Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 10 Mar 2019, 21:59

Air France Airbus A380 (F-HPJC) operating on flight #AF703 to Paris safely returned to Abidjan International Airport (DIAP), Côte d'Ivoire, after an engine (GP7200) suffered compressor stalls and was shut down after take-off.

Image
Image
Image

Source: JACDEC
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11337
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by luchtzak » 10 Mar 2019, 22:25


User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 11 Mar 2019, 11:18

Airbus' own Beluga #4 (A300F4 reg. F-GSTD) declared an emergency over France on its way to Hawarden (UK) and returned to its Toulouse base.

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 19 Mar 2019, 16:55

Ryanair flight #FR8121 (B737-800 reg. EI-DYL) from Bristol to Malaga is declaring an emergency and turning around

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11337
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by luchtzak » 26 Mar 2019, 18:28

Who is going to Edinburgh? Nobody? Who is going to Dusseldorf? Everybody?

Diversion of the year ;-)

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/wdl- ... f-airport/

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:57

British Airways flight #BA183, London LHR-New York JFK (B747-400 reg. G-CIVV), was reducing fuel weight prior to returning to London LHR due to a technical issue.

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger
Posts: 6331
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by Passenger » 02 Apr 2019, 20:14

Ongoing: LH-760 Frankfurt-Delhi (A380) is returning to FRA, after a turn-back just northwest of... Tehran. Indeed: about 4 hours after take off from FRA:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 0#20043a9e
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-aimk

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 02 Apr 2019, 21:27

Passenger wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:14
Ongoing: LH-760 Frankfurt-Delhi (A380) is returning to FRA, after a turn-back just northwest of... Tehran. Indeed: about 4 hours after take off from FRA:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 0#20043a9e
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-aimk
Methinks that, if that A380 needed some spare parts or repairs, it could have gone more quickly to the largest A380 base in the world at Dubai.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1345
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by KriVa » 03 Apr 2019, 11:57

It would more than likely be cheaper, easier, faster and more efficient for LH to arrange a new crew and aircraft by the time the old one touches down at FRA, than it would be to get the passengers on a bunch of other flights again from DXB.
They have their own spares and maintenance personnel in FRA as well, so fixing the aircraft is bound to be cheaper there too.
Thomas

737MAX
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by 737MAX » 03 Apr 2019, 12:42

sn26567 wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 21:27
Passenger wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:14
Ongoing: LH-760 Frankfurt-Delhi (A380) is returning to FRA, after a turn-back just northwest of... Tehran. Indeed: about 4 hours after take off from FRA:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 0#20043a9e
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-aimk
Methinks that, if that A380 needed some spare parts or repairs, it could have gone more quickly to the largest A380 base in the world at Dubai.
That's probably why no airline will ever hire you as dispatcher... :cry:

Passenger
Posts: 6331
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by Passenger » 03 Apr 2019, 20:16

Transavia HV-6109 Amsterdam-Malaga returned to AMS just before crossing the Belgian-French border east of Lille.

.
HV6109 03 04 2019.jpg
.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... l#2006c5a3

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ph-hzl

TLspotting
Posts: 1364
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by TLspotting » 07 Apr 2019, 11:44

TB1072 AGP - OST operated by OO-TNC, woman suffering of a heart attack, diverted to BOD.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 1364
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by TLspotting » 07 Apr 2019, 13:51

Etihad EY29 AUH - DUS just diverted to IST.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 07 Apr 2019, 17:02

TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 13:51
Etihad EY29 AUH - DUS just diverted to IST.
First diversion to the new airport?
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 1364
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by TLspotting » 07 Apr 2019, 22:20

sn26567 wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 17:02
TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 13:51
Etihad EY29 AUH - DUS just diverted to IST.
First diversion to the new airport?
It seems, yes.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

convair
Posts: 1767
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by convair » 07 Apr 2019, 23:51

TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 22:20
sn26567 wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 17:02
TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 13:51
Etihad EY29 AUH - DUS just diverted to IST.
First diversion to the new airport?
It seems, yes.
With water salute?

TLspotting
Posts: 1364
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by TLspotting » 08 Apr 2019, 20:05

convair wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 23:51
TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 22:20
sn26567 wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 17:02

First diversion to the new airport?
It seems, yes.
With water salute?
Yes and in the terminal, passengers were invited to drink some coffee and eat croissants, such a typical dish from Turkey :lol:
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35664
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by sn26567 » 08 Apr 2019, 20:50

TLspotting wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 20:05
convair wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 23:51
TLspotting wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 22:20


It seems, yes.
With water salute?
Yes and in the terminal, passengers were invited to drink some coffee and eat croissants, such a typical dish from Turkey :lol:
Turkish coffee? (The spoon should stay in an upright position!). That at least is typically Turkish.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11337
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by luchtzak » 09 Apr 2019, 23:31

sn26567 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 21:59
Air France Airbus A380 (F-HPJC) operating on flight #AF703 to Paris safely returned to Abidjan International Airport (DIAP), Côte d'Ivoire, after an engine (GP7200) suffered compressor stalls and was shut down after take-off.

Image
Image
Image

Source: JACDEC

Matt
Posts: 86
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2019

Post by Matt » 12 Apr 2019, 08:36

OO-SFY en route from Brussels to Kigali diverted to Vienna yesterday.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... y#201d8bf3

Anyone an idea why?

Post Reply