Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 27
Joined: 20 Jun 2019, 00:24

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by A321Lufthansa »

OO-SFB is temporarily leased to EW after SFP was sent to maintenance (?) in AMM.

Soneil
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 17:42

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Soneil »

Flew OO-SFX to JFK, they have the new premium but in business is the "old sn" business class.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1149
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00
Location: Newark NJ

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by CTBke »

Soneil wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 10:39
Flew OO-SFX to JFK, they have the new premium but in business is the "old sn" business class.
Indeed , SFX only got the premium cabin in AMM
Citybird
The flying dream

convair
Posts: 1812
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by convair »

CTBke wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 12:44
Soneil wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 10:39
Flew OO-SFX to JFK, they have the new premium but in business is the "old sn" business class.
Indeed , SFX only got the premium cabin in AMM
And that took almost 2 months!!!? :o

TLspotting
Posts: 2371
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by TLspotting »

OO-SSL is currently coming back from Budapest after maintenance.
Last edited by TLspotting on 23 Dec 2019, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Hi. I'm T., spotter and aviation geek. Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

airbuske
Posts: 1624
Joined: 09 Mar 2003, 00:00
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by airbuske »

convair wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 01:20
CTBke wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 12:44
Soneil wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 10:39
Flew OO-SFX to JFK, they have the new premium but in business is the "old sn" business class.
Indeed , SFX only got the premium cabin in AMM
And that took almost 2 months!!!? :o
I suppose they did the c-check aswell ;)
Best regards,

Airbuske

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1775
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Conti764 »

airbuske wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 10:02
convair wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 01:20
CTBke wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 12:44


Indeed , SFX only got the premium cabin in AMM
And that took almost 2 months!!!? :o
I suppose they did the c-check aswell ;)
If so, why not install the entire new SN product? Is SFX to leave the fleet? I thought it was one of the newer birds?

Matt
Posts: 133
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Matt »

Conti764 wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 10:34
airbuske wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 10:02
convair wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 01:20

And that took almost 2 months!!!? :o
I suppose they did the c-check aswell ;)
If so, why not install the entire new SN product? Is SFX to leave the fleet? I thought it was one of the newer birds?
reducing costs. that interior is not that old...

Darjeeling
Posts: 255
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Darjeeling »

OO-SFX was indeed the first "new" A333 of the renewal project, when they received it, it had the SQ Regional interior.

During its previous C-check it received the standard SN interior (I think in MLA) but this was done before the newest product was introduced. Hence, I assume they wanted to spare some money on the refurbishing process and they skipped the newest C-class seats fitting in AMM.

Again IMHO pure amateurism because that makes their product inconsistent again... I hope they fix that very soon because that bunch of "newer" A333 with that new product was putting them in line with the likes of LH, OS, LX...

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4445
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by RoMax »

The remaining lease contract on SFX and uncertain future of that specific plane afterwards doesn't make a 10 million Euro investment in all new seats, galleys, lighting,... - like on the 7 'new' purchased (by LH) A333s - worth it. A pity yes in product consistency, but same issue as on the 2 remaining A332's.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36984
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Executive Jet Support (UK) has secured a sales and purchase agreement on an ex-Brussels Airlines A330-300, serial 095 (that's OO-SFV).

Aircraft will begin disassembly in January 2020. The airframe is being delivered complete minus engines and QEC (Quick Engine Change).
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Ozzie1969
Posts: 732
Joined: 03 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Is it me, or does the Brussels Airlines website really suck ?

On Google Chrome, on Mozilla Firefox, on Internet Explorer : it crashes.

A temporary fault or do other people experience the same thing ?

EBKT
Posts: 60
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 13:36
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by EBKT »

Interesting article that says Slovenian government prefers to subsidize flights to Lufthansa hubs including Brussels, instead of starting a new Slovenian flag carrier.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/12/sl ... o.html?m=1

Darjeeling
Posts: 255
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Darjeeling »

RoMax wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 18:50
The remaining lease contract on SFX and uncertain future of that specific plane afterwards doesn't make a 10 million Euro investment in all new seats, galleys, lighting,... - like on the 7 'new' purchased (by LH) A333s - worth it. A pity yes in product consistency, but same issue as on the 2 remaining A332's.
Thanks for your (interesting) input RoMax. However, as per CH-aviation PRO database, the lease term difference of OO-SFX with the rest of the new A333 fleet is only of a few months, with high chances of it to be renewed (unless SN finds cash for the more expensive A339 or A350s). I still think it's a spoiled occasion, many customers will be randomly disappointed. The advantage of having a small fleet is that you can have your newest product available on the entire fleet more quickly than giants like BA, LH or AF.
It took SK only less than a year to have its whole fleet equipped with the brand new cabins (I exclude the factory fresh A333 and A359).

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4445
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by RoMax »

Darjeeling wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 10:11
RoMax wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 18:50
The remaining lease contract on SFX and uncertain future of that specific plane afterwards doesn't make a 10 million Euro investment in all new seats, galleys, lighting,... - like on the 7 'new' purchased (by LH) A333s - worth it. A pity yes in product consistency, but same issue as on the 2 remaining A332's.
Thanks for your (interesting) input RoMax. However, as per CH-aviation PRO database, the lease term difference of OO-SFX with the rest of the new A333 fleet is only of a few months, with high chances of it to be renewed (unless SN finds cash for the more expensive A339 or A350s). I still think it's a spoiled occasion, many customers will be randomly disappointed. The advantage of having a small fleet is that you can have your newest product available on the entire fleet more quickly than giants like BA, LH or AF.
It took SK only less than a year to have its whole fleet equipped with the brand new cabins (I exclude the factory fresh A333 and A359).
The ownership/lease structure of the 7 'new' A333s is completely different than that of SFX, I don't know if that's correctly reflected by the CH-aviation database. SFX is leased like almost any other aircraft in SN's fleet directly from a lessor, the 7 A333s have been acquired by LHG. SFX is under contract for a bit longer than the 2 A332's that also only got the PY seats, but it's nowhere near the foreseen lifetime in the fleet of the other 7 A333s. The fate of SFX specifically after its current lease term is undecided.

I agree on the product (and operational!) consistency, but it's funny you use SK as an example. Because for many years frequent flyers of them on long haul were horrified by the risk of having to fly with LN-RKP, an ex-LAN A340 that has never received a new interior (the ex-LAN interior was also quite a bit worse than the 'old' SN interior). SAS always claimed the aircraft was just used as a back-up, but in reality it almost flew full time.

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4445
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by RoMax »

Under the motto 'if you can't beat them, join them': SN and Aeroflot to codeshare on the SVO-BRU route (flights as from 20/01). Connections at both sides possible with through check-in of luggage etc. (so seemingly interlining beyond the SVO-BRU route)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero ... agreement/

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1775
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Conti764 »

RoMax wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 02:34
Under the motto 'if you can't beat them, join them': SN and Aeroflot to codeshare on the SVO-BRU route (flights as from 20/01). Connections at both sides possible with through check-in of luggage etc. (so seemingly interlining beyond the SVO-BRU route)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero ... agreement/
Might this mean the Russian government will losen up on SN codeshared flights overflying Russia?

A321Lufthansa
Posts: 27
Joined: 20 Jun 2019, 00:24

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by A321Lufthansa »

Conti764 wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 09:46
RoMax wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 02:34
Under the motto 'if you can't beat them, join them': SN and Aeroflot to codeshare on the SVO-BRU route (flights as from 20/01). Connections at both sides possible with through check-in of luggage etc. (so seemingly interlining beyond the SVO-BRU route)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero ... agreement/
Might this mean the Russian government will losen up on SN codeshared flights overflying Russia?
Are there such flights?

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1797
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by lumumba »

A321Lufthansa wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 10:26
Conti764 wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 09:46
RoMax wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 02:34
Under the motto 'if you can't beat them, join them': SN and Aeroflot to codeshare on the SVO-BRU route (flights as from 20/01). Connections at both sides possible with through check-in of luggage etc. (so seemingly interlining beyond the SVO-BRU route)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero ... agreement/
Might this mean the Russian government will losen up on SN codeshared flights overflying Russia?
Are there such flights?
It's about the ANA flight to Tokyo.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1775
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Conti764 »

A321Lufthansa wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 10:26
Conti764 wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 09:46
RoMax wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 02:34
Under the motto 'if you can't beat them, join them': SN and Aeroflot to codeshare on the SVO-BRU route (flights as from 20/01). Connections at both sides possible with through check-in of luggage etc. (so seemingly interlining beyond the SVO-BRU route)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero ... agreement/
Might this mean the Russian government will losen up on SN codeshared flights overflying Russia?
Are there such flights?
ANA/Cathay?

Post Reply