Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sounilr21

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by sounilr21 » 30 May 2019, 13:55

It's my opinion but Brussels Airlines and Eurowings are the same business model : low-cost products for the european network and "classic" (economy class and real business class) product for the long haul product. However it's sad to watch "belgian touch" goeing out on Brussels Airlines but it's logical strategy to Lufthansa. Brussels and Dusseldorf could be largest homebases of Eurowings.

Lot of people want only low price. It's secundary to flight with a local carrier with a long or symbolic history. It's a reality for now. It's sad.

It's a opportunity to develop more long hauls flights from Brussels (North American and Africa in first) and so more employments. It's a first target now : keeping employs and activities in Brussels.

Personnally, I hope that Brussels Airlines stay more years ago.

I'm not a professional for aerial analyst, It's just my opinion ;-)

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa » 30 May 2019, 15:18

While Air Dolomiti - a Lufthansa Group member - can keep it’s brand name ...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 » 30 May 2019, 17:37

sounilr21 wrote:
30 May 2019, 13:55
It's my opinion but Brussels Airlines and Eurowings are the same business model : low-cost products for the european network and "classic" (economy class and real business class) product for the long haul product. However it's sad to watch "belgian touch" goeing out on Brussels Airlines but it's logical strategy to Lufthansa. Brussels and Dusseldorf could be largest homebases of Eurowings.

Lot of people want only low price. It's secundary to flight with a local carrier with a long or symbolic history. It's a reality for now. It's sad.

It's a opportunity to develop more long hauls flights from Brussels (North American and Africa in first) and so more employments. It's a first target now : keeping employs and activities in Brussels.

Accept for some small remrkrs or hints, all LH has done untill today suggests they don't consider BRU as a (future) hub, nor will they allow SN to grow long haul.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 30 May 2019, 23:04

Conti764 wrote:
30 May 2019, 17:37
sounilr21 wrote:

Accept for some small remrkrs or hints, all LH has done untill today suggests they don't consider BRU as a (future) hub, nor will they allow SN to grow long haul.
I do fully agree !

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting » 31 May 2019, 16:55

I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Jetter

Post by Jetter » 31 May 2019, 17:47

Conti764 wrote:
sounilr21 wrote:

Then why does BRU have the longhaul center of excellence? :?

Conti764

Post by Conti764 » 31 May 2019, 18:33

Jetter wrote:
31 May 2019, 17:47
Conti764 wrote:
sounilr21 wrote:

Then why does BRU have the longhaul center of excellence? :?
BRU doesn't. SN is the longhaul center of excellence... operating longhaul for EW from DUS.

Sai

Post by Sai » 31 May 2019, 19:01

Saw a new (SN) maintenance vehicle at BRU in a hybrid SN/EW livery already.
Now the aircraft livery is gradually changing to EW...I was wondering...
Any news on when the crew is changing to their new uniforms?
Does the SN crew based at DUS wear these uniforms already?

SkyTourist

Post by SkyTourist » 31 May 2019, 19:33

The uniform's colour combination is quite painful to the eyes. Like with cheap looking Ryanair and Easyjet uniforms it tries to convince passengers that the airline they are flying is really lowcost with cuts on the cabin crew's uniforms as well. It has the looks of an Aeroflot uniform (although even there they have the red and blue).

Let them at least keep the warmer blue-red Belgian touch in the uniforms here, although even SN's CEO seems to experiment with the blue-pinkish combination ;)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey » 31 May 2019, 20:09

Sai wrote:
31 May 2019, 19:01
Saw a new (SN) maintenance vehicle at BRU in a hybrid SN/EW livery already.
Now the aircraft livery is gradually changing to EW...I was wondering...
Any news on when the crew is changing to their new uniforms?
Does the SN crew based at DUS wear these uniforms already?
These maintenance vehicles already have the hybrid c/s for almost a year I think, definitely since end 2018.
Aircraft are painted at least every 6 years, so in maybe 5 years time, we will have all Brussels Airlines A32F in Eurowings colours. :)
The crews based in DUS have been wearing Eurowings uniform since the start. When it is changing for Brussels based crew, I don't know.

Boavida

Post by Boavida » 31 May 2019, 21:51

TLspotting wrote:
31 May 2019, 16:55
61729506_2130001623967051_7004108481632403456_o.jpg

© Robin Rouffe

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/
I will never set a foot in that aircraft.

I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier.

Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I work in the tourism industry at a department that plans hundreds of (professional) air journeys of customers, associates, colleagues, etc. all year round. As of today we will avoid by all means to fly with Eurowings/SN.

:cry:

AIRMARSHAL

Post by AIRMARSHAL » 31 May 2019, 23:06

Last edited by AIRMARSHAL on 31 May 2019, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 31 May 2019, 23:11

Boavida wrote:
31 May 2019, 21:51
TLspotting wrote:

© Robin Rouffe

I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier.

Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I work in the tourism industry at a department that plans hundreds of (professional) air journeys of customers, associates, colleagues, etc. all year round. As of today we will avoid by all means to fly with Eurowings/SN.

Weeping realistic words... I would say exactly the same.
I refused to believe it before seeing this pic. I did immediatly cancel my next to HER on SN... in favor of AF from CDG!

Passenger

Post by Passenger » 31 May 2019, 23:39

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:
31 May 2019, 23:11
I refused to believe it before seeing this pic. I did immediatly cancel my next to HER on SN... in favor of AF from CDG!
So you want us to believe that you still had some SN flights booked after all your anti Brussels Airlines posts from the last weeks and months? Strange.

By the way: cancellation costs for BRU-HER: 100% ? Or perhaps you only book fully-refundable Business Class...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 » 31 May 2019, 23:53

Passenger wrote:
31 May 2019, 23:39

By the way: cancellation costs for BRU-HER: 100% ?
Nope. I booked BRU-RHO on SN for 89.64 €. I had to cancel for medical reasons and was reimbursed 30.64 €.
André
ex Sabena #26567

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever » 01 Jun 2019, 01:45

Boavida wrote:
31 May 2019, 21:51
TLspotting wrote:

© Robin Rouffe

I understand the frustration and disappointment of many here on the forum. I also look with pain in my heart at the further integration of SN in the EW group.

But it is also time to face reality. As much as we would have liked it otherwise. Without Lufthansa, SN would not Survived. Lufthansa helped ensure that the money continued to roll so that SN could expand in its fleet and destinations. Now that SN falls under the EW group, is a strategy that I believe will be expanded throughout the Lufthansa Group. And I see others follow in Europe. Longhaul each have there own identity and shorthaul under 1 brand.

Like some people say here, that from now on they will only fly with AF, KLM, BA etc, I think is simply ridiculous. If you still want to be a little patriotic. Then support at least the people who work here in Belgium.
Otherwise have fun on your 1-stop hopping trough Europe... :roll:

Greetings
Christophe

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa » 01 Jun 2019, 09:35

I am still hoping on a Walibi - Six Flags scenario: the owners (Six Flags) decided to change the name from Walibi to Six Flags (2001-2004), only to discover that less people visited the park, after they reinstated the brand name Walibi the park flourished more than ever.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting » 01 Jun 2019, 12:55

b.lufthansa wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 09:35
I am still hoping on a Walibi - Six Flags scenario: the owners (Six Flags) decided to change the name from Walibi to Six Flags (2001-2004), only to discover that less people visited the park, after they reinstated the brand name Walibi the park flourished more than ever.
+1.

But if EW doesn't work, I would more see LH brand then.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

737MAX

Post by 737MAX » 01 Jun 2019, 13:47

So instead of flying from BRU with people still working for Brussels Airlines but with a chance to be in a Eurowings livery plane, you cancel your booking in favor of... Paris????

:shock: :shock:

It’s deeper than being a « fan », I’m afraid...

Nonante-Deux

Post by Nonante-Deux » 01 Jun 2019, 14:21

b.lufthansa wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 09:35
Not the same context. The last rebrand to Walibi was due to the sale by Six Flags to Compagnie des Alpes without the Six Flags licence, so CdA had to change the name. But indeed, they choose Walibi because of the popularity.