Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.
Moderator: Latest news team
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 22:05
The corona crisis sometimes provides for extraordinary itineraries due to the shortage of cargo aircraft.
TUIfly Belgium B787 OO-LOE is currently flying over the Indian Ocean between Seoul Incheon (ICN/RKSI) and La Réunion (RUN/FMEE) as JAF8504! The origin of the cargo was Guangzhou.
Here is some additional info on this flight including pics.
The plane carried some 1.5 million face masks from Guangzhou,China via Seoul to Saint-Denis,La réunion Island.
https://twitter.com/airplusnews/status/ ... 55617?s=20
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 17 Apr 2015, 10:59
TUI and Boeing finally reach a comprehensive agreement to resolve the MAX grounding impact. No exact figures mentioned as it's confidential but here are some highlights.
- Large part of the financial impact incurred will be compensated over the next two years
- New agreement on the delivery schedule allows more flexible fleet planning in times of the pandemic
- New deliveries are postponed by an average of two years (also reduced to 61 iso 70-ish initially ordered)
- Reduced investments in aircraft and reduced financing requirements for TUI for the coming years
- Agreement strengthens liquidity of TUI Group
See full press release : https://www.tuigroup.com/en-en/media/pr ... -agreement
- Posts: 449
- Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46
Thanks for posting the info, JamesD!
I wonder if the MAX10 order is still in the books for TUIFly Belgium.