Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11106
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by luchtzak » 05 Apr 2019, 10:30

Anyway, the strike has ended.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34729
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 09 Apr 2019, 21:20

Air Nostrum pilots plan six-day strike during the Easter holiday ...

Does that include the pilots operating the CRJ900/1000s on wet-lease to Brussels Airlines?
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske
Posts: 1608
Joined: 09 Mar 2003, 00:00
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by airbuske » 14 Apr 2019, 07:38

sn26567 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 21:20
Air Nostrum pilots plan six-day strike during the Easter holiday ...

Does that include the pilots operating the CRJ900/1000s on wet-lease to Brussels Airlines?
Yes it does! Brussels Airlines is looking if they can operate some flights but with Almost Every aircraft active it Will be very difficult.
Best regards,

Airbuske

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 14 Apr 2019, 12:49

Tunisair, on 13, 14 & 15 April 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/TUNISAIR.OFFIC ... =3&theater
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 14 Apr 2019, 14:04

airbuske wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 07:38
sn26567 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 21:20
Air Nostrum pilots plan six-day strike during the Easter holiday ...

Does that include the pilots operating the CRJ900/1000s on wet-lease to Brussels Airlines?
Yes it does! Brussels Airlines is looking if they can operate some flights but with Almost Every aircraft active it Will be very difficult.
8 flights of Brussels Airlines to be cancelled tomorrow.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 14 Apr 2019, 14:18

Air Corsica answering no flight will be affected after a threat of strike as from 20 April 2019.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 20 Apr 2019, 20:15

SNPL / Syndicat National des Pilotes de Ligne (France) warning for a strike of French pilots can affect Brussels, as a few pilots of Vueling and easyJet will join the movement as from 6 until 11 May 2019.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 24 Apr 2019, 20:20

Possible strike of SAS pilots on 26 April 2019 affecting Brussels Airport.

https://www.flysas.com/be-en/traffic-in ... n/message/
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Passenger
Posts: 5993
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by Passenger » 19 May 2019, 10:05

Another trade union goes on rampage: Brussels Airport, Border Control Police, non-Schengen. They let incoming passengers wait for one hour.

Het Nieuwsblad: "Medewerkers van Brussels Airport delen water uit aan de getroffen reizigers". Brussels Airport staff gives water to the victims.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34729
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 19 May 2019, 10:53

Passenger wrote:
19 May 2019, 10:05
Another trade union goes on rampage: Brussels Airport, Border Control Police, non-Schengen. They let incoming passengers wait for one hour.
Reagan style: "Fire them all and replace them by the military!" :lol:

This being said, police is an activity where strikes should be prohibited, just like with the military.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 19 May 2019, 11:29

I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1455
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by Conti764 » 19 May 2019, 11:48

Passenger wrote:
19 May 2019, 10:05
Another trade union goes on rampage: Brussels Airport, Border Control Police, non-Schengen. They let incoming passengers wait for one hour.

Het Nieuwsblad: "Medewerkers van Brussels Airport delen water uit aan de getroffen reizigers". Brussels Airport staff gives water to the victims.
Nope, no action. Just understaffed. The border police is in dire need of extra staff but seems unable to find them. A problem since many years.

Passenger
Posts: 5993
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by Passenger » 19 May 2019, 12:22

Conti764 wrote:
19 May 2019, 11:48
Passenger wrote:
19 May 2019, 10:05
Another trade union goes on rampage: Brussels Airport, Border Control Police, non-Schengen. They let incoming passengers wait for one hour.

Het Nieuwsblad: "Medewerkers van Brussels Airport delen water uit aan de getroffen reizigers". Brussels Airport staff gives water to the victims.
Nope, no action. Just understaffed. The border police is in dire need of extra staff but seems unable to find them. A problem since many years.
Ceci n'est pas une pipe. It was not a strike. It was no social action. All newspaper reports were wrong. It was a disruption of service, only caused by understaffing. Yeah. Just like the many disruptions at ATC: those were also caused by understaffing. Untill a judge said "stop with your strikes".

Let's remain honnest please: they wanted to have the "understaffing" in the news, and they realized that:

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/wa ... ~aad05e3c/

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190519_04410950

https://www.lesoir.be/225179/article/20 ... ls-airport

https://twitter.com/BrusselsAirport

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1455
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2019

Post by Conti764 » 19 May 2019, 12:50

Passenger wrote:
19 May 2019, 12:22
Conti764 wrote:
19 May 2019, 11:48
Passenger wrote:
19 May 2019, 10:05
Another trade union goes on rampage: Brussels Airport, Border Control Police, non-Schengen. They let incoming passengers wait for one hour.

Het Nieuwsblad: "Medewerkers van Brussels Airport delen water uit aan de getroffen reizigers". Brussels Airport staff gives water to the victims.
Nope, no action. Just understaffed. The border police is in dire need of extra staff but seems unable to find them. A problem since many years.
Ceci n'est pas une pipe. It was not a strike. It was no social action. All newspaper reports were wrong. It was a disruption of service, only caused by understaffing. Yeah. Just like the many disruptions at ATC: those were also caused by understaffing. Untill a judge said "stop with your strikes".

Let's remain honnest please: they wanted to have the "understaffing" in the news, and they realized that:

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/wa ... ~aad05e3c/

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190519_04410950

https://www.lesoir.be/225179/article/20 ... ls-airport

https://twitter.com/BrusselsAirport
All those news outlets based their reports on the communication of Brussels Airport which is incorrect. Understaffing is an issue since many years at the border police and will not be solved anytime soon. they did some patch ups a few years ago but a long term solution is not to be expected for multiple reasons.

But hey, Mister Know-It-All Passenger knows it better. :lol:

Post Reply