Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 10:52 So much for a point-to-point airline.

H.A.
Everybody with an ounce of good sense said from the very beginning that integration into Eurowings was a big mistake. Only Carsten Spohr and Thorsten Dirks thought otherwise, with the consequences that we know: three years lost in the development of Brussels Airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Also worth noticing in the NBB report: 10,030,000 passengers in 2018, vs 9,070,000 in 2017: +10.5%

And next to the results of Brussels Airlines, you can also see those of SN Airholding. Do you know that the holding company employs 132 people? That seems to be a lot for a non-operational entity!
André
ex Sabena #26567

nicopapa

Post by nicopapa »

Matt wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 11:19
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 10:52 Flew WAW-BRU with SN yesterday morning.
First time I was on that 06:45 flight (due to misconnection the evening before, not unusual with LOT).

Was a full boat but for 4 seats. After boarding, Capt Speaking announced a 30-minute delay due to restrictions at EBBR (07L arrivals) which triggered the need for informing transfer passengers.
+15 destinations were listed, to Europe but also JFK, IAD, Africa.

I later spoke with the purser and she showed me the list ; about 75% of the Pax were in transfer ! She said she was used to this on that early morning flight.

So much for a point-to-point airline.

H.A.
Well, that's the fault of our amazing politicians and complainers about whether or not a plane can fly over their houses/regions. Landing on 01 should have been an option yesterday morning...

07R shouldn't be used normally ( correct me if i'm wrong here ) for landings because of the Nato.
And because 07L doesn't have an ILS it cannot handle as many aircraft as 01/19, 25R or 25L can.

Speaking of which: it has been ages seen I have seen an aircraft landing on 19...

About the use of the runways 07L/R and 01 for landing, I got recently the following explanation from Airportmediation:
- the preferred configuration 25L/R switches to landings 01 / TO on 07R is the threshold of tailwind is exceeded on the preferred configuration.
- if the landings on the 01 are subject to a too high crosswind component, the landings are then switched to the 07 runways: 07L on daytime, 07R during nighttime as landing on the 07L requires a good visibility. The switch from 07L to 07R occures before sunset.

Personal comment: In the recent years, I have the impression that we have been subject to an increased occurrence of strong eastern wind that has forced the use of the 07 runways for landing. This is quite unfortunate since in this configuration, the approach paths cross entirely the heavily populated northern part of Brussels.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:34 And next to the results of Brussels Airlines, you can also see those of SN Airholding. Do you know that the holding company employs 132 people? That seems to be a lot for a non-operational entity!
The annual account from SN Airholding sa/nv has been cleared by PWC with a "oordeel zonder voorbehoud" / opinion sans réserve". This is an objective indication that the balance sheet is correct and fair. So the above ? and ! are ungrounded.

Like I wrote already a few times: it's sad that so many posts here about Brussels Airlines and/or Lufthansa and/or Eurowings and/or Carsten Spohr are negative and/or unfriendly and/or hatefull and/or insulting and/or hostile (the one about Christina Foerster's wardrobe is, so far, the ugliest one).

Off topic: talking about annual accounts: the absence of those from company 0629.926.116 is more worrying.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Passenger wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 17:10[/b]Like I wrote already a few times: it's sad that so many posts here about Brussels Airlines and/or Lufthansa and/or Eurowings and/or Carsten Spohr are negative and/or unfriendly and/or hatefull and/or insulting and/or hostile (the one about Christina Foerster's wardrobe is, so far, the ugliest one).
I agree Christina doesn’t have the most exciting wardrobe, but to say that it’s the ugliest is a bit overdramatic imo.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nicopapa wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 14:41
Matt wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 11:19
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 10:52 Flew WAW-BRU with SN yesterday morning.
First time I was on that 06:45 flight (due to misconnection the evening before, not unusual with LOT).

Was a full boat but for 4 seats. After boarding, Capt Speaking announced a 30-minute delay due to restrictions at EBBR (07L arrivals) which triggered the need for informing transfer passengers.
+15 destinations were listed, to Europe but also JFK, IAD, Africa.

H.A.
Well, that's the fault of our amazing politicians and complainers about whether or not a plane can fly over their houses/regions. Landing on 01 should have been an option yesterday morning...

07R shouldn't be used normally ( correct me if i'm wrong here ) for landings because of the Nato.
And because 07L doesn't have an ILS it cannot handle as many aircraft as 01/19, 25R or 25L can.

About the use of the runways 07L/R and 01 for landing, I got recently the following explanation from Airportmediation:
- the preferred configuration 25L/R switches to landings 01 / TO on 07R is the threshold of tailwind is exceeded on the preferred configuration.
- if the landings on the 01 are subject to a too high crosswind component, the landings are then switched to the 07 runways: 07L on daytime, 07R during nighttime as landing on the 07L requires good visibility. The switch from 07L to 07R occurs before sunset.
Yesterday, the issue of preferential runways got compounded by the fact that there was a crane next to a runway. Therefore the whole system had been altered for the day. But this is off topic...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Passenger wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 17:10
sn26567 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:34 And next to the results of Brussels Airlines, you can also see those of SN Airholding. Do you know that the holding company employs 132 people? That seems to be a lot for a non-operational entity!
The annual account from SN Airholding sa/nv has been cleared by PWC with a "oordeel zonder voorbehoud" / opinion sans réserve". This is an objective indication that the balance sheet is correct and fair. So the above ? and ! are ungrounded.
Nobody is saying the balance sheet is incorrect or corrupted. He is only wondering why so many people work for a company that doesn't do the actual flying. So in stead of your usual ranting againt another member, give an explanation.
Like I wrote already a few times: it's sad that so many posts here about Brussels Airlines and/or Lufthansa and/or Eurowings and/or Carsten Spohr are negative and/or unfriendly and/or hatefull and/or insulting and/or hostile (the one about Christina Foerster's wardrobe is, so far, the ugliest one).
If the general atmosphere towards LH or Carsten Spohr is negative, they have only themselves to blame. Apart from that idiot idea to put away SN into EW, LH never made clear what their actual plans were. The only thing Spohr said was basicly 'do more and do it cheaper'...

LH and LX are a different story, but the difference in treatment between SN and OS was unbelievable.

Deejay

Post by Deejay »

Passenger wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 15:14 Unbelievable how many people believed that stupid crap nonsense try Zürich-Kinshasa: they let you travel over Johannesburg”. They don’t.
Sorry about that, Passenger… did it perhaps too quick, don't know what happened, tried to redo this routing and you are right, I didn't succeed, so I erased that part of my post. Let's say it will be my contribution to the fake news internet. ;)

Nevertheless, the part about the triangle BRU-GVA-VIE-BRU is true :
Annotation 2019-06-28 212031.png

No SN flight available on LH site ….
happened to me not long ago, and I had to take two tickets…

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 17:10

Off topic: talking about annual accounts: the absence of those from company 0629.926.116 is more worrying.
Shall I compile a list of every topic about a competitor/potential competitor/technical isssue/competing airframe that you post negative about?

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

OO-SFL is on her "once-in-a-month" charity flight, same as on 03JUN.

She left EBBR this morning as BEL9903 to position for the EW1112 DUS-EWR with STD 11:35LT.

;)

H.A.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:25
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 10:52 So much for a point-to-point airline.

H.A.
Everybody with an ounce of good sense said from the very beginning that integration into Eurowings was a big mistake. Only Carsten Spohr and Thorsten Dirks thought otherwise, with the consequences that we know: three years lost in the development of Brussels Airlines.
Indeed, the whole story of EW, starting with the take over of bankrupt Air Berlin; was a disaster from the beginning.

There was nice post a few years from Flanker, giving many reasons why EW would never never work.
I cannot find this post back, but it was "Chronique d'un fiasco annoncé".

CS is the responsible man; apart from being arrogant and over-ambitious, he has proven his incompetence.
As many incompetent CEO's, he will be out (with Golden Parachute) sooner or later.

Never never can EW compete with Ryanair.
Last edited by sn26567 on 03 Jul 2019, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected typos

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Looks like the only class getting a complimentary service is Bizz&Class, now Flex&Fast passengers need to pay for their food and drinks

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... fault.aspx
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CTBke wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 13:19 Looks like the only class getting a complimentary service is Bizz&Class, now Flex&Fast passengers need to pay for their food and drinks

Does it mean that the cost difference between Flex&Fast and Check&Go will be reduced, in other words, that Flex&Fast will be cheaper?
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 17:46
CTBke wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 13:19 Looks like the only class getting a complimentary service is Bizz&Class, now Flex&Fast passengers need to pay for their food and drinks

Does it mean that the cost difference between Flex&Fast and Check&Go will be reduced, in other words, that Flex&Fast will be cheaper?
for the moment price stays pretty expensive as you have no fee for changing flights (as advertised on their website) so you still have flexibility and fast-lane access wherever possible.
Citybird
The flying dream

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Ansett wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 17:57 A stap back from a true hybrid model ?
This going to make them loose business pax.
They asked their frequent passengers what they wanted to have during the flight, and the majority replied they wanted to have more flexibility rather than a snack/meal so they'll loose some but they'll have some more happy passengers + majority is entitled to use the lounge as well.
Citybird
The flying dream

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 09:15 OO-SFL is on her "once-in-a-month" charity flight, same as on 03JUN.

She left EBBR this morning as BEL9903 to position for the EW1112 DUS-EWR with STD 11:35LT.

;)

H.A.
OO-SFL left DUS with a delay of five (5) hours, heading for EWR.
They probably took the time to double check the paperwork was OK, hopefully not repeating the RTB of BEL515 last week.
:mrgreen:

H.A.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Ansett wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 18:16 If SN is now re-integrating the Network-Airlines, why would they apply a very different on board catering practice than their three "brothers" or "sisters" ?
Swiss has buy on board as well out of Geneva :-)
Citybird
The flying dream

FlyingUnicorn

Post by FlyingUnicorn »

Ansett wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 18:16 If SN is now re-integrating the Network-Airlines, why would they apply a very different on board catering practice than their three "brothers" or "sisters" ?

Sn Will not be a network-airlines.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Jetter wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 17:24
Passenger wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 17:10Like I wrote already a few times: it's sad that so many posts here about Brussels Airlines and/or Lufthansa and/or Eurowings and/or Carsten Spohr are negative and/or unfriendly and/or hatefull and/or insulting and/or hostile (the one about Christina Foerster's wardrobe is, so far, the ugliest one).[/quote]
I agree Christina doesn’t have the most exciting wardrobe, but to say that it’s the ugliest is a bit overdramatic imo.
I didn't write that Foersters' wardrove is ugly. I referred to an ugly post from somebody else who said that Foerster's "ugly wardrobe" is a proof that she's unable to lead an airline.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

FlyingUnicorn wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 20:25

Sn Will not be a network-airlines.
Then what will it be?