Air Antwerp in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sonic boom

Air Antwerp in 2019

Post by sonic boom »

Apparently a new airline Air Antwerp was founded last monday

All the info is in this FB post from Travel-magazine:

https://www.facebook.com/travmag/photos ... =1&theater

TLspotting

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Deurne ?

Post by TLspotting »

sonic boom wrote: 19 May 2019, 20:18 Apparently a new airline Air Antwerp was founded last monday

All the info is in this FB post from Travel-magazine:

https://www.facebook.com/travmag/photos ... =1&theater
Well found thank you !
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Best of luck and hopefully they'll replace the F50 soon with a different type as it's hard to find spare parts ..
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

pitrixplanespotting

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

Found it (dutch) http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 317416.pdf

First I thought it was a joke, but that doesn't seems the case ;)

Nice shareholders this time, would be great to see an F50 back at ANR from a spotters view. :)
Just wondering where on the earth they are going to dig up this F50 :D

lucas

Post by lucas »

Could one of the two other destinations be Amsterdam (AMS)? As KLM is one of the two shareholders, they could codeshare on a possible morning and evening return flight ANR-AMS-ANR. Just guessing...

Or they could launch flights with an A340 to China with only half of the capacity due to the short runway at ANR, if they get their AOC within the first two years :lol:
No, just joking, I wish them all the best with their development at ANR.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

The fact that KLM is involved is very reassuring I must say. In any case a lot better than all those dodgy investors in the previous VLM projects.

Too bad they didn't choose the name VLM but I guess after all the failures in recents years the name is (sadly) 'contaminated'.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

lucas wrote: 19 May 2019, 21:45 Could one of the two other destinations be Amsterdam (AMS)? As KLM is one of the two shareholders, they could codeshare on a possible morning and evening return flight ANR-AMS-ANR. Just guessing...

Or they could launch flights with an A340 to China with only half of the capacity due to the short runway at ANR, if they get their AOC within the first two years :lol:
No, just joking, I wish them all the best with their development at ANR.
Schiphol slots are quite problematic... Greens from The Netherlands want to reduce and remove flights to Brussels... So imagine once Antwerp..., Thalys is really efficient, I took it 3 weeks ago but they have to reduce their prices to welcome more passengers.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Again that F50????!! 🥺🥺

Come on guys, come with something refreshing plz!!!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

We could have discovered the name already 7 days ago:

https://trendstop.knack.be/nl/detail/72 ... twerp.aspx

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

saratoga wrote: 19 May 2019, 22:11 Again that F50????!! 🥺🥺

Come on guys, come with something refreshing plz!!!
When you've got €61500 capital...

But well with 10 employees and no income... They have 2 months and a half to survive. Air Belgium had €10M. Quite weird coming from KLM & CityJet. Weren't they scared to see ASL Group?

PttU

Post by PttU »

lucas wrote: 19 May 2019, 21:45 Could one of the two other destinations be Amsterdam (AMS)? As KLM is one of the two shareholders, they could codeshare on a possible morning and evening return flight ANR-AMS-ANR. Just guessing...
Not sure if you're joking in that part already :P In the current erm... climate ( 8-) ) this would bring a lot of bad publicity. And although some say "there's no such thing as bad publicity", I don't think it will be a smart move.
ANR-CDG would be smarter as that train-connection is much worse, but I don't know how the KLM-AirFrance group is in this deal, or only KLM as a shareholder. CityJet is focusing on wetlease, so not much codeshare or feeding to that network.

I sincerely hope they'll re-open the ANR-LCY route, but what about the slots at LCY after the bankrupcy of VLM? Where they sold just like the F50's, and to whom? Or were they reclaimed by LCY and already filled by other routes?
Air Antwerp has its headquarters at Deurne, and its shareholders are KLM and CityJet, for a capital of €61,500, of which KLM has one third and the Irish airline two thirds.

The airline requested its AOC to the Belgian CAA, hoping to fly as from Automn 2019, using a Fokker F50, to 3 destinations, including London City Airport.
F50's are a weird choice: the ones of VLM are sold, the only reason I can see for this statement is nostalgia. Maybe the shareholders can be of assistance: CityJet has some Avro's, KLM has Embraers.
Or is turboprop so much cheaper for this route, that it would justify the F50's? (And even then: why no ATR's?)
a capital of €61,500
Isn't that really small? Or is this just to get legally started and is it expected to go up once the AOC is received? On the other hand: that's the required capital for a NV, but this is a BVBA (requiring only 18.5k).

AAI

Post by AAI »

i only guess : LCY, MAN and GVA

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

I was also wondering why they don't use ATR or CityJet or KLM aircraft, from Embraer 175 to CRJ-900...

AAI

Post by AAI »

the leasing back of an Amapola Fokker 50 will be cheaper

PttU

Post by PttU »

TLspotting wrote: 19 May 2019, 22:58 I was also wondering why they don't use ATR or CityJet or KLM aircraft, from Embraer 175 to CRJ-900...
Well... E175 and CRJ-900 have more seats, so that could be one reason to go for F50 as filling 50 seats (and covering fuel costs) would already be quite an achievement.
AAI wrote: 19 May 2019, 23:04 the leasing back of an Amapola Fokker 50 will be cheaper
I'm not sure if http://www.amapola.nu/en/air_craft_fleet.html is up-to-date: but as Amapola is mainly a freighter airline: are the ex-VLM F'50 still in a passenger configuration or are they already converted to freight?
Or did the Amapola contract for Braathens end and are those 3 F50's available?

golf1411

Post by golf1411 »

Will be expensive for spare parts... or they need a good deal with Amapola...

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Great news and the best thing is that KLM is involved. KLM will know what destinations are selling well from Belgium: Antwerp (Thalys) and from BRU airport via AMS. ZRH and LCY seem to be logical choices. They were working very well before the last bankruptcy.

At the moment I see this partnership as KLM being the platform for commercialization of the flights and Cityjet as the operating company. Don't forget Cityjet is being merged with Air Nostrum (Spain) and they have ATR72s already. I would be very surprised if we see the F50 again.

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Ah and when everyone starts liking this company, having a true identity linked to its city and country, it will be absorbed in the low cost Transavia brand :)