Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 979
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 24 Apr 2019, 11:03

SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?

Thanks,

H.A.

Matt
Posts: 85
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Matt » 24 Apr 2019, 11:17

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 11:03
SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?

Thanks,

H.A.
resumption of the BRU-NBO route?

Would be nice tough :) However, without an announcement?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35026
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 24 Apr 2019, 12:07

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 11:03
SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?
I think I remember hearing some time ago that a large group wanted to fly to NBO, thus SN modified its schedule to accommodate those people. There might be a second similar adaptation when those people return to BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske
Posts: 1610
Joined: 09 Mar 2003, 00:00
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by airbuske » 24 Apr 2019, 20:36

sn26567 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 12:07
Homo Aeroportus wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 11:03
SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?
I think I remember hearing some time ago that a large group wanted to fly to NBO, thus SN modified its schedule to accommodate those people. There might be a second similar adaptation when those people return to BRU.
It's for a quiet important partnership.
Normally we will see a sticker next month on one of the longhaul aircrafts.
Best regards,

Airbuske

TLspotting
Posts: 1151
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 24 Apr 2019, 20:39

airbuske wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:36
sn26567 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 12:07
Homo Aeroportus wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 11:03
SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?
I think I remember hearing some time ago that a large group wanted to fly to NBO, thus SN modified its schedule to accommodate those people. There might be a second similar adaptation when those people return to BRU.
It's for a quiet important partnership.
Normally we will see a sticker next month on one of the longhaul aircrafts.
Keep us in touch if you have more info.

Another news :

In booking system "Kiev" (KIV/KBP) changed to "Kyiv" recently.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 833
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 27 Apr 2019, 01:03

What about the rebranding? What will be the new name of the company ?

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1057
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by CTBke » 27 Apr 2019, 10:54

so far it stays how it is ... SFD arrived today with the brand new cabin which features all colors used by Brussels Airlines
Citybird
The flying dream

Boavida
Posts: 408
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 23:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Boavida » 27 Apr 2019, 16:37

I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.

ezis_bis
Posts: 200
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by ezis_bis » 27 Apr 2019, 17:13

Boavida wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:37
I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.
Well, I feel the same about it.
Maybe someone in Germany will change his mind, but I'm sure they prefer to kill this off.

The entire set-up also makes no sense; a *A carrier under the umbrella of an unsuccesful LCC.
Great thinking.

I really do wonder what they'll do with all these *A frequent flyers in Brussels.
Because, they are numerous.

When SN gets killed or dragged out, I'll stop flying SN/EW or whatever the name.
Same for my partner, we're both *A Gold. Yesterday, he had to go to Tallinn, but because of the SAS strike was rerouted through Frankfurt. That resulted in a bad mood. And really, none of us both like this place. We avoided it like the plague, only when no option is available we use it grudgedly.

So, if someone from Lufty is reading, stop with the targeted commercials I get on my browser to fly to the USA via Frankfurt. Not gonna happen.
I can connect with SAS, Air Canada, or take a train to AMS or CDG. Much easier.

Kapitein
Posts: 1580
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Kapitein » 28 Apr 2019, 05:58

sn26567 wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 14:56
The sixth Belgian icon will commemorate Flemish masters. Inauguration on 2 May. Aviation24.be will be present.
Aircraft is in BRU, landed early morning and is hiding in HG41 now

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 833
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 28 Apr 2019, 09:01

Boavida wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:37
I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.
If this is proven to be true, it says everything... they still have the rebranding in mind... and if the belgian identity is lost it is gonna be sad but also a réal strategic error...

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1057
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by CTBke » 28 Apr 2019, 13:42

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 09:01
Boavida wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:37
I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.
If this is proven to be true, it says everything... they still have the rebranding in mind... and if the belgian identity is lost it is gonna be sad but also a réal strategic error...
they might just keep the brand for the African network, but on the European network it doesn't matter what name is on the plane .. as people don't care .. it happens a lot that people buy through Austrian, Lufthansa, Aegean and not knowing they're flying Brussels Airlines .. as long as they get from A to B it's alright for them but putting Brussels Airlines under a lossmaking german LCC is a big error indeed...

and re EW/SN tail branding, it depends who the e-mails are from as I still get a lot of them with the Brussels Airlines cloud and name as signature ... :-)
Citybird
The flying dream

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 833
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 28 Apr 2019, 19:21

CTBke wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 13:42
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 09:01
Boavida wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:37
I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.
If this is proven to be true, it says everything... they still have the rebranding in mind... and if the belgian identity is lost it is gonna be sad but also a réal strategic error...
they might just keep the brand for the African network, but on the European network it doesn't matter what name is on the plane .. as people don't care .. it happens a lot that people buy through Austrian, Lufthansa, Aegean and not knowing they're flying Brussels Airlines .. as long as they get from A to B it's alright for them but putting Brussels Airlines under a lossmaking german LCC is a big error indeed...

and re EW/SN tail branding, it depends who the e-mails are from as I still get a lot of them with the Brussels Airlines cloud and name as signature ... :-)
Sorry to deny but to me, it still is very important for Belgium to have an airline clearly linked to the country, even on the european market : bearing and bringing the brands/words « brussels « or « Belgium/belgian « is a true role / mission...

C96C
Posts: 67
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by C96C » 29 Apr 2019, 11:36


User avatar
golf1411
Posts: 231
Joined: 29 May 2003, 00:00
Location: 1981 Hofstade

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by golf1411 » 29 Apr 2019, 15:53

C96C wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 11:36
Het gaat Pieter Breugel worden. Schilderijen zichtbaar in filmpje zijn "De val van de opstandige engelen" en "De volkstelling".

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 215
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by skumfiduse » 29 Apr 2019, 16:26

golf1411 wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 15:53
C96C wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 11:36
Het gaat Pieter Breugel worden. Schilderijen zichtbaar in filmpje zijn "De val van de opstandige engelen" en "De volkstelling".
2019 marks 450 years death of Bruegel. This celebration is part of a larger project "Flemish Masters" which started last year and runs until 2020.

VisitFlanders (Flanders' "National" Tourist Board) has just released a press release on this campaign. In short: "From 01 May 2019, Brussels Airlines will add another benefit to the Hi Belgium Pass: The Flemish Masters Experience. This advantage gives access to 12 Flemish and Brussels museums and attractions featuring The Flemish Masters."

stevemertens
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Apr 2019, 12:29

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by stevemertens » 30 Apr 2019, 13:20

They flew in the 6th "Flemish Masters" icon already (before yesterday morning). I guess nobody was in the neighbourhood and took a pic when it landed at 4:17 AM? :D
.
Capture.JPG

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11173
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by luchtzak » 30 Apr 2019, 13:33

We shouldn't spoil the fun by already publishing a picture of the new livery ;-)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35026
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 30 Apr 2019, 15:05

The new Belgian icon is in H41, covered by a black hose, so nobody can see it before 2 May.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Magiktrix
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Sep 2011, 04:10
Location: Jodoigne
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Magiktrix » 30 Apr 2019, 17:50


Post Reply