Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

AIRMARSHAL

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

Last edited by AIRMARSHAL on 31 May 2019, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Boavida wrote: 31 May 2019, 21:51
TLspotting wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:55 61729506_2130001623967051_7004108481632403456_o.jpg

© Robin Rouffe

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/
I will never set a foot in that aircraft.

I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier.

Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I work in the tourism industry at a department that plans hundreds of (professional) air journeys of customers, associates, colleagues, etc. all year round. As of today we will avoid by all means to fly with Eurowings/SN.

:cry:
Weeping realistic words... I would say exactly the same.
I refused to believe it before seeing this pic. I did immediatly cancel my next to HER on SN... in favor of AF from CDG!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 31 May 2019, 23:11 I refused to believe it before seeing this pic. I did immediatly cancel my next to HER on SN... in favor of AF from CDG!
So you want us to believe that you still had some SN flights booked after all your anti Brussels Airlines posts from the last weeks and months? Strange.

By the way: cancellation costs for BRU-HER: 100% ? Or perhaps you only book fully-refundable Business Class...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 31 May 2019, 23:39
By the way: cancellation costs for BRU-HER: 100% ?
Nope. I booked BRU-RHO on SN for 89.64 €. I had to cancel for medical reasons and was reimbursed 30.64 €.
André
ex Sabena #26567

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 31 May 2019, 23:11
Boavida wrote: 31 May 2019, 21:51
TLspotting wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:55 61729506_2130001623967051_7004108481632403456_o.jpg

© Robin Rouffe

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/
I will never set a foot in that aircraft.

I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier.

Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I work in the tourism industry at a department that plans hundreds of (professional) air journeys of customers, associates, colleagues, etc. all year round. As of today we will avoid by all means to fly with Eurowings/SN.

:cry:
I refused to believe it before seeing this pic. I did immediatly cancel my next to HER on SN... in favor of AF from CDG!
I understand the frustration and disappointment of many here on the forum. I also look with pain in my heart at the further integration of SN in the EW group.

But it is also time to face reality. As much as we would have liked it otherwise. Without Lufthansa, SN would not Survived. Lufthansa helped ensure that the money continued to roll so that SN could expand in its fleet and destinations. Now that SN falls under the EW group, is a strategy that I believe will be expanded throughout the Lufthansa Group. And I see others follow in Europe. Longhaul each have there own identity and shorthaul under 1 brand.

Like some people say here, that from now on they will only fly with AF, KLM, BA etc, I think is simply ridiculous. If you still want to be a little patriotic. Then support at least the people who work here in Belgium.
Otherwise have fun on your 1-stop hopping trough Europe... :roll:

Greetings
Christophe

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

I am still hoping on a Walibi - Six Flags scenario: the owners (Six Flags) decided to change the name from Walibi to Six Flags (2001-2004), only to discover that less people visited the park, after they reinstated the brand name Walibi the park flourished more than ever.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

b.lufthansa wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 09:35 I am still hoping on a Walibi - Six Flags scenario: the owners (Six Flags) decided to change the name from Walibi to Six Flags (2001-2004), only to discover that less people visited the park, after they reinstated the brand name Walibi the park flourished more than ever.
+1.

But if EW doesn't work, I would more see LH brand then.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Nonante-Deux

Post by Nonante-Deux »

b.lufthansa wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 09:35 I am still hoping on a Walibi - Six Flags scenario: the owners (Six Flags) decided to change the name from Walibi to Six Flags (2001-2004), only to discover that less people visited the park, after they reinstated the brand name Walibi the park flourished more than ever.
Not the same context. The last rebrand to Walibi was due to the sale by Six Flags to Compagnie des Alpes without the Six Flags licence, so CdA had to change the name. But indeed, they choose Walibi because of the popularity.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Question :?: :

When will the new EW/SN entity leave Star Alliance ? We all know Eurowings is totally separated from Star...

I have heard in 2022 at the latest, but how will they proceed if the SN brands survive for the long-haul ? That must be a headache. :| :roll:

I tend to say that North Atlantic and AFI flights will be "Eurowings opearted by Brussels Airlines" for pure marketing purposes... but out of Star Alliance.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

737MAX wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 13:47
brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 31 May 2019, 23:11
So instead of flying from BRU with people still working for Brussels Airlines but with a chance to be in a Eurowings livery plane, you cancel your booking in favor of... Paris????
Err..., brusselsairlinesfan lives in Paris. He was going out of his way to fly SN!
André
ex Sabena #26567

travellover

Post by travellover »

SabenaForever wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 01:45
Like some people say here, that from now on they will only fly with AF, KLM, BA etc, I think is simply ridiculous. If you still want to be a little patriotic. Then support at least the people who work here in Belgium.
Otherwise have fun on your 1-stop hopping trough Europe... :roll:

Greetings
Christophe
Absolutely !

Especially in a market as complex as civil aviation, without knowing which degree of profitability and expansion of SN to BRU could always be reached in the future.
Aren't the entire fleet (also EW in DUS "operated by SN") and the last entry OO-SNN still wearing the "OO" aircraft registration letters and also the AITA code "SN'' ? ...
Cheers

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Boavida wrote: 31 May 2019, 21:51 I will never set a foot in that aircraft. I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier. Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I don't believe you. The basic principle in our travel industry is that we book what is the best for our clients, keeping in mind their convenience and budget. When you avoid booking them on SN for strictly personal reasons (your personal nostalgic feelings), you are misleading your clients.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Yes. I was thinking the same, but kept (for this once! :) ) my mouth, being totally unacquainted with that business.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Darjeeling wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 16:11 Question :?: :

When will the new EW/SN entity leave Star Alliance ? We all know Eurowings is totally separated from Star...

I have heard in 2022 at the latest, but how will they proceed if the SN brands survive for the long-haul ? That must be a headache. :| :roll:

I tend to say that North Atlantic and AFI flights will be "Eurowings opearted by Brussels Airlines" for pure marketing purposes... but out of Star Alliance.
I wonder why they start painting new SN-aircraft in EW-colors only now? Why not take advantage of C- or D-checks tot repaint the current fleet?

Maybe they'll retain the SN brand not only for longhaul but for select short and mediumhaul flights as well? Maybe they don't even know what to do with SN in the longer term?

travellover

Post by travellover »

Whatever the name or the livery projects, SN/EW is still the home carrier employing locals here and abroad, and transporting passengers to and via BRU. So personnally, no reason to avoid SN.
Cheers

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

travellover wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 19:23 Whatever the name or the livery projects, SN/EW is still the home carrier employing locals here and abroad, and transporting passengers to and via BRU. So personnally, no reason to avoid SN.
Exactly!
On top of that the general public, 99,9% of the passengers, doesn’t care.
HLN put a, for once, nicely written article about this online yesterday. After 24 hours there is not a single comment from readers, which confirms they don’t care.
For the moment it’s just a change of pyjamas, but biggest danger, of course, are the possible job loss in the offices and lower T&Cs once (new) employees start working for EW iso SN.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

travellover wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 19:23 Whatever the name or the livery projects, SN/EW is still the home carrier employing locals here and abroad, and transporting passengers to and via BRU. So personnally, no reason to avoid SN.
This applies to every airline at BRU. You can't fly from BRU without employing locals and indeed every airline does so, or hires a 3rd company that in turn hires locals.

bartds

Post by bartds »

Very sad to see the flag carrier transforming into a generic brand without added value, even from its BRU base. Gone the national identity that almost each European country has.
They could have kept the Belgian touch with a ‘Belgian Wings’ name. Used SN as former Sabena iT employee for each holiday trip, several times/year. Good price when booking in advance, quality product & travel with a smile. Entering the aircaft was like coming home.
Will think twice now.

jerry

Post by jerry »

I am a *A gold and the only reason I fly SN (staying in the area, not BXL directly) is because of those benefits. Also, have to say that SN is the only airline that has thanked me for my business with them (not even my "parent" *A gold airline has done it).

If they completely transform to EW model (as in Germany) I will look for alternatives (AMS, DUS, etc.).

But to be honest, I am not sure if they care about losing this kind of business. I guess they have done their calculations and in the end maybe we are a "cost" for them (due to all the gold perks).

My 2 cents are that if they somehow manage to persuade the crews, the transition to pure EW will be easier. Still curious how they will handle the Africa network though.

SkyTourist

Post by SkyTourist »

Darjeeling wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 16:11 Question :?: :

I don't know if this will actually make a significant change. At present FFers registered with UA, AC and ANA's frequent flyer programmes can already collect miles when flying EW flights (e.g. people transferring in Brussels to/from EW flights would continue to earn miles just as they do today on SN flights) and book EW reward flights. Presumably additional arrangements can be made with other *A flights offering connections with EW.

Conversely if you are currently SN M&M you earn miles and status on EW flights as well. I suppose that people enrolled in SN M&M will eventually get transferred to LH/AA/LX M&M, thus maintaining their M&M status and equivalent *A benefits?