BRU Winter 2020-2021: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ZavCity

Re: BRU Winter 2020-2021: news, new routes, airlines

Post by ZavCity »

Hi
Allthough DRC is on the blacklist they can allways make an exception for 1 dedicated plane..Possible here, it's an ex AEA plane BUT CAA has no plans yet to fly to Europe, first domestic, than JNB..
gtz
paul

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

"Premier avion long-courrier de la compagnie, flyCAA mise sur son rayon d’action et sa capacité (jusqu’à 250 sièges) pour soutenir ses ambitions de croissance. La compagnie entend, en effet, construire un solide réseau africain et se déployer sur des routes internationales, notamment vers Bruxelles en Belgique.

Mais pour le moment, flyCAA ne peut prétendre desservir le vieux continent, car inscrite – comme toutes les compagnies aériennes immatriculées en République démocratique du Congo (RDC) – sur la liste noire de l’Union européenne (UE). Cette possibilité ne peut être envisagée qu’à condition que l’appareil soit réimmatriculé dans un autre pays non blacklisté par l’UE avec un équipage expatrié. Si cette condition est remplie, le transporteur viendra alors briser le monopole de longue date détenu par Brussels Airlines sur le corridor Kinshasa – Bruxelles."
https://www.agenceecofin.com/transports ... s-a330-200

So confirmed that it wants to launch to Brussels and the airline HAS to reregister it somewhere else to fly it to Europe.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Air Algérie delays restart to BRU on 1 March.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Famous CNN journalist Richard Quest is currently in Rwanda. According to his Twitter page, he made a stop at Brussels.

I guess he has flown from Wahsginton to Brussels with United and then to Kigali with Brussels Airlines

Heading to #rwanda tonight via BRU. Coming face to face with the complexities of covid intl travel. Tests within 120 hrs, sworn statements, health declarations for both Brussels & Rwanda. It is very challenging to find the exact info.
Morning from Brussels. Shame to biz lounge closed, even for sitting in. Ahh well can always make myself comfy somewhere.
All documents
Coche blanche en gras
six hour layover. Trying to eat well on this trip. Ooh the last Belgian waffles...... no. Be strong quest.
Last edited by sn26567 on 12 Feb 2021, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the tweets visible with the [tweet]...[/tweet] command
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

TLspotting wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 20:55 No SIA this winter :

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/sing ... ober-2020/
Arnaud Feist, CEO of BRU, said this morning on LN24 that the route is even cancelled (so worse than purely postponed).