World Airline Awards: SN deteriorating

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Jetter

World Airline Awards: SN deteriorating

Post by Jetter »

The World Airline Awards 2019 are presented. LH-group results:
LH: 9
LX: 13
EW: 63
SN: 79 (down from 74)

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/worl ... ines-2019/

How is it possible that SN ranks so low and even below EW when LH is known to pay Skytrax for ‘consultancy services’? Is LH intentionally trying to drag SN down to justify integration in to EW or is SN really that much worse than other European airlines? I know SN staff lag a little behind when it comes to motivation (maybe rooted in the Sabena days) but otherwise my experiences with SN aren’t such that they would justify the lowest rank among European flag carriers. And even if a low ranking was fair I noticed improvement rather then deterioration. Is LH to blame here or are my personal experiences not representive of the overall SN customer experience?

Poiu

Re: World Airline Awards: SN deteriorating

Post by Poiu »

Jetter wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 05:59 Is LH intentionally trying to drag SN down to justify integration in to EW
Seriously? Come on Jetter, get a life!
Last edited by Poiu on 19 Jun 2019, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Jetter wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 05:59 The World Airline Awards 2019 are presented. LH-group results:
LH: 9
LX: 13
EW: 63
SN: 79 (down from 74)

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/worl ... ines-2019/

How is it possible that SN ranks so low and even below EW when LH is known to pay Skytrax for ‘consultancy services’? Is LH intentionally trying to drag SN down to justify integration in to EW or is SN really that much worse than other European airlines? I know SN staff lag a little behind when it comes to motivation (maybe rooted in the Sabena days) but otherwise my experiences with SN aren’t such that they would justify the lowest rank among European flag carriers. And even if a low ranking was fair I noticed improvement rather then deterioration. Is LH to blame here or are my personal experiences not representive of the overall SN customer experience?
The above is another clear example of what I posted yesterday, in the Eurowings-is-bad topic:
Passenger wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 23:39 The real insiders are gone here. Sick and tired of all the crap and all the nonsense that is posted about SN and/or LH and/or EW in almost every topic here.

AIRMARSHAL

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

Skytrax ratings are based on reviews and surveys from international travellers and industry experts.
Is there a link between SN ranking and BRU airport?
Brussels Airport is not even mentioned any more in he top 100 airport list. Does anybody know which ranking they finally got?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

My opinion of the Skytrax ratings is mitigated, to say the least. Those ratings are very subjective. An example: how can Qatar be #1 when they have the very narrow 10-abreast seating in the economy class of the B777? It looks like the ratings are based on the opinion of the happy few who can afford a luxurious Q- suite, ignoring the large majority of passengers travelling coach.

With regard to SN, I think that the many delays may have had an influence on the negative rating.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Independently from the ranking, if you look how SN performs individually on Skytrax, it isn't that bad at all: https://skytraxratings.com/airlines/bru ... nes-rating

And then, of course, the Star Alliance gets the Best Airline Alliance award.
André
ex Sabena #26567