Ryanair (Holdings) in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Ryanair (Holdings) in 2020

Post by TLspotting »

Lauda took delivery of two A320s, serial 4603 and 5140, both on lease.

Ryanair Group CEO Michael O’Leary denied there is active discussions with Airbus on an aircraft order, although he is open to talks if “the price is right.”
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Inquirer wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 08:37
They must be suffering from the 737 fiasco as they are reportedly soon going to shrink their fleet (old planes leaving, new ones not arriving), so they have to cut somewhere.

The 737 woes and the related capacity cut could mean that Ryanair will suffer a little bit less from the Corona crisis than their competitors.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Ryanair launches £19.99 rescue fares for Flybe customers

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/flyb ... customers/

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Lauda to suspend Vienna - Bologna & Vienna - Bergamo following Austrian gov measures, to last 2 weeks.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Ryanair suspends all Italian flights to 8 April as Government extends restrictions to all Italy

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryan ... all-italy/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair advised that it will lower its fiscal 2020 passenger target by 3 million from 154 million to 151 million This is a direct result of the suspension of all Ryanair flights to/from Italy, between 13 March and 8 April, in response to the Italian Government’s “lockdown”.
André
ex Sabena #26567

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Ryanair Group expects all of its flights to be grounded until the end of May

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-ryanai ... nd-of-may/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair Holdings expects to report pre-exceptional FY20 Profit After Tax of around €900 million which is at the lower end of its previously announced guidance. Fuel hedge loss will amount to an exceptional charge of approximately €300 million.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Looks like Ryanair is very strong financially in this crisis they are not making noise and not asking for money!

I would be impressed if they could get out of this without help from no one.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Rumour that Ryanair is to leave Weeze from W20/21.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lauda transfers all its Vienna slots to parent Ryanair as Lauda unions are expected to consent to the new collective agreement, putting 560 jobs at risk.
André
ex Sabena #26567

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

The CEO of Ryanair went on BBC this morning to defend his company against claims it holds on to the money of millions of its passengers who are waiting for reimbursement of their unusable tickets.

He stated his company normally receives about 10,000 requests for refund (per month?), has doubled administrative capacity in its HQ to cope with the increase in demand for reimbursement, but that right now up to 25M people are demanding such a refund from his airline, so that it can take up to half a year for those to be processed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52498691

I remember the heathed discussion of a couple of weeks ago on this very issue in a topic related to Brussels Airlines alone, yet clearly it is a very widespread issue instead...

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Inquirer wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:13 The CEO of Ryanair went on BBC this morning to defend his company against claims it holds on to the money of millions of its passengers who are waiting for reimbursement of their unusable tickets.

He stated his company normally receives about 10,000 requests for refund (per month?), has doubled administrative capacity in its HQ to cope with the increase in demand for reimbursement, but that right now up to 25M people are demanding such a refund from his airline, so that it can take up to half a year for those to be processed.

I remember the heathed discussion of a couple of weeks ago on this very issue in a topic related to Brussels Airlines alone, yet clearly it is a very widespread issue instead...
Apples and pears my dear friend!
Refunds are processed at Ryanair, albeit with up to 6 months delay, whilst SN doesn’t give you the possibility to ask for a refund... big difference.
Poiu wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 12:24 I do understand they are busy and have other priorities for the moment and that a refund can take some time.
However SN doesn’t allow me to ask for a refund.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Oh, please not again.. :roll:

You CAN ask for a refund from Brussels Airlines. I have been refunded by them for all my planned flights in March for instance. It will however take time, like as good as everywhere else, because every airline is simpy overwhelmed with these demands as this report gives a good idea of.

FWIW- at the current pace of 20,000 handled files per month, it will take Ryanair 104 years to clear its current backlog which is said to be growing at a faster pace than it can handle requests, so the estimation of up to 6 months is very optimistic still. :shock:

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Inquirer wrote: 01 May 2020, 13:58
You CAN ask for a refund from Brussels Airlines. I have been refunded by them for all my planned flights in March for instance. It will however take time
So let’s stop the discussion then: please provide us with the way to ask for a refund from Brussels Airlines! The website says you can ask for a refund, but when clicking refund in manage my booking, the only option is a voucher.
I already asked you several times, but you have always answered with insults or rolling eyes...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Inquirer wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:13 The CEO of Ryanair went on BBC this morning to defend his company against claims it holds on to the money of millions of its passengers who are waiting for reimbursement of their unusable tickets. He stated his company normally receives about 10,000 requests for refund (per month?), has doubled administrative capacity in its HQ to cope with the increase in demand for reimbursement, but that right now up to 25M people are demanding such a refund from his airline, so that it can take up to half a year for those to be processed.
Poiu wrote: 01 May 2020, 12:56 Refunds are processed at Ryanair, albeit with up to 6 months delay, whilst SN doesn’t give you the possibility to ask for a refund... big difference.
Legislation is quite simple: "full refund within 7 days".

Both Brussels Airlines and Ryanair don't do that. No problem - I understand that this pandemy is a bigger calamity then 9/11. But airlines shouldn't do that with false excuses. Ryanair says that they have "doubled administrative capacity in its HQ" (cfr BBC). That's nonsense. They could multiply the refunds department by factor 10. But I understand why they don't: they want to keep their refunds staff busy till business restarts.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Poiu wrote: 01 May 2020, 14:39
Inquirer wrote: 01 May 2020, 13:58
You CAN ask for a refund from Brussels Airlines. I have been refunded by them for all my planned flights in March for instance. It will however take time
So let’s stop the discussion then: please provide us with the way to ask for a refund from Brussels Airlines! The website says you can ask for a refund, but when clicking refund in manage my booking, the only option is a voucher.
I already asked you several times, but you have always answered with insults or rolling eyes...
No sir, you haven't asked me for that several times and I certainly didn't insult you with rolling eyes; you just piece together your reality as you go along, not only on the refund issue.

The refund was done so via my company's travel agency BDC travel and the non-used flights were invoiced back to us? Nothing particularly special about having it done, in fact; https://www.bcdtravel.com/be
I can confirm you they are refunding; you'll just have to be patient, which is understandable.
Give them a phone call or try via facebook, would be my advice in case you haven't gone through an agency.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Gentlemen,
Ladies,

This is a trying time for pretty much any- and everybody.
I'd like to call on your sense of decency to refrain from making personal insults and stay on topic.
If you'd like to continue hurling insults each other's way, please do so via private message.
Personal insults, taking the man out, etc. will not be tolerated.
Compared to others, we are a VERY open forum, and tolerate a lot, sometimes more than would be deemed acceptable, all in the name of discussion.
We have our limits as well.
Don't push that limit.
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair Group reports April 2020 passengers down 99.6% to 0.04 million.
André
ex Sabena #26567