron was interviewed about the (French) summer holidays just today: "...Enfin, sur les vacances d'été, le président n'a fermé aucune porte. «On n'a pas gagné la bataille contre le virus, il est toujours là, on l'a ralenti. Si on est tous responsables, on y arrivera. Il est trop tôt pour dire si on pourra avoir des vacances», a-t-il lancé précisant juste qu'il fallait d'ores et déjà «éviter les déplacements internationaux». Pour la possibilité de se déplacer en France durant ces vacances, il a assuré qu'on le saurait «début juin. Il faut avoir cette part d'espoir», a-t-il conclu appelant pour cela chacun à la «responsabilité»...."

I agree with you bcs from where they want to fly? Brussels South informed today that they are hoping in opening the airport the earliest as from 8th June. But they are not sure.
So why Air Belgium is not communicating with their home airport? Free publicity?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

737MAX wrote: 06 May 2020, 08:37 ...
Any reasonable airline is not going to publish on it's facebook "oooh dear passengers, we are not going to fly this summer because leparisien says Macron is not sure yet".
People want sensational info nowadays; they don't care about accuracy. Unfortunately.
De pot verwijt de ketel. Let's do some accuracy. I gave the link to LeParisien.fr, because they give free access to news stories. Macron was interviewed by TF1, during their midday news. I didn't gave that link because replay of the news on TF1.fr is for registered users only.

Fact: Macron's declaration is published meanwhile all over in the French and Dutch speaking press (FR, BE, NL), including Le Soir, La Libre, HLN, De Telegraaf, etc. All with the same headline. Example: RTBf: "..."Cet été, on restera entre Européens, peut-être faudra-t-il réduire un peu plus", estime Emmanuel Macron..."

So your "because leparisien says Macron is not sure yet" is extreme underestimating of the impact of what Macron said. You don't like that message, I don't like that message, my friends in the travel trade don't like that message. But when the president of France says something like that, it has an impact on aviation we have to accept. So for Air Belgium long haul, that means: the chances to restart on 3th June are Contador' cero cero cero...