Air Belgium in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Poiu
Posts: 629
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Poiu » 22 Aug 2019, 17:21

The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. That's why the guests return to Lima after Machu Picchu.
Duke, it is not Air Belgium selling the tour they get paid the same amount, aircraft full or empty.doesn't matter.

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1077
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 22 Aug 2019, 17:45

Poiu wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 17:21
The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. ...
Indeed.
The A343 is already famous for the Earth curvature being an important factor in getting airborne, so just forget it at Cuzco.

SPZO field elevation is 10860 ft, 3340m,and the mountains surrounding the AD are there for a long time, hence probably won't move anytime soon.
The MSA, minimum safe altitude, around the AD is ... 21 000 ft 8-)

Standard departure imposes a minimum climb of 430ft/NM .....
SPZO SID RWY10.png

Anyhow, the Peruvian CAA give the "Tipo de avion maximo permisible" at Cuzco : B757-200.

So yes, the will need to transfer the Pax on another aircraft to fly Lima-Cuzco.

H.A.

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 30 Aug 2019, 18:45

A few news :

Air Belgium supports Belgian skipper Thibault Raymakers at Mini-Transat 2019 :
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... nsat-2019/

LOT contract extended until at least 24 December 2019.

CCO interview by France Antilles :
https://www.martinique.franceantilles.f ... 534308.php

Philippe Wilmart says that it would be optimistic with the (great) booking rate to announce before the end of September, the extension in the time of CRL-FDF/PTP-CRL flights until end August 2020.

He adds that this arrival in French Antilles is a long-term engagement, and the airline hopes (as already mentioned in other media) to fly to French Antilles with 2 different flights from Charleroi (one to PTP, and one to FDF).
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

lucas
Posts: 109
Joined: 01 Feb 2017, 15:06

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by lucas » 03 Oct 2019, 19:08

TLspotting wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 18:45

Philippe Wilmart says that it would be optimistic with the (great) booking rate to announce before the end of September, the extension in the time of CRL-FDF/PTP-CRL flights until end August 2020.

He adds that this arrival in French Antilles is a long-term engagement, and the airline hopes (as already mentioned in other media) to fly to French Antilles with 2 different flights from Charleroi (one to PTP, and one to FDF).
Announced today! Air Belgium extends the service to PTP and FDF until September.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... =facebook

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35652
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 03 Oct 2019, 22:12

lucas wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 19:08
TLspotting wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 18:45

Philippe Wilmart says that it would be optimistic with the (great) booking rate to announce before the end of September, the extension in the time of CRL-FDF/PTP-CRL flights until end August 2020.

He adds that this arrival in French Antilles is a long-term engagement, and the airline hopes (as already mentioned in other media) to fly to French Antilles with 2 different flights from Charleroi (one to PTP, and one to FDF).
Announced today! Air Belgium extends the service to PTP and FDF until September.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... =facebook
And in English: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... al-months/
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 16 Oct 2019, 14:43

Air Belgium OOABD is now flying from CRL to FDF as KF5961, press trip.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35652
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 16 Oct 2019, 16:40

TLspotting wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:43
Air Belgium OOABD is now flying from CRL to FDF as KF5961, press trip.
Rather a travel agents trip. Very few journalists invited.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35652
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 21 Oct 2019, 21:13

Has British Airways found a better (or cheaper?) subcontractor than Air Belgium?

British Airways filed London Gatwick – New York JFK service for winter 2019/20, with a leased A330 from Evelop Airlines (Spain).
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 21 Oct 2019, 21:32

sn26567 wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 21:13
Has British Airways found a better (or cheaper?) subcontractor than Air Belgium?

British Airways filed London Gatwick – New York JFK service for winter 2019/20, with a leased A330 from Evelop Airlines (Spain).
Actually, Titan replaces (from 7 Nov) on LHR-CAI using A321...

And New York was for LOT, and is still.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 22 Oct 2019, 21:31

OO-ABB has removed its flag sticker at the middle of the aircraft.

Air Belgium is preparing world tour with this aircraft. It is at BRU at the moment, it should depart to CDG on Saturday in the early morning or on Friday in the evening.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
Konus
Posts: 242
Joined: 02 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Kontich, Belgium

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Konus » 29 Oct 2019, 13:42

Poiu wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 17:21
The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. That's why the guests return to Lima after Machu Picchu.
Duke, it is not Air Belgium selling the tour they get paid the same amount, aircraft full or empty.doesn't matter.
Does anybody know which airline has executed the LIM-CUZ yesterday evening (28OCT) ? And who will it do tomorrow (30OCT) on the CUZ-LIM leg ?

User avatar
Konus
Posts: 242
Joined: 02 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Kontich, Belgium

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Konus » 01 Nov 2019, 09:11

What happened to flight KF2019 (World Tour - Air Cruise 2019)? The aircraft OO-ABB is still on the ground in Lima, Peru since 28 October.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35652
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 01 Nov 2019, 10:35

Konus wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 09:11
What happened to flight KF2019 (World Tour - Air Cruise 2019)? The aircraft OO-ABB is still on the ground in Lima, Peru since 28 October.
Ground incident in Lima. And all the other Air Belgium A340s are operating ACMI flights for LOT and British airways, thus none of them can go to Lima to relieve OO-ABB.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 01 Nov 2019, 16:18

AB called HFY.

One of their A332 is currently on the way to LIM to bring stranded passengers.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Darjeeling
Posts: 231
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Darjeeling » 01 Nov 2019, 16:23

Image

I'm not too sure the "Safrans" passengers will appreciate their HiFly's experience. :?

The new A339 would have been more suited, but it currently flies for Brunei between Bandar SB and Dubai.

More about the "Tour" here:

https://www.safransdumonde.com/fr/tour- ... ienne-2019

Passenger
Posts: 6328
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Passenger » 01 Nov 2019, 17:26

TLspotting wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 16:18
AB called HFY. One of their A332 is currently on the way to LIM to bring stranded passengers.
.
Darjeeling wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 16:23
Image
I'm not too sure the "Safrans" passengers will appreciate their HiFly's experience. :?
The new A339 would have been more suited, but it currently flies for Brunei between Bandar SB and Dubai.

More about the "Tour" here:
https://www.safransdumonde.com/fr/tour- ... ienne-2019
Hifly's CS-TQP has 31 C and 267 Y with a seat pitch 31/32. I don't know how many passengers are on the tour, but with 2 -> 3 seats, the seat pitch is OK.

This gives them a delay of two days in their schedule - delay that they can catch up at Tahiti (Bora Bora), where 4 nights are scheduled. I hope for the tour organizer they can find accommodation at Easter Island for the group, because it's an excursion they can't exclude from the journey without risking extremely high compensation claims.

Any news on the nature of the ground incident at Lima? Is there an insurer which has to step in (i.e. collision with ground vehicle)?

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 3015
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by jan_olieslagers » 01 Nov 2019, 17:31

TLspotting wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 16:18
AB called HFY.
Allow me to (again) insist on avoiding unexplained codes and abbreviations. It takes a mere TWO keystrokes more to type the airline's name in full - as others neatly did - how lazy can one be??

Passenger
Posts: 6328
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by Passenger » 01 Nov 2019, 17:49

jan_olieslagers wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 17:31
TLspotting wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 16:18
AB called HFY.
Allow me to (again) insist on avoiding unexplained codes and abbreviations. It takes a mere TWO keystrokes more to type the airline's name in full - as others neatly did - how lazy can one be??
Again: stop your nitpicking please. The "HFY" was explained few minutes later by Darjeeling: "...I'm not too sure the Safrans passengers will appreciate their HiFly's experience..." On top, HFY is the official ICAO code for that airline - and theren't that many backup airlines.

Actually, we should be thankfull that TLspotting contacted AB (Air Belgium, that is...) to know what was going on.

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 3015
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by jan_olieslagers » 01 Nov 2019, 17:55

I will continue to insist on good manners , "n'en déplaise qui veult". If @Darjeeling and yourself could post properly, why cannot a moderator, even if perhaps an apprentice? And no, insisting on proper manners is not nitpicking. And may I request you to stop sounding like a broken vinyl record about my so-called nitpicking? If you care less about proper communication, whose is the blame?
Last edited by jan_olieslagers on 01 Nov 2019, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

ZavCity
Posts: 127
Joined: 11 Nov 2014, 17:58

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by ZavCity » 01 Nov 2019, 18:21

I completely agree with Jan on this..Not difficult to write the name in full!Not everybody knows the abreviaitions by heart!
gtz
paul

Post Reply