Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Passenger »

b.lufthansa wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 18:36 No more Laatste Nieuws nor De Morgen on board since 1 April and that is not a joke! 😡
KLM: no more newspapers onboard as from 1st May 2019. Reason: passengers prefer own IFE / own smartphone, tablet or laptop 'distraction'. Once onboard, they don't read printed newspapers anymore.
sn26567 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 21:10 Het Laatste Nieuws is not a big loss, but De Morgen is a quality paper.
Both HLN and DM are from the same editor ànd from the same news desk. Dual desk due to an ongoing drop in sales of newspapers, and thus drop in advertisement revenu. Given the numbers of newspaper sales and website visitors, HLN is a bigger loss then DM. And DM is no quality newspaper. Actually, apart from De Tijd (perhaps), there are no quality newspapers in Flanders anymore. Based upon subjective parameters international news first, strict separation news and opinion, limited sports news and no pulp. Example of pulp in De Morgen, online now: "In Venezuela maken ze de beste tieten ter wereld". Venezuela makes the best boobies in the world...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Konus wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 09:52 "Germanwings to operate for Brussels Airlines in Summer 2019". Anybody has more news about ?

Source: CH-aviation.com 16.04.2019
Full information: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... d-october/
André
ex Sabena #26567

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

And how much SN has to pay for this ?
Doesn't make sense to keep wet leasing planes instead of just getting more planes.
Unless they want SN to fail, I suppose.
It's not just high season, one of the CSA planes is all year..

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

ezis_bis wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 16:47 And how much SN has to pay for this ?
Doesn't make sense to keep wet leasing planes instead of just getting more planes.
Unless they want SN to fail, I suppose.
It's not just high season, one of the CSA planes is all year..
How about SN needed capacity "right now" with CSA and Eurowings giving them the best offer they could get?

I also read in the Aviation24-post on the Germanwings/Eurowings-lease this plane will continue to be based at Hamburg Airport and operate on the Hamburg-Brussels route. That sounds like a smart move to me.

When it comes to the CSA-birds, I'm pretty sure they will visit their home base quite often allowing line maintenance (or an A-check should that be needed). Furthermore these CSA-birds seem to be leased on behalf of Eurowings, so the short-term leasing charges might be taken as a Eurowings Group cost.

When you ask me, the SSJ-issues have a further impact on 2019's summer season. E.g. service to Stockholm Bromma is operated exclusively by A319's.

Time will tell what Eurowings Group's plans are with SN's A319/A320 fleet :)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

How about SN needed capacity "right now" with CSA and Eurowings giving them the best offer they could get?
That amounts to admitting that others are better than yourself at your core business: operating airliners at best economy. For a short-time urgency it may be the best solution but a year-long contract is a very bad sign.

jan_olieslagers

And if I may join the off-topic subject of Mr. Brel: "Les flamandes" and "Les flamingants" were written when he was a sick man already, one must mainly pity him in that stage. I have no problem in seeing a great artist in him, in his good days, though at the same time a spoilt brat and a despicable "enfant de bourgois". Yes yes, he refuted the bourgoisie, it didn't keep him from spending the family capital in Brussels luxury brothels, very much "the prodigal son". Few know, and fewer will say aloud, he was first recognised and supported by Flemish "Radio Hasselt" as it was called at the time...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 18:09
That amounts to admitting that others are better than yourself at your core business: operating airliners at best economy. For a short-time urgency it may be the best solution but a year-long contract is a very bad sign.
Well they are because of the belgian labour costs and the near slave contracts of EW. Basically hiring in cheap capacity without having to provide the social package for extra employees. Exactly what they blamed Ryanair for not even that long ago.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 18:33 And if I may join the off-topic subject of Mr. Brel: "Les flamandes" and "Les flamingants" were written when he was a sick man already, one must mainly pity him in that stage. I have no problem in seeing a great artist in him, in his good days, though at the same time a spoilt brat and a despicable "enfant de bourgois". Yes yes, he refuted the bourgoisie, it didn't keep him from spending the family capital in Brussels luxury brothels, very much "the prodigal son". Few know, and fewer will say aloud, he was first recognised and supported by Flemish "Radio Hasselt" as it was called at the time...
Youy may wiki him as much as you like, but fact remains that he is a contraversial person in the north by a large part of the population. Commercially wise, that fact excludes him for a promotial campaign.

A Brussels Airlines icon must be rocognizable for their international clientele. Example: cultural cities in Belgium. Example: The Atomium.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The sixth Belgian icon will commemorate Flemish masters. Inauguration on 2 May. Aviation24.be will be present.
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

... who luckily never insulted anyone, especially not Francophones :)

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 14:56 The sixth Belgian icon will commemorate Flemish masters. Inauguration on 2 May. Aviation24.be will be present.
Expected for OOSNE, currently at EMA.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Same planned for next Monday 29APR.

Anybody knows the reason?

Thanks,

H.A.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 11:03 SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

Instead there is an SN489 BRU-NBO-EBB-BRU, operated by SFX that just took off at 10:50.
HRYR/KGL is open for business and KLM flies in today so why has SN replaced the KGL stopover with NBO?

Thanks,

H.A.
resumption of the BRU-NBO route?

Would be nice tough :) However, without an announcement?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 11:03 SN467 BRU-KGL-EBB-BRU is not operated today.

I think I remember hearing some time ago that a large group wanted to fly to NBO, thus SN modified its schedule to accommodate those people. There might be a second similar adaptation when those people return to BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

sn26567 wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 12:07

I think I remember hearing some time ago that a large group wanted to fly to NBO, thus SN modified its schedule to accommodate those people. There might be a second similar adaptation when those people return to BRU.
It's for a quiet important partnership.
Normally we will see a sticker next month on one of the longhaul aircrafts.
Best regards,

Airbuske

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

airbuske wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 20:36
sn26567 wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 12:07

It's for a quiet important partnership.
Normally we will see a sticker next month on one of the longhaul aircrafts.
Keep us in touch if you have more info.

Another news :

In booking system "Kiev" (KIV/KBP) changed to "Kyiv" recently.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

What about the rebranding? What will be the new name of the company ?

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

so far it stays how it is ... SFD arrived today with the brand new cabin which features all colors used by Brussels Airlines
Citybird
The flying dream

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Boavida wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 16:37 I hope LH realises they have nothing to gain by scrapping the name Brussels Airlines, but I fear the worst.

I know from people working at the airport that the e-mails coming from staff in the b-house now have a 'Eurowings' signature (the text that appears under each e-mail), there is no more sign of Brussels Airlines... Also the new company vehicles driving around the airport no longer have 'Brussels Airlines' on them, but 'Eurowings' with the image of a EW and SN tail...

Very, very sad.
Well, I feel the same about it.
Maybe someone in Germany will change his mind, but I'm sure they prefer to kill this off.

The entire set-up also makes no sense; a *A carrier under the umbrella of an unsuccesful LCC.
Great thinking.

I really do wonder what they'll do with all these *A frequent flyers in Brussels.
Because, they are numerous.

When SN gets killed or dragged out, I'll stop flying SN/EW or whatever the name.
Same for my partner, we're both *A Gold. Yesterday, he had to go to Tallinn, but because of the SAS strike was rerouted through Frankfurt. That resulted in a bad mood. And really, none of us both like this place. We avoided it like the plague, only when no option is available we use it grudgedly.

So, if someone from Lufty is reading, stop with the targeted commercials I get on my browser to fly to the USA via Frankfurt. Not gonna happen.
I can connect with SAS, Air Canada, or take a train to AMS or CDG. Much easier.