Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Conti764 »

77W wrote: 29 May 2019, 23:34
Conti764 wrote: 27 May 2019, 11:10
SkyTourist wrote: 25 May 2019, 12:04 In an interview with Forbes, Carsten Spohr hints at maintaining a hub function for Brussels for intercontinental traffic: "With intercontinental hubs in Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich, Brussels, and Vienna, executives said they have a unique ability to drive connecting traffic via lower cost routings and also enable passengers to hop back and forth between North America and Europe with more routing options."
I think you are a bit overoptimistic here... The hub-remark wasn't a Carsten Spohr quote, but a reflection of the author. Everything LH has done so far hints at a no hub function for BRU and degrading it to just a destination, having EW planes flying customers to one of the groups hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH and VIE).
Actually, today Lufthansa Group posted a video of the group airlines on Linkedin, which in fact supports SkyTourist's theory. At minute 00:30 and 2:06, BRU is mentioned as one of the five hubs with FRA, MUC, ZRH and VIE being the others.

Are we perhaps witnessing a glimpse of a strategy shift?
Let's hope so...

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

The fact that Brussels Airlines will fly aircraft in EW colors doesn’t change their strategy!
Brussels is a hub and will remain a hub, the color of the aircraft is a fanclub issue which is not taken into account by the beancounters who only see the lower operating cost due to reduced overhead cost and lower T&Cs in the future.

Konus

Post by Konus »

airbuske wrote: 25 May 2019, 10:28
sonic boom wrote: 25 May 2019, 09:14 Brussels Airlines stopped flying to Sal in Cape Verde?

Also they seem to stop flying to Ohrid in North-Macedonia halfway august
Normally the last flight to OHD is on the 26th of August
But in the GDS I see indeed the last flight on the 16th of August.

BVC will be cancelled in winter and SID will be two times per week in winter 2019!
I have a confirmed seat reservation on SN3392 flight to Ohrid on 19th of August.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

TLspotting wrote: 29 May 2019, 23:21 Brussels Airport to welcome A320 OO-SNN, wearing Eurowings livery on Friday, around 15:00 local.
OMG... this is the end...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 30 May 2019, 09:48
TLspotting wrote: 29 May 2019, 23:21 Brussels Airport to welcome A320 OO-SNN, wearing Eurowings livery on Friday, around 15:00 local.
OMG... this is the end...
What is your source for the bankruptcy please? Or for the voluntary dissolution (*) of nv/sa Brussels Airlines (and/or nv/sa SN Airholding)?

(*) vrijwillige ontbinding en vereffening

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

He wanted to say end for Brussels Airlines brand I suppose.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

brusselsairlinesfan

TLspotting wrote: 30 May 2019, 10:31 He wanted to say end for Brussels Airlines brand I suppose.
Exactly

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 30 May 2019, 11:15
TLspotting wrote: 30 May 2019, 10:31 He wanted to say end for Brussels Airlines brand I suppose.
Exactly
That is also contradicted by obvious facts:
the brand name Brussels Airlines still appears on all actual aircraft;
the website still is BrusselsAirlines.be;
all today's publicity and adverts still are for Brussels Airlines;
they have just signed a 5-year commercial agreement (Brussels Airlines & Tourism Flanders) for Bruegel;
the commercial value of the name "Brussels Airlines" in Africa (= an heritage from Sabena) cannot be transmitted to Eurowings.

Allow me to quote very briefly from another site: ...the Brussels Airlines name which for now, given public sentiment in Belgium and executive views, seems to be something that won’t change anytime soon...

- - -

Just wondering what drives brusselsairlinesfan to post, repost, re-repost ande re-re-post "the end of Brussels Airlines is near".

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

One cannot ignore that SN management seriously discusses a name change, at least for short- and medium-haul. And the fact that the new SN A320 (and all future ones) will be painted in EW colours is a serious sign that the change is occurring now.

Admittedly, the Belgian icons have been painted in SN liveries for five years. This means ONLY five years.

For sure, it does not mean the end of Brussels Airlines. But it certainly means the end of Brussels Airlines as we know it now. And that goes against the feelings of many Belgians, but Carsten Spohr doesn't care...
André
ex Sabena #26567

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

It's my opinion but Brussels Airlines and Eurowings are the same business model : low-cost products for the european network and "classic" (economy class and real business class) product for the long haul product. However it's sad to watch "belgian touch" goeing out on Brussels Airlines but it's logical strategy to Lufthansa. Brussels and Dusseldorf could be largest homebases of Eurowings.

Lot of people want only low price. It's secundary to flight with a local carrier with a long or symbolic history. It's a reality for now. It's sad.

It's a opportunity to develop more long hauls flights from Brussels (North American and Africa in first) and so more employments. It's a first target now : keeping employs and activities in Brussels.

Personnally, I hope that Brussels Airlines stay more years ago.

I'm not a professional for aerial analyst, It's just my opinion ;-)

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

While Air Dolomiti - a Lufthansa Group member - can keep it’s brand name ...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sounilr21 wrote: 30 May 2019, 13:55 It's my opinion but Brussels Airlines and Eurowings are the same business model : low-cost products for the european network and "classic" (economy class and real business class) product for the long haul product. However it's sad to watch "belgian touch" goeing out on Brussels Airlines but it's logical strategy to Lufthansa. Brussels and Dusseldorf could be largest homebases of Eurowings.

Lot of people want only low price. It's secundary to flight with a local carrier with a long or symbolic history. It's a reality for now. It's sad.

It's a opportunity to develop more long hauls flights from Brussels (North American and Africa in first) and so more employments. It's a first target now : keeping employs and activities in Brussels.

Accept for some small remrkrs or hints, all LH has done untill today suggests they don't consider BRU as a (future) hub, nor will they allow SN to grow long haul.

brusselsairlinesfan

Conti764 wrote: 30 May 2019, 17:37
sounilr21 wrote: 30 May 2019, 13:55 It's my opinion but Brussels Airlines and Eurowings are the same business model : low-cost products for the european network and "classic" (economy class and real business class) product for the long haul product. However it's sad to watch "belgian touch" goeing out on Brussels Airlines but it's logical strategy to Lufthansa. Brussels and Dusseldorf could be largest homebases of Eurowings.

Accept for some small remrkrs or hints, all LH has done untill today suggests they don't consider BRU as a (future) hub, nor will they allow SN to grow long haul.
I do fully agree !

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Then why does BRU have the longhaul center of excellence? :?

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Jetter wrote: 31 May 2019, 17:47

Then why does BRU have the longhaul center of excellence? :?
BRU doesn't. SN is the longhaul center of excellence... operating longhaul for EW from DUS.

Sai

Post by Sai »

Saw a new (SN) maintenance vehicle at BRU in a hybrid SN/EW livery already.
Now the aircraft livery is gradually changing to EW...I was wondering...
Any news on when the crew is changing to their new uniforms?
Does the SN crew based at DUS wear these uniforms already?

SkyTourist

Post by SkyTourist »

The uniform's colour combination is quite painful to the eyes. Like with cheap looking Ryanair and Easyjet uniforms it tries to convince passengers that the airline they are flying is really lowcost with cuts on the cabin crew's uniforms as well. It has the looks of an Aeroflot uniform (although even there they have the red and blue).

Let them at least keep the warmer blue-red Belgian touch in the uniforms here, although even SN's CEO seems to experiment with the blue-pinkish combination ;)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Sai wrote: 31 May 2019, 19:01 Saw a new (SN) maintenance vehicle at BRU in a hybrid SN/EW livery already.
Now the aircraft livery is gradually changing to EW...I was wondering...
Any news on when the crew is changing to their new uniforms?
Does the SN crew based at DUS wear these uniforms already?
These maintenance vehicles already have the hybrid c/s for almost a year I think, definitely since end 2018.
Aircraft are painted at least every 6 years, so in maybe 5 years time, we will have all Brussels Airlines A32F in Eurowings colours. :)
The crews based in DUS have been wearing Eurowings uniform since the start. When it is changing for Brussels based crew, I don't know.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

TLspotting wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:55 61729506_2130001623967051_7004108481632403456_o.jpg

© Robin Rouffe

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/
I will never set a foot in that aircraft.

I've always said that from the moment the first SN aircraft is painted into EW, my boycott starts. Bye bye SN/EW. I will not ever fly an airline that has killed our flag carrier.

Call me stupid or nostalgic, I don't care. Flying is more than just wanting the cheapest price. It's also about the product, the brand, the identity. Whenever I boarded an SN plane in a faraway destination I already felt 'at home'. This feeling will not exist when boarding a generic EW plane, a company without identity - let alone a Belgian identity.

I work in the tourism industry at a department that plans hundreds of (professional) air journeys of customers, associates, colleagues, etc. all year round. As of today we will avoid by all means to fly with Eurowings/SN.

:cry: