Air Antwerp in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Mr Frost

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Mr Frost »

does anyone know who will do the maintenance on this aircraft?

TLspotting

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Deurne ?

Post by TLspotting »

Mr Frost wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 21:24 Any idea who wil do the maintenance ?
Or is it a wet lease from anapola ?
Not wet lease I think, maybe dry lease. Because if Air Antwerp comes to ANR with Swedish crew... Let's say Amapola Flyg Antwerp then... So I think dry.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

PttU

Post by PttU »

Is it possible to get an AOC purely based on wet-leasing? There's not much "O" in AOC then. Maybe that's the reason for this one own aircraft, and the rest of the fleet will be wet-leased later?

And given the experience of the past, a 50-seater like an F50 seems like a good choice to start operations: low costs and easier to fill than 80-100 seats...

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Is it possible to get an AOC purely based on wet-leasing? There's not much "O" in AOC then.
I cannot see the point. The O stands for "operations", not for "ownership"

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 20:52
Is it possible to get an AOC purely based on wet-leasing? There's not much "O" in AOC then.

An air operator's certificate (AOC) is the approval granted by a national aviation authority (NAA) to an aircraft operator to allow it to use aircraft for commercial purposes.

convair

Post by convair »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 21:11

An air operator's certificate (AOC) is the approval granted by a national aviation authority (NAA) to an aircraft operator to allow it to use aircraft for commercial purposes.
Does SN own any of the aircraft it operates?

PttU

Post by PttU »

convair wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 23:36
Boeing767copilot wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 21:11

Does SN own any of the aircraft it operates?
Wet-leasing or ACMI includes the crew, so it's the wet-leasing company who is operating.
Ownership of the aircraft indeed is something else.

PttU

Post by PttU »

Is that a "real" AOC? That happened fast then...
Last edited by PttU on 02 Aug 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

AOC_prep.JPG
AOC_prep.JPG (55.08 KiB) Viewed 24474 times
https://twitter.com/AirAntwerp/status/1 ... 76544?s=20

Not Real

Post by Not Real »

Ansett wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 00:22 Fokker aircraft never were comfortable, but to start operations on a short flight, if the fares are ok for the route and perhaps if they offer a Business class with the seat "next to you" free, it could work.

I like te livery. At least no traditonal dull white and blue.

All the best, Air Antwerp !
Business class with empty seat next to you? You never flew VLM then... An aircraft on this route will never be more than 35-40% full, if it gets 50-60% of the seats full, it is a maximum and a big succes.
In my opinion they should buy another aircraft, and not the aircraft of VLM. A CRJ135 or 145 would be better and it would bring a really “fresh air” to the airline; now it seems to be VLM once again.

I’m curious if it will be really something different and very well planned or they will just repeat the “mistakes” of VLM. However, I can’t wait when they will start to sell the tickets! ;-)

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Not Real wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 13:31
Ansett wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 00:22 Fokker aircraft never were comfortable, but to start operations on a short flight, if the fares are ok for the route and perhaps if they offer a Business class with the seat "next to you" free, it could work.

I like te livery. At least no traditonal dull white and blue.

All the best, Air Antwerp !
Business class with empty seat next to you? You never flew VLM then... An aircraft on this route will never be more than 35-40% full, if it gets 50-60% of the seats full, it is a maximum and a big succes.
In my opinion they should buy another aircraft, and not the aircraft of VLM. A CRJ135 or 145 would be better and it would bring a really “fresh air” to the airline; now it seems to be VLM once again.

I’m curious if it will be really something different and very well planned or they will just repeat the “mistakes” of VLM. However, I can’t wait when they will start to sell the tickets! ;-)
Do you mean the EMB135/145 or a CRJ aircraft?? The EMB 135/145 is very performance limited in ANR. Former BMI Regional was operating there and pulled out after a year. Instead of a F50 i was more thinking about a Dash8.

jan_olieslagers

just repeat the “mistakes” of VLM
VLM made only one mistake: to allow CityJet to join the game. Up to there, they had been flying fine, for several years. That's what makes me fear for the new initiative: the same CityJet is again involved. Would they have learned from their past error?

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

It's probably too early to know what a ticket would cost on Air Antwerp, but how much was a ticket to London City on VLM ?

jan_olieslagers

how much was a ticket to London City on VLM ?
Check this same thread at 07 Jun 2019 05:10 :)

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 17:01
how much was a ticket to London City on VLM ?
Check this same thread at 07 Jun 2019 05:10 :)
Thanks. I must have overlooked that one. :geek:

jan_olieslagers

I've said so many times: ANR-LCY is a high yield route, something rather unusual perhaps these days. Load factors are not the prime concern. VLM operated for many years, at times with five flights per day. Good service is what counts here, above all.

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Ansett wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 20:17 I must admit that I have never followed closely the unfortunate "adventures" of VLM, because I never need to fly from or to ANR. Perhaps VLM did it or did not, but it would seem obvious to me that if you only have an average load of around 50%, you would look for a partner airline (BA ?) at LCY which could offer connections to/from a number of UK airports to try and increase your passenger load and revenue. But perhaps, KL would not like the idea (since from what I understood, they are investing in Air Antwerp). Correct me if I am wrong.
If you want them to codeshare with someone it wouldn't expect BA as KLM is a 25% shareholder in Air Antwerp. But they could cooperate with Connect Airways or whatever the renamed Flybe will be called. Connect Airways is partly owned by Virgin Atlantic and they are very close with Delta AND Air France-KLM. They are offering domestic connections from LCY at the moment to Belfast City, Edinburgh, Exeter and Jersey.

PttU

Post by PttU »

But is there a market for travelers from Antwerp (or Belgium in general) to Belfast City, Edinburgh, Exeter and Jersey, willing to pay the price of a stopover at LCY?

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

It is quite pityful to see that the biggest city of Flanders, which is so proud of its harbour, diamond industry, chemical industry, its mayor ... is not able to make even a small airport liveable; and not able to attract or establish and make survive an airline with business connections.

The peope from 't Stad(t) call the rest of Flanders the "Parking"... Quite typical for their arrogance.
The "Parking" has been subsidizing everything in 't Stad(t) for decades.
Thanks to investors from the Far West of Flanders they have no a decent football team in the 1st league.
And something that looks like a real stadium.

Wake up Antwerp and make us proud, if you can...

(CRL and Liege can...)

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

PttU wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 21:34 But is there a market for travelers from Antwerp (or Belgium in general) to Belfast City, Edinburgh, Exeter and Jersey, willing to pay the price of a stopover at LCY?
Reverse that question: are ppl in Edinburgh, exeter etc interested to fly to antwerp???? I think when considering routes, there needs to be a mutual interest.