BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1133
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00
Location: Newark NJ

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by CTBke » 14 Mar 2020, 17:18

Air Canada postponed Toronto launch
Toronto – Brussels 01MAY20 – 02JUN20 5 weekly cancelled (Service launch now scheduled from 03JUN20)

source: routesonline
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting
Posts: 2128
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 18 Mar 2020, 21:42

Transavia to postpone its 2020 launch to 2021, due to COVID-19 outbreak.

if anyone's wondering, Transavia France route from Montpellier and Brussels is maintained, with the first flight on 5 April 2020.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

rwandan-flyer
Posts: 339
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:30

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by rwandan-flyer » 18 Mar 2020, 22:02

TLspotting wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 21:42
Transavia to postpone its 2020 launch to 2021, due to COVID-19 outbreak.

if anyone's wondering, Transavia France route from Montpellier and Brussels is maintained, with the first flight on 5 April 2020.
Not yet canceled, but postponed. Here is an interview of the Montpellier Airport director, today (in French)

https://objectif-languedoc-roussillon.l ... 42579.html

TLspotting
Posts: 2128
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 18 Mar 2020, 22:04

rwandan-flyer wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 22:02
TLspotting wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 21:42
Transavia to postpone its 2020 launch to 2021, due to COVID-19 outbreak.

if anyone's wondering, Transavia France route from Montpellier and Brussels is maintained, with the first flight on 5 April 2020.
Not yet canceled, but postponed. Here is an interview of the Montpellier Airport director, today (in French)

https://objectif-languedoc-roussillon.l ... 42579.html
I checked about 30 minutes ago and these flights were still bookable from 5 April, we will see if this postpone will happen, which seems to be probable.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 2128
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 18 Mar 2020, 22:26

It will be postponed as Transavia France announced to suspend all the flights from 20 March until 19 April.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 2128
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 19 Mar 2020, 11:46

For Transavia France MPL-BRU route, there's a launch flight on 5 April (good luck to get home thereafter from MPL!), and then the next flight is on 30 April.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36309
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 26 Mar 2020, 21:12

NOTAM A0767/20
From:30 MAR 20 05:00 Till:20 APR 20 19:00
Text:COVID-19 : PASSENGER FLIGHTS WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE BTN 0500UTC AND 1900UTC

At the start of the summer season, passenger flights will be allowed to operate at BRU only from 0700 to 2100 local time (UTC+2). No night flights anymore, and it is an extended night!

Cargo flights are, of course, still allowed with the current restrictions for night flights.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4364
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 26 Mar 2020, 21:24

sn26567 wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 21:12
NOTAM A0767/20
From:30 MAR 20 05:00 Till:20 APR 20 19:00
Text:COVID-19 : PASSENGER FLIGHTS WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE BTN 0500UTC AND 1900UTC

At the start of the summer season, passenger flights will be allowed to operate at BRU only from 0700 to 2100 local time (UTC+2). No night flights anymore, and it is an extended night!

Cargo flights are, of course, still allowed with the current restrictions for night flights.
Only for 1 month where almost will be no commercial flights

webstermc
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Jul 2012, 11:22

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by webstermc » 27 Mar 2020, 08:47

sn26567 wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 21:12
Cargo flights are, of course, still allowed with the current restrictions for night flights.
You're not correct about this: https://www.tijd.be/dossiers/coronaviru ... 909#729288

According to De Tijd:
During the week, cargo flights doos not have restrictions for night flights at BRU
And also, Brussels is not giving fines at the moment for the noise restriction.

Post Reply