2019 Ostend-Bruges Airport (OST/EBOS) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ostair

Re: 2019 Ostend-Bruges Airport (OST/EBOS) latest news

Post by ostair »

TLspotting wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 21:25 TUIfly Belgium plans to offer Ostend – Corvera service with E190 from 04 April 2020.
Should have been with a 737-MAX/800 and this would mean more destinations or frequencies with E190 at Antwerp.

Additional info, TUIfly has more customers @EBOS this Xmas period compared to 2018.
Alicante has always been the most popular route but now Malaga has become the second most with the third most Tenerife.
The Egypt routes are on the rise too with 7% more travellers.

As for 2020, NO new pax airline is expected at the airport.

ostair

Post by ostair »

ostair wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 01:22 Will LGG be scared???

https://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2019/12/1 ... come-back/
Another Qatar freighter on its way to EBOS exact 2 years after its first arrival.
Two years ago the handling was done by AP and the aircraft left with more than 6 hrs delay due to problems with the handling.

The handling now is done by Bcube. :o

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Its only a fuel stop maybe ?
Why OST ? Anyone wants to share the story ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Acid-drop, I know you are a "fan" of LGG..You have to understand that there are other airports in Belgium that can accept cargo planes,,in the past LGG was nothing compared to OST..Normal that they try to attract new cargomarkets, certainly now with Bcube, the new player at OST..
gtz
paul

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Dont try to read between the lines, Im only interested by the story.
Qarar flies where they want to fly, where their client tell them to fly, remember the maastricht example.
Is it a charter for club brugge sending something for their winter qatari escapade ?
Or one of those underground stories nobody wants to discuss maybe ?
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... out-libya/
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

I told you the story, just read (not between the lines!):There is a new player at OST who took new customers to OST, as simple as that (Qatar, today Magma, and maybe tomorrow more...)As I said before, there are many cargo airports and its not allways the "client" that decides, you should know!!
Its's all about contracts!
gtz
paul

ostair

Post by ostair »

As Zavcity mentioned here, there is a new player at EBOS.

The new OST management tried to reverse this by solving the problems, Skytanking was replaced by a cheaper supplier and now Aviapartner(who reinvented themselfs in Aviation Services Ostend) has a competitor for their freight department.
If the latest rumours are correct then the airport will get a big Asian player...

ostair

Post by ostair »

New delivery flight for Egyptair, SU-GFC

ostair

Post by ostair »

Very good pax figures for the airport as mentioned on this website.

CEO Mr Buelens still hopes that the Flemish government/De lijn changes the route of the coastal tram serving the airport.
Nevertheless "De lijn" provides currently 6 busses a hour to and from the airport.

New destinations/airlines in 2020? Possible return of flights to Moscou?
Volotea? Air Arabia?

https://www.focus-wtv.be/nieuws/luchtha ... -over-2019

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

luchtzak wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 20:14 Antonov An-124-100 suffers engine failure during take-off at Ostend-Bruges Airport, Belgium

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/anto ... t-belgium/
Update The Aviation Herald: "...On Mar 11th 2020 the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine released their Airworthiness Directive AD-0890-20 stating that an uncontained engine failure had occurred. The source of the failure had been the destruction of the 2nd stage disk rim of the intermediate pressure compressor..."

Source - link:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4cfcb737&opt=0