Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jerry

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by jerry »

What's the reason for these delays?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sounilr21 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:43 I hope that the next Brussels Airlines strategic plan will be ambitious but also with fiability (it's correct word ?) as a target.
Reliability ;-)

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

crew1990 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 21:55
sounilr21 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:43 I hope that the next Brussels Airlines strategic plan will be ambitious but also with fiability (it's correct word ?) as a target.
Reliability ;-)
Thank you ;-)

I don't know the reason of this delays.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

crew1990 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 21:55
Reliability ;-)
Resilience (the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties) is the correct word.
Resilience needs supplementary resources and that costs money....

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

One more time. It's a joke or "suicid squad" ? How is possible ? 2 consecutive days

Please LH, make SN great and attractive. I pray for this, hopefull for september.

[joke : on] You can call Air Belgium to operate this fly. OO-ABB is free in CRL ? [joke : off]
Attachments
sn515.PNG

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sounilr21 wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 20:32 One more time. It's a joke or "suicid squad" ? How is possible ? 2 consecutive days

Please LH, make SN great and attractive. I pray for this, hopefull for september.

[joke : on] You can call Air Belgium to operate this fly. OO-ABB is free in CRL ? [joke : off]
Maybe KLM's PH-AOB (also A330-200) can come to rescue?

Euh... No, that one can't help. It's AOG at Sint-Maarten, already for 47 hours at this very moment. Luckily KLM Maintenance has just arrived at SXM with PH-AOC to fix PH-AOB's problem. Much to the relief of the passengers who want to go home. Because contrary to Brussels Airlines, KLM had no codesharing flights out of SXM. And a connecting flight from Sint-Maarten to Frankfurt wasn't possible neither.

You see: shit happens with every airline. When it happens to KLM, it's bad luck. When it happens to Brussels Airlines, it's bad management from Lufthansa.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Passenger wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 21:54
sounilr21 wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 20:32 One more time. It's a joke or "suicid squad" ? How is possible ? 2 consecutive days

Euh... No, that one can't help. It's AOG at Sint-Maarten, already for 47 hours at this very moment. Luckily KLM Maintenance has just arrived at SXM with PH-AOC to fix PH-AOB's problem. Much to the relief of the passengers who want to go home. Because contrary to Brussels Airlines, KLM had no codesharing flights out of SXM. And a connecting flight from Sint-Maarten to Frankfurt wasn't possible neither.

You see: shit happens with every airline. When it happens to KLM, it's bad luck. When it happens to Brussels Airlines, it's bad management from Lufthansa.
I can't find where sounilr21 is blaming LH for this mess. He's only hoping LH has some solid plans with SN on the longer term.

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

Passenger wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 21:54

Yes it's true. But KLM can manage a flight disruption. In my last time in DXB by KLM KL427, he's must replace aircraft 787-9 (engine problem in last minut) by an 777-300ER (reserve's plane). He proceed to te replacing in 1h in AMS.

Here, we have 2 consecutive days cancellations to IAD. It's true, OO-SFZ have a technical problem. It's true, we have lot of replace's solution : via FRA, LHR, and more.
I can accept one day of cancellation. Ok it's a bad chance.
But two cancellation it's difficult to understand.
It's my feeling. It's sad to watch SN in difficulty.

We have lost enough time with a bad idea of EW (a german "fourre-tout").
I hope, really, a better future plan for SN, ambitious and attractive. End of septembre, we will view clear.
I can't think that LH have a bad plan to SN.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Or like LH is saying many times that planes could be easily shifted to the other one in case of problems. SN has to deliver long haul planes to Euro wings but who is helping SN?

All my respect to the people of SN!

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 22:35 Or like LH is saying many times that planes could be easily shifted to the other one in case of problems. SN has to deliver long haul planes to Euro wings but who is helping SN?

All my respect to the people of SN!
It has been years, that no one "WANTS to HELP" SN ... the role of LH normaly. It is therefore a will ... in this case German ? What is the project ? If there ever is one?
Meanwhile, unfortunately, I take the plane at CDG.
My total respect also for the poor employees of our national company. The flight to Washington is cancelled again tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 22:35SN has to deliver long haul planes to Euro wings but who is helping SN?
There is none so deaf as those who don’t want to hear!

-the EW ACMI agreement is one of the only profitable areas at SN!
-Long haul is only marginally profitable because resources are stretched to an absolute maximum. Building in resiliency will make it unviable.
-This is pure business, not charity, why should LH continue to dump money in a bottomless pit?
-The upcoming RESTRUCTURING plan is about cost saving, dixit Christina F, not about losing more money by opening a plethora of new routes or buying spare aircraft.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Just a though, but could the long MX time have something to do with the lack of spares for the new type of engines and so on?
I can imagine that supplies are low for the moment as they are switching to the newer A333 type. Especially if it's involving some less prone to fail pieces.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

For me the most catastrophic fact for this summer 2019, is not the dispatch reliability (which is at the average level of the other years, even slightly improving) but the horrific PUNCTUALITY figures.

I'm not sure that operationally speaking, mixing both the main line operations and the charter ops is the most clever thing to do. Both for crew and aircrafts dispatching. Some turnaround times and flight combinations are just beyond common sense... resulting in sometimes up to two hours of accumulated delays for one single airplane at the end of the day (... more often night). That has been confirmed to me by someone in charge of the Leisure Sales dpt.

b720

Post by b720 »

Darjeeling wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 09:27 For me the most catastrophic fact for this summer 2019, is not the dispatch reliability (which is at the average level of the other years, even slightly improving) but the horrific PUNCTUALITY figures.

I'm not sure that operationally speaking, mixing both the main line operations and the charter ops is the most clever thing to do. Both for crew and aircrafts dispatching. Some turnaround times and flight combinations are just beyond common sense... resulting in sometimes up to two hours of accumulated delays for one single airplane at the end of the day (... more often night). That has been confirmed to me by someone in charge of the Leisure Sales dpt.
Utter disaster! Sn2720 yesterday delayed by 2h30
Friday SN 2721 delayed by 1h30 spent half of my week end en route.. add to that 40 min for luggage at BRU!
And the horrific practice at cityjet operated flights when everyone has to wait till all the hand luggage is offloaded before deplaning May start.. that took over 20 min in Geneva on Friday..

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Here, we have 2 consecutive days cancellations to IAD. It's true, OO-SFZ have a technical problem. It's true, we have lot of replace's solution : via FRA, LHR, and more.
There is also a daily United Airlines flight BRU-Washington ;).
Double daily service to New York, one with SN and one with UA.
There are also flights to Chicago (UA), Toronto (SN) and Montreal (AC), if some people have connecting to in USA or Canada.

So there are some solutions, from Bru, you don't need to fly through FRA, LHR,...The most important thing is that passengers get a quick solution. They will remember that SN has fixed their problem with professionalism, not like some airlines that let down you, for several days. I think, that most people stranded on 25Aug, have probably left Bru, the same day. So they didn't have 2 cancelations, in row.

Happened to me, in 2010, for a trip to Rwanda, from Paris. My AF flight from Paris to Amsterdam was in late to get my connecting at Amsterdam to fly to Nairobi. The customer agent has checked avaibilty on the LHR-NBO with Kenya Airways. I was able to fly from Cdg-LHR with Air France, then get a connecting on the AF Skyteam partner, Kenya Airways. Flight from LHR to Nairobi, was full.

So to avoid bad long routings, or to leave Paris, with the Kenya Airways direct service, 2 days later, he has booked me (for free) on Lufthansa Ethiopian Airlines (Paris-Fra-ADD-Kigali). The competitor of Skyteam !!

Air France has helped me to find a quick solution and this is a good point. Ok i dind't fly with them, but they have helped me. I arrived at Kigali, the same day, that i was supposed to arrive with Kenya Airways (around 11 a.m, instead of 8.30 am). I can say, AF is not an airline that you let down, when you have troubles.

I remmember the guy told me, in few days, it will be more easy to fly, between Paris and Kigali, with our partner KLM, that will fly to Kigali. I said, yes in deed, i have booked my flight from Kigali to Paris, with KLM / Air France
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

sn26567 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 15:04
Holla wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 14:38 Hello everyone,,
I totally agree with the posts above and André's article re SN and EW.
I just want to add that the Star Alliance partners won't be too happy about the changes either imho: will the UA Chicago flight codeshare with SN or EW or both? SN for the pax from Dakar and EW for the pax from Milan?
Why not after all? But it will add to pax confusion. :?
And on the SN Toronto flight, codeshare with EW for the Hanover pax or will the EW feed flight codeshare with SN? :? Will SN be allowed to sell the whole route ticket? :?
The old say: why make it simple when it can be complicated? ;)
SN is expected to present a business plan by the end of August. We'll see how they will arrange the feeding flights, but I expect them to be completely independent of EW, and in phase with the Star Alliance partners.

The UA Chicago flight will certainly not codeshare with EW, which gets out of long-haul.
End of August is this week, do we expect anything from SN anytime soon?

Ge203

Post by Ge203 »

Hi everyone! In l'Echo this morning (don't think it's available in De Tijd for our Dutch speaking members) :
Only one seat per flight is profitable at Brussels Airlines

- Brussels Airlines will have to reduce its costs by 8% to 12% to be able to gain enough rentability to pay for their projects.
- The SN's management fears any fuel cost increase. If it (fuel costs) increases by 10%, every other cost has to be reduced by 3%.
SN.jpg
- No job losses expected anyway.
- It is also confirmed that Brussels Airlines' main revenues come from African flights. SN may also be axing the BRU-JFK route, CF qualified it as "intense".
- IAG's Aer Lingus is pointed as a model. The company managed to increase its profit margin by 15%.
- Skeyes and Brussels Airport disruptions cost the company 6m €.

Objectives :

- Reach a margin of 8% by 2022, 120m€ revenues and 1,5M€ profit.

The new plans are expected to be communicated by the 4th quarter of 2019.

https://www.lecho.be/entreprises/aviati ... 57464.html

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The article is also available at De Tijd. Due to, I don't know why, I can't put the link here.

But indeed, profit is still made via the African flights and NY is possibly one of the next routes they will axe.

Than we can ask ourself, why to not axe all flights to The US and Canada and using all long haul for the African flights. More direct flights and new destinations. And start a JV with UA and AC

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Atlantis wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 10:14 And start a JV with UA and AC
As far as I know, they are in a JV with both carriers since long, through A++, which means it doesn't matter who operates the flight anyway...

Another cost saver could be to swap routes with Air Canada: have Air Canada operate to their hub in Toronto and have B.air serve the route to Montreal instead, possibly as an add-on to the daily flight from Air Transat which is also to become Air Canada.

As such, the set up could be made similar to how they serve Washinton as an add-on to the year round United flight during peak periods only and quite successfully so going by the fact they seem to modestly extend the period of operation on their own flight even?

Perfect way to keep on offering the flights and be able to pocket summer profits, without the losses of the winter...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 10:14 The article is also available at De Tijd. Due to, I don't know why, I can't put the link here.

But indeed, profit is still made via the African flights and NY is possibly one of the next routes they will axe.

Than we can ask ourself, why to not axe all flights to The US and Canada and using all long haul for the African flights. More direct flights and new destinations. And start a JV with UA and AC
They already are since LH became the parent company.

So dropping JFK seems like a logical thing do to when you have to cut costs and leave a possible second daily NYC return to UA. SN should only venture into the transatlantic market if they are sure to have a healthy return.

Africa should be the main focus untill SN has a solid financial base. LH might give a hand by rerouting their Africa bound passengers through SN iso ET.

And upscale flying to European business destinations.