Another strike at skyes (Belgocontrol): 12-13 March 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger
Posts: 5859
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Another strike at skyes (Belgocontrol): 12-13 March 2019

Post by Passenger » 01 Mar 2019, 21:43

Rumour: skyes to go on strike at 23h00 local?
Last edited by Passenger on 12 Mar 2019, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

SR20
Posts: 259
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by SR20 » 01 Mar 2019, 22:06

Passenger wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 21:43
Rumour: skyes to go on strike at 23h00 local?
Attachments
Capture+_2019-03-01-20-55-32.png

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 2753
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by jan_olieslagers » 01 Mar 2019, 22:14

Passenger wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 21:43
Rumour: skyes to go on strike at 23h00 local?
According to vrt-nieuws: service suspended for lack of available staff. Reportedly, many reported sick.

sean1982
Posts: 3126
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by sean1982 » 01 Mar 2019, 22:22

jan_olieslagers wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 22:14
Passenger wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 21:43
Rumour: skyes to go on strike at 23h00 local?
According to vrt-nieuws: service suspended for lack of available staff. Reportedly, many reported sick.
Confirmed until 05Z, possibly longer if more people call sick during night/morning

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by luchtzak » 01 Mar 2019, 23:31

sean1982 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 22:22
jan_olieslagers wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 22:14
Passenger wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 21:43
Rumour: skyes to go on strike at 23h00 local?
According to vrt-nieuws: service suspended for lack of available staff. Reportedly, many reported sick.
Confirmed until 05Z, possibly longer if more people call sick during night/morning
On the first day of the holiday period ....

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 01 Mar 2019, 23:42

Still aircraft landing:

SN3730
SN3184
TP642

Must be the last ones ...

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 01 Mar 2019, 23:44

TUI fly Belgium Mombasa - Brussels will land at 06:01
Brussels Airlines Entebbe - Brussels will land at 06:00

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 02 Mar 2019, 00:10

Brussels Airlines Monrovia - Brussels left later than scheduled and will land at 06:05

Ethiopian Airlines cargo from Lagos to Brussels is expected to land at 05:05, that will be tricky. As well for Hainan Airlines from Beijing to Brussels: ETA at 05:25

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34381
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by sn26567 » 02 Mar 2019, 00:19

FDX9731 LAX-LGG diverting to CDG
ICL971 TLV-LGG diverting to CGN
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop
Posts: 2547
Joined: 29 Jun 2005, 00:00
Location: Liège, BE
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by Acid-drop » 02 Mar 2019, 00:23

The impact on lgg will be huge.
Well done. Beautiful image again.

Can anyone explain why we dont delegate to military or neighbours countries ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 02 Mar 2019, 00:29

TB1072 from Malaga to Ostend, is currently heading to the United Kingdom. Diversion or approaching Ostend via London FIR ?

SR20
Posts: 259
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by SR20 » 02 Mar 2019, 00:36

Acid-drop wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:23
The impact on lgg will be huge.
Well done. Beautiful image again.

Can anyone explain why we dont delegate to military or neighbours countries ?
I thought there was a special procedure to allow traffic from Germany to Liege (and vice-versa) bypassing Brussels ACC ! Why hasn't it been implemented tonight ?

Passenger
Posts: 5859
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by Passenger » 02 Mar 2019, 00:36

Many people suddenly called in sick, and nobody from the healthy ones wanted to leave their cosy home. More details about their no-it's-no-strike in this last paragraph:
https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/ge ... ~a715e14e/

convair
Posts: 1664
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by convair » 02 Mar 2019, 00:47

Once again Belgium reaches the status of a banana republic. :roll:

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 02 Mar 2019, 00:49

SR20 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:36
Acid-drop wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:23
The impact on lgg will be huge.
Well done. Beautiful image again.

Can anyone explain why we dont delegate to military or neighbours countries ?
I thought there was a special procedure to allow traffic from Germany to Liege (and vice-versa) bypassing Brussels ACC ! Why hasn't it been implemented tonight ?
From a user to our private message box on Facebook:

Looks like the "business continuity corridor" between Liège and Germany has been activated! One Air Bridge Cargo is just landing in Liège!
.
53472696_325230227986563_645954834981191680_n.png

DIBO
Posts: 492
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 14:54

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by DIBO » 02 Mar 2019, 00:56

luchtzak wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:29
TB1072 from Malaga to Ostend, is currently heading to the United Kingdom. Diversion or approaching Ostend via London FIR ?
surely won't be diversion; probably Dover - Koksy -> EBOS. Maybe straight-in on rwy08 with current light crosswind.

Absolute disgrace this 'epidemic'.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 02 Mar 2019, 09:09

DIBO wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:56
luchtzak wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:29
TB1072 from Malaga to Ostend, is currently heading to the United Kingdom. Diversion or approaching Ostend via London FIR ?
surely won't be diversion; probably Dover - Koksy -> EBOS. Maybe straight-in on rwy08 with current light crosswind.

Absolute disgrace this 'epidemic'.
That was the route!

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10944
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by luchtzak » 02 Mar 2019, 09:10

luchtzak wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 00:10
Hainan Airlines from Beijing to Brussels: ETA at 05:25
This morning, Hainan was holding above Germany.

Image

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1426
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by Conti764 » 02 Mar 2019, 10:08

Djeez... How much does an ATC earn a month? 4000? 5000? Unbelievable.
I don't always agree with their strikes, but ground staff lifting a few hundred pieces of heavy luggage a day for about 1500 euro a month protesting about lack of staff I can understand. But these guys?

Can't ATC be done by the military iso of this ridiculous skyes?

737MAX
Posts: 149
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Belgian FIR quasi-closed during night 01-02/03

Post by 737MAX » 02 Mar 2019, 10:14

Conti764 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 10:08
Djeez... How much does an ATC earn a month? 4000? 5000? Unbelievable.
I don't always agree with their strikes, but ground staff lifting a few hundred pieces of heavy luggage a day for about 1500 euro a month protesting about lack of staff I can understand. But these guys?

Can't ATC be done by the military iso of this ridiculous skyes?
These guys have huge responsibilities and deserve a better treatment too. Do you even have a clue of what their demands are? It's not all about money, you know.

Apart from that, I completely agree with the fact that an airspace shouldn't be closed that easily.

Post Reply