Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airlines, forced to cancel 105 “Thomas Cook” flights in October, offers 20% discount to sunny holiday destinations

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... tinations/

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Hello,

Does anyone has an insight about what to expect for november ? I'm supposed to fly to Lanzarote this month...

Regards,
I have called the contact centre for my flight leaving 19th October, returning 29th October: they consider Lanzarote as a "popular" destination and will continue flights for the time being.

flywithUs

Post by flywithUs »

HQ_BRU_Lover wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 17:11
Hello,

Does anyone has an insight about what to expect for november ? I'm supposed to fly to Lanzarote this month...

Regards,
I have called the contact centre for my flight leaving 19th October, returning 29th October: they consider Lanzarote as a "popular" destination and will continue flights for the time being.
Thanks for the information ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

My experience lately with Brussels Airlines is really bad I had no cancellation this year but I took the plane 10 times from Brussels to Africa and for all those flight's it didn't go on time.
It makes the trip so much longer if you compare to my 15 flights I did with Lufthansa all of them departed on time and arrived early!!!!
Please do something.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

lumumba wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 11:56 My experience lately with Brussels Airlines is really bad I had no cancellation this year but I took the plane 10 times from Brussels to Africa and for all those flight's it didn't go on time.
It makes the trip so much longer if you compare to my 15 flights I did with Lufthansa all of them departed on time and arrived early!!!!
Please do something.
Can you give me dates and flightnumbers?
Will try to figure out what was wrong.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

lumumba wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 11:56 My experience lately with Brussels Airlines is really bad I had no cancellation this year but I took the plane 10 times from Brussels to Africa and for all those flight's it didn't go on time.
Please do something.
Plus the time to FRA, ?

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Some updates I could grab from a relative in the wake of last week's O.R / C.E :

- TC still has a huge debt towards SN, of a few millions of €. Contrary to what was previously said, SN was paid four to five weeks after the flights, like hotels with the stays (up to three months in that case)
- 10% of SN's revenue was coming from the TC deal. Impact on EBIT margin is expected by the end of this fiscal year.
- Flights from october 10th until end of S19 season are still being evaluated flight by flights. Rebooking costs are soaring to many holidays destinations.
- All trainings / upgrades / new TR ... are frozen for a minimum period of six weeks for flight and cabin crew.
- SN's biggest problem is when to "smart-cancel" the flights in order to avoid penalties with its own pax.
- Reboot program will be SN's heaviest social program, many efforts will be demanded, with a very very thin margin for negotiations.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Kapitein wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 13:02
Please do something.
Can you give me dates and flightnumbers?
Will try to figure out what was wrong.
Always to Luanda from January...almost all the flights to Luanda where late!
Last edited by lumumba on 29 Sep 2019, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Airbus330lover wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 14:16
Please do something.
Plus the time to FRA, ?
It's not about me it's about the general service and don't forget in my case on the return flight I have to go true Kinshasa so Frankfurt is also better...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

SN starts to Ljubljana, after Adria démise : https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... ljubljana/
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Would have been too cynical to put this in the "Anomalies in BRU",...

No Jets-in-Bed today.
Quite the contrary : 10 chicks out !

OO-SFs 20191001.png

Even OO-SFZ returned from Mx in DUB this night and operates IAD as a breeze.

And SFP that stayed in bed since the cancellation of SN371 last Thursday is up and running again.
SFW is operating a special SN245 to FNA-ROB, after the cancelled flight yesterday courtesy of SFF who is again healthy and operating DSS today.

A great day for sure.

H.A.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 16:39 Would have been too cynical to put this in the "Anomalies in BRU",...

No Jets-in-Bed today.
Quite the contrary : 10 chicks out !

OO-SFs 20191001.png

Even OO-SFZ returned from Mx in DUB this night and operates IAD as a breeze.

And SFP that stayed in bed since the cancellation of SN371 last Thursday is up and running again.
SFW is operating a special SN245 to FNA-ROB, after the cancelled flight yesterday courtesy of SFF who is again healthy and operating DSS today.

A great day for sure.

H.A.
Beautiful....

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

For those who still don't understand...
SN is gone, LH is here , they don't call us EW but in fact we're still not going anywhere..
The CEO is German..., LH knows only A32X so stay with this... The Dash and CRJ 's we're whished to leave the fleet so don't expect wise decisions which cost money anytime soon...

Remember SN is just a livery with some nice people around which don't have anything to say...
And guess CS prefer to see sink SN sooner then later with his EW dream being shattered in pieces...

Just my thought...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

TLspotting wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 11:00 SN starts to Ljubljana, after Adria démise : https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... ljubljana/
Fun fact, but my neighbour in Brussels is Slovenian. (we just chatted about this) Though the schedule BRU-LJU is not great, they're happy with SN jumping in. Second half of 2021 Slovenia has the EU presidency, so this is a mighty important route for them (Presidency preparations are already happening).

Same happened in Estonia with Estonian Air going bust just before the presidency. Lithuania in its time even created its own airline for this purpose, though only SN stuck.

Also, the Slovenes aren't convinced they'll recuperate much of the lost connections quickly..

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Why you are suprised. Sloviania is not probably a very big market

AF operates only a daily flight, British Airways only a seasonal service (started this year).

KLM, Iberia, Alitalia, Lufthansa don't serve LJU.

It's a also a small country.

Some airline will replace Adria Airways on some routes, but probably most of time by Low Cost airlines.

I guess many people living at the Italian Slovenian boarder go to Venise to fly. Zagreb is located only 140km, from Ljubljana. I guess that many people living at the Croatian Slovenian boarder, go to Zagreb to fly. Both Zagreb and Venise airports attractives areas probably include a part of Slovenia. Both airports are served by Mid East airlines and linked to North America.

It's a little bitte like Bratsilavia with Vienna. No major airlines serve BTS, beacause, Vienna is located only 80km from BTS.
Last edited by rwandan-flyer on 01 Oct 2019, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cathay belgium wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 17:44 And guess CS prefer to see sink SN sooner then later with his EW dream being shattered in pieces...

Just my thought...

CXB
Now why would he want that?

You make ot sound like CS is some little, angry, disgruntled man who wants to take revenge on SN for scattering his dream.

CS was wrong with his SN/EW madness, but the man is payed to make money for LHG's shareholders and if he could do so with SN, he will.

brabel

Post by brabel »

Ansett wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 14:37 With the demise of Aigle Azur which had many flights to Algeria and the small over-capacity at SN due to TCs grounding, perhaps SN could consider flying in the week-ends to Algiers (and other Algerian cities). Just a thought...
Probably Tuifly belgium will take over those routes from different cities in France.
But I like that idea ;)

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Ansett wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 14:37 With the demise of Aigle Azur which had many flights to Algeria and the small over-capacity at SN due to TCs grounding, perhaps SN could consider flying in the week-ends to Algiers (and other Algerian cities). Just a thought...
Regarding Aigle Azur ceasing operations, brussels airlines should certainly consider flying Bamako again. Indeed, Air France now has a monopoly on that route and the tickets are really overpriced !
So I hope that SN will be back very soon in Mali... really a nice opportunity for them... what do you think?

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Ansett wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 22:47 A very good suggedtion, too. But a flight serving Bamako only would probably not be profitable unless SN gets a A321LR with a proper long haul business class. Or extend the flight to.. ? Libreville (for instance ? )
Thank you for your kind comment regarding my suggestion concerning the opportunity for SN to serve Bamako again after the demise of Aigle Azur.
Indeed, Bamako and Libreville would perfectly fit within SN African network! These 2 french speaking subsaharian cities belong to the core market of brussels airlines...
Don’t let AF benefit from a monopoly in Bamako, it would be a mistake and a missed opportunity I think...

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Couldn't Bamako be served, at least initially, as a once or twice per week triangular flight, combined with a more traditional destination like Dakar?